Brexit - The Final

Well, I think most people just want to be left alone to do their thing and thrive. Do you feel like you are a different planet from your time spent their in the past?
Yes, I did nine tours, starting in 1969 to end of 1983 it is vastly different there now, not a 'bullet strike' to be seen on any wall or building, and they were plentiful believe me, Not one derelict building, I saw a very different place completely, People coming and going with no 'checks or searches' Just ordinary well dressed folk of both sexes, One could sense and feel the 'money' not only from shops and cafe's but the houses were 'spruce' and well appointed, fresh decorated and gardens neat. A vast difference indeed.
I noticed one thing in particular, I was with a friend of mine, an ex Grenadier Guards, and though we were careful, people did sense that we were soldiers just 'back for a look' This quite intrigued them, and they wanted to hear more about the troubles, Some thought there was a certain romance about the Banner era, and in some cases the questions flowed. It is certainly a much different place now, the money that has been invested their since the 1990's should have been done during the 1960s, To created employment then would have cost a fraction of the cost of Operation Banner

Edited for Punctuation.

Last edited:
Pointing the finger at her will be easy, but her constituents are the type who would not care. Remember the Democrats really have no love or feel any sort of chumminess with the UK as a whole. They threw their support in with Ireland.

It is the Red states that tend to back you folks more than you will ever know, but we are also the people whom British Society as a whole does not care for.
It may have escaped your notice but the type that the U.K. doesn’t care for is precisely the same as it doesn’t care for here and has introduced devolution to avoid. It doesn’t follow that we agree with some aspects over there, but that ain’t where the votes are, either here or there

Yes, I did nine tours, starting in 1969 to end of 1983 it is vastly different there now, not a 'bullet strike' to be seen on any wall or building, and they were plentiful believe me, Not one derelict building, I saw a very different place completely, People coming and going with no 'checks or searches' Just ordinary well dressed folk of both sexes, One could sense and feel the 'money' not only from shops and cafe's but the houses were 'spruce' and well appointed, fresh decorated and gardens neat. A vast difference indeed.
I noticed one thing in particular, I was with a friend of mine, an ex Grenadier Guards, and though we were careful, people did sense that we were soldiers just 'back for a look' This quite intrigued them, and they wanted to hear more about the troubles, Some thought there was a certain romance about the Banner era, and in some cases the questions flowed. It is certainly a much different place now, the money that has been invested their since the 1990's should have been done during the 1960s, To create employment then would have cost a fraction of the cost of Operation Banner.
Starting chapter 4 this weekend!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Little Englander exceptionalism opened Pandora's Box in June 2016. This has been mentioned several times.
And once the EU had been allowed out of the Box we were left with Hope - which Mrs May has been doing her best to dispel.

European chap on the radio the other day reckons that's the plan
The EU and the remainers in Parliament are thinking if they delay it enough then the British will simply forget all about it
He thought give it a couple if years and let it slide further down the news then eventually the Brits won't be that bothered and we'll just quietly remain

European chap doesn't understand British psyche then, even those strange and stroppy British chaps living within Europe who voted out.
That same European chap needs to travel out and about more but within Europe I would suggest.
What a laugh !
Brits will always be bothered.
Always have been funnily enough.
European chap would be better employed addressing how 27% of children within the EU are in social deprivation and poverty.

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/etudes/STUD/2018/626059/IPOL_STU(2018)626059_EN.pdf

European chap doesn't understand British psyche then, even those strange and stroppy British chaps living within Europe who voted out.
That same European chap needs to travel out and about more but within Europe I would suggest.
What a laugh !
Brits will always be bothered.
Always have been funnily enough.
European chap would be better employed addressing how 27% of children within the EU are in social deprivation and poverty.

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/etudes/STUD/2018/626059/IPOL_STU(2018)626059_EN.pdf
I shouldn't labour the point too much on that last bit considering UK has one of the highest levels of social deprivation and poverty throughout the Western world. Relative income poverty among children is 20% (nowhere near as bad as the US with 29%, though) and 34% in multi-level deprivation including housing, clothing and nutrition.
Not something to boast about considering the UK also has one of the highest levels of childhood obesity.

"Some European chap on the radio" probably equates to the bloke at the end of the bar muttering into his drink and blaming everyone except himself for the problems.

Still, nothing to do with the EU except for the fact that they can be blamed for everything.

And just a couple of figures.
The entire annual budget of the EU is 145 billion euro.
The DWP budget in UK is 176.1 billion pounds
The NHS budget in England alone is 127 billion pounds.

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I shouldn't labour the point too much on that last bit considering UK has one of the highest levels of social deprivation and poverty throughout the Western world. Relative income poverty among children is 20% (nowhere near as bad as the US with 29%, though) and 34% in multi-level deprivation including housing, clothing and nutrition.
Not something to boast about considering the UK also has one of the highest levels of childhood obesity.

"Some European chap on the radio" probably equates to the bloke at the end of the bar muttering into his drink and blaming everyone except himself for the problems.

Still, nothing to do with the EU except for the fact that they can be blamed for everything.

And just a couple of figures.
The entire annual budget of the EU is 145 billion euro.
The DWP budget in UK is 176.1 billion pounds
The NHS budget in England alone is 127 billion pounds
And wouldn't Brussels just love to get their hands on, or at least control of, that money!

Why would you think that it won't? General question, but it has been almost three years and you have no Brexit yet.
Make a note in your diary to ask the same question six weeks from today.

Mr's May is walking the Welsh Hills this weekend, she must be contemplating that she has no more tins left to kick available in her armoury!

Oh, good, another "what if " that makes no sense at all.
And wouldn't Brussels just love to get their hands on, or at least control of, that money!

Why do I get the impression I've just entered the Twilight Zone?
Are you for real?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Oh, good, another "what if " that makes no sense at all.

Why do I get the impression I've just entered the Twilight Zone?
Are you for real?
No, I am just a figment of your imagination - you sick, sick man! :cool:

No, I am just a figment of your imagination - you sick, sick man! :cool:
Yes, of course.
I realise you don't have the excuse of imbibing too much of the amber liquid as you've given it up but those meds you're on must be pretty strong.
I'm trying to watch the Dr Strange movie on ITV plus 1 at the moment and even that is making more sense than your figmentations.
Perhaps a lie down?
Or try and explain why, or when, or whatever, the EU is going to take over national budgets which you seem to think is feasible?
Or perhaps not.
No, on second thoughts, definitely not. There are enough saddos on here without encouraging them.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Yes, of course.
I realise you don't have the excuse of imbibing too much of the amber liquid as you've given it up but those meds you're on must be pretty strong.
I'm trying to watch the Dr Strange movie on ITV plus 1 at the moment and even that is making more sense than your figmentations.
Perhaps a lie down?
Or try and explain why, or when, or whatever, the EU is going to take over national budgets which you seem to think is feasible?
Or perhaps not.
No, on second thoughts, definitely not. There are enough saddos on here without encouraging them.
Maybe it is the reports coming from Brussels intimating that Brussels needs to have ultimate control of budgets (i.e. Treasuries) to ensure their pogram works. You should try to keep up with what is emanating from the Borg!

They might start off with five year plans.