Brexit - The Final

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
That people who shouldknow better are still believing polls?

Beware the silent voter. Only remainers like to virtue signal about their voting intentions.
As was proven on the night of the Referendum.

As was proven on the night of the Referendum.
There is a known effect in opinion polls whereby the Tory vote is under-represented by perhaps as much as 5 percentage points. Some people will not admit to voting Tory, but will do so in the privacy of the voting booth. This same effect showed itself in the Brexit referendum predictions (and probably in Trump's election as well).

I rather suspect that this same effect maybe manifesting itself again in the current opinion polls but perhaps in reverse. Pissed off Brexit voters say they will vote Brexit party in the European elections, however they will revert to type come a General Election.

A Tory Brexiteer will look at the lesser of two evils in a GE. OK - the Torys fucked me over on Brexit, but Corbyn getting into No. 10 will cause far more damage to the UK than staying in the EU. The pragmatic vote may just save the Torys. Sad but possibly true.

Personally speaking, my MP is a Tory asshole of the first order and a Brexit candidate will get mine (and my wife's) vote - unless this Government gets their heads out of their asses and deliver on what they promised in the last GE.

I'm looking for my next Audible book; Andrew Marr's A History of Modern Britain caught my eye...

"In each decade political leaders think they know what they are doing but find themselves confounded. Every time the British people turn out to be stroppier and harder to herd than predicted. "

Keep it up, gents.

I'm looking for my next Audible book; Andrew Marr's A History of Modern Britain caught my eye...

"In each decade political leaders think they know what they are doing but find themselves confounded. Every time the British people turn out to be stroppier and harder to herd than predicted. "

Keep it up, gents.
A History of Modern Britain is one of the best TV series I've come across, which best explained my now adopted country to me.

There is a known effect in opinion polls whereby the Tory vote is under-represented by perhaps as much as 5 percentage points. Some people will not admit to voting Tory, but will do so in the privacy of the voting booth.
Generally says about Brits to be honest - most of you want to be nice - but even at work can't admit to just F-ing saying what you actually feel or want to say. I've worked in about two Brit companies and it's always the same thing. If I suck, just say it! Don't dance around the issue - I know you're trying to be nice and all but FFS, you're just making it worse by not giving an honest opinion!
At least we can resolve and move forward!

Generally says about Brits to be honest - most of you want to be nice - but even at work can't admit to just F-ing saying what you actually feel or want to say. I've worked in about two Brit companies and it's always the same thing. If I suck, just say it! Don't dance around the issue - I know you're trying to be nice and all but FFS, you're just making it worse by not giving an honest opinion!
Get a job, fuckhead!

We may now resume normal programming.;)

Your lot do it as well. Think of the Trump election. Most just couldn't be arsed fielding the flying spittle from the idiot left if they dared to have a different opinion, so they just kept shtum. However, they made it count at the ballot box, which came as a complete suprise to the strident ones, hence their torching of their own cities.

are you serious?

As we can see. UK paid in nearly €12 billion in 2015.

Poland received out nearly €10 billion.

All for the sane level of service.

I'd you want to a club, let's say a golf club, would you be happy you were paying for the same level of membership whilst a chap down the end of the bar was getting paid to do the same?
So not being paid to access the single market then?

Rudd will lose her seat regardless.
There are some very naive politicians in Westminster who are going to find themselves with P45s next time round

are you serious?

As we can see. UK paid in nearly €12 billion in 2015.

Poland received out nearly €10 billion.

All for the sane level of service.

I'd you want to a club, let's say a golf club, would you be happy you were paying for the same level of membership whilst a chap down the end of the bar was getting paid to do the same?
The EU is trying to play the same economic game as DFID and USAID when country reconstructs take place post conflict. The reason you pump money into an economy is to get it to a point where it can buy your goods and services. In the case of a country reconstruct, the people getting the taxpayers dollars are the globals bidding for reconstruction work in the country that’s rebuilt. Poland and the other Eastern European countries are just money pits. That 10m into Poland will be treble that when you add the money being sent home by the 5m Poles we have in this country. That’s the same problem the US had with South American immigrant workers - a fortune in USD is being sent to poorer countries.

I’m sure the German taxpayer will be delighted to plug the gap......

That’s management PC speak. Being English I would have told you straight out.