Brexit - The Final

While I voted leave and hope that we leave without a deal, my natural pessimism keeps me cautious about the result on 23 May. To me it's not a done deal that the Tories/labour will get hammered.
Before I pop down the bookie's in the morning, what do you reckon... Conservative Party to sweep the board? Labour? How about photo finish between them.

I love betting on dead cert winners.

Before I pop down the bookie's in the morning, what do you reckon... Conservative Party to sweep the board? Labour? How about photo finish between them.

I love betting on dead cert winners.
I don't get your point, but as you ask put your money on labour, they're less fucked over than the Tories.

I don't get your point, but as you ask put your money on labour, they're less fucked over than the Tories.
My point is this:
While I voted leave and hope that we leave without a deal, my natural pessimism keeps me cautious about the result on 23 May. To me it's not a done deal that the Tories/labour will get hammered.
You must be the only person in the U.K world that thinks its not a 'done deal'.

My point is this:

You must be the only person in the U.K world that thinks its not a 'done deal'.
Ok, we will see on 24 May. Just to emphasize, I hope that both labour and the Tories get hammered, but I'm not sure that we haven't projected a result based on our own wishes. People are stupid, and stupid people do stupid stuff. Don't crow over a result until it's in - that's all I'm saying.

Ok, we will see on 24 May. Just to emphasize, I hope that both labour and the Tories get hammered, but I'm not sure that we haven't projected a result based on our own wishes. People are stupid, and stupid people do stupid stuff. Don't crow over a result until it's in - that's all I'm saying.
So, after the humiliation of the Conservative party and the very poor result for Labour in the recent local elections, all the 'stupid people'* have suddenly decided that these two parties are the good guys and haven't let the electorate down after all.

Right. That's sorted my betting out. Do you have any sure fire tips on the stock markets too?

*your words

Cock, that's not what I'm saying and you know it. Lay off the toilet duck and come back when you're sober.
Let's see now... you were saying:

To me it's not a done deal that the Tories/labour will get hammered.

And the reason for you that it's not a done deal is:

People are stupid, and stupid people do stupid stuff.

And you finished with this caution:

Don't crow over a result until it's in - that's all I'm saying.

Seems that it was exactly what you were saying.

Is it not your first language... the post is mostly your own words. Surely you can read and understand what you actually said?
I genuinely can't understand what your point I's. All I'm saying is that we shouldn't be over confident on the result on the European elections on 23 Jun, (because people are stupid)not to be trusted, and no matter what we think is obvious may not be to others. Why do you think this is do controversial a position to take?

Why do you think this is do controversial a position to take?
Your position flies in the face of reasonable expectation is all.

Every opinion polling organisation, every newspaper, every political commentator, every armchair pundit etc. all have the Brexit Party way out in the lead... even the Conservative party chairman has openly stated that it will be humiliating for the Conservative party. You seem to think they are all wrong.

Both parties were roundly told their fortunes in the local elections - elections for which the Brexit Party fielded no candidates... do you not think that the yardstick of the local elections and all of the above entities and people may just be a little better informed than your:
To me it's not a done deal that the Tories/labour will get hammered.

She's currently saying she'll leave in July if the fourth vote on her deal passed in june...

Fourth vote.
Blackmailing the Tories to support her deal or be lumbered with her for longer...
So like the EU: Keep on having votes until the "right" result is achieved, no matter how many times it takes.
I no longer merely consider her weak; I despise her & the unelected Eurocreeps she has as her version of Grima Wormtongue "advisors".

No the majority didn’t and they still don’t. Hence popularity of Tory austerity in regards to disabled people; women’s suffrage movement (although it was WW2 that was responsible for much of the progression there); and certainly the rights of gay people were certainly not championed by the majority).
Rot
The majority of people of the UK support equal rights for everyone, not the pandering to shouty types so beloved of shallow thinkers who don't believe in democracy...

Brexit breakthrough! ....All sides agree to the ten years of chaos policy with Farage singing wartime hits of Vera Lynn in a pub near Dulwich... who is quoted.

Quotes
"When I'm finished with politics, I'll have a richer life. I'd like to go to the theatre."