Brexit - The Final

With the greatest of respect, those who harken back to 1940 fail to recognise that the political class of the day managed to unite against an external threat. Brexit has always been an internal problem, with the UK's struggle to come to terms with the loss of empire and great power status coming to a head.

The country and parliament are as divided as in 2016.
The political class of that time recognised the need for a coalition and a cross party endeavour to face the problems of the time. Churchill spent a lot of time on his feet in the Commons trying to persuade, convince and muster support.

May on the other hand tried to do her job in her office with the door shut, and bollocks to everyone else.

How long does it take from Filton to the assembly point I think, Hamburg? or is it Tulouse?
How quickly for a trained work staff?
I expect boeing will have the problem sorted fairly quickly.
You mean the problem of inexperienced Captains from third world airlines not really being certified on type, or even reviewing the training materials for the new systems?

Attachments

Last edited:
I take it the Anna Soubrys and James O'Briens of this world will now be sobbing into their organic muesli about how their toxic anti brexit narative led to people thinking like that as they have about St Joe of Cox and some people on the far side of the planet.

No?
Well colour me pink and call me Susan.

Bunch of hypocritical twunts.

I take it the Anna Soubrys and James O'Briens of this world will now be sobbing into their organic muesli about how their toxic anti brexit narative led to people thinking like that as they have about St Joe of Cox and some people on the far side of the planet.

No?
Well colour me pink and call me Susan.

Bunch of hypocritical twunts.
Yes, you may have a point there Susan.

1553302824828.png

‘The Worm That Turned’ Rare Filming Photos

You mean the problem of inexperienced Captains from third world airlines not really being certified on type, or even reviewing the training materials for the new systems?
Oh you mean like the fact that Boeing conveniently ignored to mention the fact about a very critical new feature in its manual and trying to escape from having train pilots, to save on costs? Yeah, that one.

Oh you mean like the fact that Boeing conveniently ignored to mention the fact about a very critical new feature in its manual and trying to escape from having train pilots, to save on costs? Yeah, that one.
You mean it wasn't Lion Air putting 610 back in the air, without even handover notes of the issue, much less repair, in the hands of another inexperienced crew after they knew it had a malfunction of the AOA sensors in it's day before flight that was correctly diagnosed by a experienced off-duty pilot who helped the crew disable the Maneuvering Characteristics Augmentation System and save the plane? The disabling of which is accomplished by simply setting manual trim, which is something that a experienced pilot is going to do if they are paying attention and their aircraft starts nosing downward.

It is probably a bit early to say what happened with the 20-something Ethiopian Airlines 302 pilot that didn't bother to familiarize himself with any of the available training or the available simulator.

I'm feeling suicidal so I thought I'd watch C4 The Last Leg, for that extra slice of depression.
Comedy, pfft.
The Last Leg is brilliant and absolutely makes my week especially with Adam Hills view on certain subjects and hilarious rants,

However,

I stopped watching it over a month ago as most of the show was being taken up by anti-Brexit material which was really pissing me off as I reckon as high percentage of viewers probably voted to leave.

It will be interesting to see their viewing figures when they come out later in the year.

I do like Jonathon pie.
Love it.

Nail, head & hit.

He is right about our political system, Brexi has exposed, if there was doubt? What a useless bunch of tools our MPs are. Cons, lab et al really are relics of the past, we really do need some fresh thinking & fresh parties & no I don’t mean Chukkas bunch of no marks.

The political class of that time recognised the need for a coalition and a cross party endeavour to face the problems of the time. Churchill spent a lot of time on his feet in the Commons trying to persuade, convince and muster support.

May on the other hand tried to do her job in her office with the door shut, and bollocks to everyone else.
Cant we just call them politicians? This 'Political Class' thing makes them thing they are a whole separate category of person, which they are not. There is nothing special about them. They are ordinary people nd need to operate as such.

Its the 'political class' b0ll0cks that's got this country and many other in the shit

The distinct difference is that that was a war and Churchill loathed Parliament nor was he a democrat.
This is about breaking a political takeover by stealth colluded with by Labour and she is a democrat.

Yep. That Vichy French counter never really materialised.

Could you imagine Russia saying, 'ok, you reached Moscow. We'll quit now'.
It was a point I was trying to make to BL re the formation of West Germany. DeGaulle didn't want it but the Americans and the Brits insisted. Plus France only got a small portion of Germany. The Brits and Yanks were not of the continent, France was!! ISTR that Bonn Fell into the French zone-co-incidence? that Bonn became the capital of West Germany?- Why not Hamburg or Munich? Too much influence from either. Ideally the Victorious all conquering French would have split the German territory with their buddies the Russians. But then an Agrarianised Germany wouldn't be the Powerhouse it is now for the Schumanites.