Brexit - The Final

Form another misfit party without policies and full of credulous vandals to make their fairy tale come true! Then during the process screw-up a growing organisation that has worked hard to bring Europe prosperity and security for decades? Yeah...that should work. :twisted:
That's enough about the Change Party...

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
More fun out of the EU.

Accept the British Empire is dead and Brexit has failed, top MEP tells Farage and Brexiteers
Brexiteers must accept that the British Empire is dead and buried, a leading MEP has said before challenging Nigel Farage and his Brexit party to “bring it on” in May’s European elections. Philippe Lamberts, the leader of the European greens and member of the European Parliament’s six strong and influential Brexit Steering Group, said the Brexit Party would be powerless in Brussels even if it triumphs in May’s elections.
Bit ironic coming from an organisation that's busy empire building...

Wordsmith

A few Remainer Arrsers should read this and then hang their heads in shame

I’m also tired by the media’s portrayal of the type of person that voted for Brexit. It makes me sick. The perception out that quite often is that we are white, we’re homophobic, we are definitely racist, and we did not know what were were voting for. So I stand before you as a gay, black man and I can also tell you that I definitely knew what I was voting for when I voted for Brexit.
May told Tories expect her to go within months as possible new Brexit vote planned for next week - live news

But this is exactly what the Remainders want: to reform the EU from within!
And what we should have been doing from the beginning! Perhaps one of the greatest ironies in this whole saga is that by far the most effective politician we sent to the EU was one hell bent on leaving it.

Again, a huge long-term own goal by the UK political class. Instead of sending young up and coming hard hitters to Brussels, it has been used as a convenient dumping ground for the old, bold and Westminster's 3rd eleven. To make matters even worse, this hapless gang got little or no support from the UK Government, which actively undermined their feeble efforts whenever a convenient "Brussels Diktat" get-out-of-jail card was needed...

This sort of thing always sets my hackles going, as its always curious to me the timing of when journalists write attack articles. Its only ever about the people who want to overthrow, or change the existing system.

Call me cynical but it goes back to Cyril Smith, Jeremy Thorpe or even Clinton.. Those liked by the system get a pass, when finally exposed the establishment acts a little shocked but nothing like the same if Powell, Farage or Trump were caught in some serious scandal.

Thought this was an interesting read - a few names popped into my head whilst reading this.

Have Remainers lost perspective? - UnHerd
Oh, my:

Psychologists associate catastrophising with the parallel traits of overthinking, magnification, feelings of helplessness and a tendency to view an event (or an election result) as being much worse, dire or severe than it really was.
That's like every Remainer who has posted or will ever post on an Arrse Brexit thread.

Catastrophists.

Such a moist word, one feels.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
One hopes that the Brexit party points out that it's candidates have achieved a measure of success out in the real world, unlike a large swathe of the current Westminster MP's.

Two of the candidates appear to be rather suntanned. This can't be - we keep getting told Brexit voters and Brexit supporting parties are inherently racist.

Wordsmith

One hopes that the Brexit party points out that it's candidates have achieved a measure of success out in the real world, unlike a large swathe of the current Westminster MP's.

Two of the candidates appear to be rather suntanned. This can't be - we keep getting told Brexit voters and Brexit supporting parties are inherently racist.

Wordsmith
The geezer in the middle is also gay.
We're just a party of racist bigots, as any fule no.

Oh, my:

That's like every Remainer who has posted or will ever post on an Arrse Brexit thread.

Catastrophists.

Such a moist word, one feels.
Deviating: I once had a colleague who made a point of publically saying the word "moist" at least once during every pads dinner party he was invited to, usually when complementing the hostess!

Wordsmith
Personally i hope they change the name to something less 'single issue'.

they might be able to take on the red-blue main stays then.

It would be beautifully ironic if the UK's participation in the European elections, and the predictable dispatch of a number of Brexit Party MEPs to Brussels, allied with gains by populist parties in other EU countries (equally predictable) gave the anti-EU parties a blocking majority in the European parliament.

The EU could have itself a major crisis as early as June.

Wordsmith
I do hope you're as prescient as you have been the past couple of years but expect this to be broken clock time.