Brexit - The Final

Fair play to them I say, although attrition is taking its toll. Shame their passion has been consumed by such a ridiculous cause.
I have to agree with you. It's ridiculous in a supposedly first world democratic country to have to take action in an attempt to have your vote counted as meaningful.

Me? I did my bit at the referendum and made my choice when I voted to leave the EU.

What a sad state the UK has become when it attempts to ignore the result of a referendum.

Stuff like this just encourages people to vote for a 'Trump'.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
I notice that one small element is missing - agreement from the EU.

They, or rather Barnier, have not shown any keeness to accept any deal other than the one they drafted, in their interests, and called the Withdrawal Agreement. Last night Juncker said that is the only deal and it is now locked.
The EU seem to have accepted the eventual outcome will be no-deal. You can almost hear the heavy sighs from across the channel as they wait for Parliament to realise that.

Wordsmith

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I know it's the Guardian which is possibly not the most favourite newspaper for many on here but you may have a point!

Maybot has finally morphed into Lino: Leader in Name Only

I've been a remainer during this whole process but it's seems pretty clear to me that we will be crashing out without a deal of any kind.

I'm still wondering how our political leaders have managed to get us to where we are today.

Thank whichever god you worship that in the 1940's, we had people who were up to the job!
In 1940 we nearly got Halifax who would have been very similar to May. Thankfully we were saved that humiliation - by Labour refusing to work with him!

Of course the EU is going to be happy with indicative voting. The worst that can happen (as has been pointed out) is that MV4 will pass once all the other options are shown to have less support.

Or they might get lucky and end up with us back as a full member.

The EU will not cut the UK loose from their control; they want our money, they want us to keep buying their stuff, and they want somewhere to send their unemployed.

The last thing they'd want is the UK as a fully self determining nation, being successful, on their doorstep; this must be stopped at all costs.

I heard a political analyst saying similar last week or so (can't remember who). Basically there's no overall consensus for anything - even a 2nd referendum - but there's probably more support for the WA than there are for the other options.
Oh, in a free vote I think a consensus exists for remaining.. Its that little hidden gem that brotherton lad knows very well exists and why he and his kind are primed and ready. Doesn't really matter all the legal waffle on here. If Blair can go to war on a collection of bulls**t words strung together like a sky sports drinking game, then parliament can overturn anything it likes.

Anyone who thinks a 2nd referendum won't deliver a narrow majority to remain, are kidding themselves.

Oh, in a free vote I think a consensus exists for remaining.. Its that little hidden gem that brotherton lad knows very well exists and why he and his kind are primed and ready. Doesn't really matter all the legal waffle on here. If Blair can go to war on a collection of bulls**t words strung together like a sky sports drinking game, then parliament can overturn anything it likes.

Anyone who thinks a 2nd referendum won't deliver a narrow majority to remain, are kidding themselves.
I'm still not in favour of a second referendum and would prefer Parliament to sort out this mess. However, I do recognise another referendum is where we may well end up.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

I doubt parliament have the balls to revoke article 50, and a 2nd referendum with a 'narrow majority to remain' wouldn't swing it either. Best of three anyone? And personally, I think it would be another Leave majority given that Project Fear has been shown to be Project Bollox and the arrogance and sneering shown to Brexiteers has just hardened viewpoints.

And many of us would like to give the establishment another kick in the balls.

For these reasons I can't see revocation or a 2nd referendum as getting any kind of consensus. The best the Remain parliament can hope for is a Brino; so I think May's deal will pass in the end.

The EU seem to have accepted the eventual outcome will be no-deal. You can almost hear the heavy sighs from across the channel as they wait for Parliament to realise that.
Yes, they are amazed that a country will voluntarily commit suicide.

Despite the main indstry organisations (both employers and unions), at least 1/2 the country and 80% of Parliament doesn't want to Brexit at all.

The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer

Despite the main indstry organisations (both employers and unions), at least 1/2 the country and 80% of Parliament doesn't want to Brexit at all.

Congratulations on your continuing omnipotent ability to know the mindset of the entire country and Westminster.

I'm still waiting for my winning euromillions numbers for tonight's draw.

Wordsmith

I have to agree with you. It's ridiculous in a supposedly first world democratic country to have to take action in an attempt to have your vote counted as meaningful.

Me? I did my bit at the referendum and made my choice when I voted to leave the EU.

What a sad state the UK has become when it attempts to ignore the result of a referendum.

Stuff like this just encourages people to vote for a 'Trump'.

when it turns out the people who are supposed to deliver what you voted for have had 3 years and made an utter arse out of it. No deal looks like a disaster to everyone who doesn't have a hedge fund. Changing your mind seems the sensible option.

One more time, should we fear this misguided and abandoned rabble?...

Most of us who voted leave have things like jobs to do that mean we can't be off marching one end of the country to the other. If you think that small group of protesters is representative of dwindling Brexit support countrywide you will be very disappointed.

It's obvious that employers don't want their supply of cheap EU labour to dry up; they may have to pay the gammon more in wages, but these unions you speak of, you know they get funds from the EU, don't you?