Brexit - The Final

The EU is trying to play the same economic game as DFID and USAID when country reconstructs take place post conflict. The reason you pump money into an economy is to get it to a point where it can buy your goods and services. In the case of a country reconstruct, the people getting the taxpayers dollars are the globals bidding for reconstruction work in the country that’s rebuilt. Poland and the other Eastern European countries are just money pits. That 10m into Poland will be treble that when you add the money being sent home by the 5m Poles we have in this country. That’s the same problem the US had with South American immigrant workers - a fortune in USD is being sent to poorer countries.

I’m sure the German taxpayer will be delighted to plug the gap......
A point I’ve made before re contributions to the EU fest.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
I admire your wishful thinking. The polls are saying something else.

Can you spot the trend?

The EU and Brexit
If the polls are true - i.e ever increasing numbers wanting to remain in the EU - why have the Tories' polling figures tumbled so fast? Logically, if people wanted us to remain in the EU, the polling figures would be stable or improving as the 'ever increasing' number of Remainers applauded the Tories not delivering Brexit as promised.

What actually happened was that the Tories figures held up well until March 29th, when people expected them to deliver Brexit. When they didn't, the polling figures fell of the edge of a cliff.

I await your highly detailed and insightful response. (Or perhaps not...)

Wordsmith

Did you ever think of sitting in front of a mirror and miming your posts instead of actually writing and publishing them?

Your incredible imbecility would still be there but only you would get to actually see it. Everybody else would forget you even existed.
Interesting concept.

Even better if the posts were communicated via interpretive dance and then posted.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
May is just delaying the inevitable.

MPs to warn Theresa May she will be forced out over Brexit failure if she fails to name her departure date
Theresa May will be told by her own MPs to name the date of her departure or face being ousted in June after the Conservative Party’s patience with her finally ran out. Sir Graham Brady, the chairman of the 1922 Committee of Tory backbenchers, will tell the Prime Minister that the party is preparing to change its rules to make it easier to throw out unpopular leaders if they refuse to go. Backbenchers have already set June 12 as the date Mrs May will be forced out if she does not comply - exactly six months on from the day she fought off the last attempt to depose her through a confidence vote in her leadership.
She can leave with some faint shreds of dignity or she can be ignominiously booted out.

If May had any sense (which she doesn't), she'd meet with the executive of the 1922 Committee, confirm that was the mood of the party and resign with immediate effect, staying on as caretaker leader until a new leader had been appointed,

May being May, I expect her to try and cling on for a bit longer, (farcically) citing her determination to deliver Brexit.

Wordsmith

If the polls are true - i.e ever increasing numbers wanting to remain in the EU - why have the Tories' polling figures tumbled so fast? Logically, if people wanted us to remain in the EU, the polling figures would be stable or improving as the 'ever increasing' number of Remainers applauded the Tories not delivering Brexit as promised.

What actually happened was that the Tories figures held up well until March 29th, when people expected them to deliver Brexit. When they didn't, the polling figures fell of the edge of a cliff.

Wordsmith
erm polls are being manipulated by the media to brainwash people possibly????

The EU is trying to play the same economic game as DFID and USAID when country reconstructs take place post conflict. The reason you pump money into an economy is to get it to a point where it can buy your goods and services. In the case of a country reconstruct, the people getting the taxpayers dollars are the globals bidding for reconstruction work in the country that’s rebuilt. Poland and the other Eastern European countries are just money pits. That 10m into Poland will be treble that when you add the money being sent home by the 5m Poles we have in this country. That’s the same problem the US had with South American immigrant workers - a fortune in USD is being sent to poorer countries.

I’m sure the German taxpayer will be delighted to plug the gap......
Its been my position for years that the western powers made a tacit agreement to perform actions which damage their own countries in exchange for aiding the rest of the world to avoid those places going up in flames..... Think of a teenager in africa, back in the 70s with no hope why not take up the AK. Now if he reaches the point of anger, he can just leave and come west.

Tony Blair jumps in feet first and show's just how clueless he is

Migrant communities must be compelled to do more to integrate to help combat the rise of “far-right bigotry”, Tony Blair has warned.
Hmmm, at this stage in proceeding's, how do you intend to do this ? At gunpoint ?

Former PM claims that ‘failure’ of multiculturalism has led to rise in bigotry
Remind me who the biggest champion of multiculturalism was again ?

Tony Blair: migrants should be forced to integrate more to combat far right

Blair has lost the plot.

Wordsmith
He hasn't a response because as simmerit says the polling is intentionally weighted... The wider general polling shows a clear decline in the ersatz political parties and towards those who actually state publically what they believe in.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
erm polls are being manipulated by the media to brainwash people possibly????
Worked for Brother BL. Critical thinking doesn't appear to be his strong point.

More seriously, I suspect a flaw in the sampling methodology. If the polls re the EU were true, the Tory support would not have fallen off the edge of a cliff.

Wordsmith

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
He hasn't a response because as simmerit says the polling is intentionally weighted... The wider general polling shows a clear decline in the ersatz political parties and towards those who actually state publicly what they believe in.
That's certainly a factor in Farage's popularity - he largely avoids the use of spin and speaks from the heart.

Speaking from the heart also benefited Corbyn in the last election - he might have talked absolute sh!te, but he believed in it and came across as sincere. May sounded like the talking clock and lost votes as a result.

That's also why Boris is the obvious choice to succeed May - he both has discernible beliefs on Brexit and can match Corbyn in speaking on the hustings.

He's the activists choice - but the question is whether MP's will put him in the last two up for selection to give the activists a chance to vote him in as leader - he's hated by the Remain wing of the party. However, I suspect the pasting the Tories are in for in the local and European elections will make MP's choose a populist leader - if only to save their own seats.

Wordsmith

Wordsmith
Counterintuitivly the reason may be that the Conservatives were not allowed to produce. If people have to remain in a system they don’t want, the alternative is to milk the system for all it’s worth.
How is this done
(1) start to demand what others do as of right
(2) start complaining when the system does not work for you. It’s contractual after all.
(3) voice your displeasure at you local MP. And not quietly either.
(4) demand an English Parliament for the English state
(5) demand the distinctions between the crowns be returned.
Lastly if the state wants more taxes, demand more freebies.

Your lot do it as well. Think of the Trump election. Most just couldn't be arsed fielding the flying spittle from the idiot left if they dared to have a different opinion, so they just kept shtum. However, they made it count at the ballot box, which came as a complete suprise to the strident ones, hence their torching of their own cities.
Maybe so in ballot but we generally tend to be brutally honest (while polite) at workplaces. Not many nuances there for sure!

That's certainly a factor in Farage's popularity - he largely avoids the use of spin and speaks from the heart.

Speaking from the heart also benefited Corbyn in the last election - he might have talked absolute sh!te, but he believed in it and came across as sincere. May sounded like the talking clock and lost votes as a result.

That's also why Boris is the obvious choice to succeed May - he both has discernible beliefs on Brexit and can match Corbyn in speaking on the hustings.

He's the activists choice - but the question is whether MP's will put him in the last two up for selection to give the activists a chance to vote him in as leader - he's hated by the Remain wing of the party. However, I suspect the pasting the Tories are in for in the local and European elections will make MP's choose a populist leader - if only to save their own seats.

Wordsmith
Agreed, but as I patiently repeat to you. The conservative party is not really a democracy and its run at the behest of the establishment and its business financiers not the members. As such its a clandestine remain party in all but name...

Politics is clearly changing fast, but they still have a fair chance with a new leader and if that leader does not mobilise the masses they are doomed as the old ways are dying out fast in a media world.. Look at macron to see the establishment putting up a genuine believer in response to the FN to understand how far the establishment are moving in other countries and trying to harness this revolution and get it under control.

Boris Johnson is the Tory grassroots’ favourite to be the next Conservative Party leader and now has a 17 point lead over his closest rival, a new survey has shown.
Boris Johnson pulls 17 points clear of closest Tory leadership rival in latest survey of Conservative Party members

Wait and see :D:D

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Agreed, but as I patiently repeat to you. The conservative party is not really a democracy and its run at the behest of the establishment and its business financiers not the members. As such its a clandestine remain party in all but name...

Politics is clearly changing fast, but they still have a fair chance with a new leader and if that leader does not mobilise the masses they are doomed as the old ways are dying out fast in a media world.. Look at macron to see the establishment putting up a genuine believer in response to the FN to understand how far the establishment are moving in other countries and trying to harness this revolution and get it under control.
  1. If its not run at the behest of the members, why are said members making a rule change to eject May?
  2. If it's a clandestine remain party, how come 80 odd members of if belong to the ERG?
Wordsmith

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
ChangeUK just announced Gavin Essler, the BBC political reporter as one of their candidates in the EU elections.

The Tiggers are holding a Press Conference at the moment, primarily to introduce their candidates for the EU Elections, including Gavin Essler and Rachel Johnson.
Introduced by Heidi Allen (ex Tory), it’s hardly statesmanlike and to me, only demonstrates how out of touch our modern Political class really are with the grassroots in this country. A smug, know it all attitude is unlikely to convince significant numbers to join their cause. Up to now, Soubry has been mercifully quiet.