Brexit - The Final

It takes a particular genius to go into a GE with a 20 point lead in the opinion polls and facing the most shambolic and left wing Labour leader since Michael Foot and end up losing 20 odd seats.

Wordsmith
What May was after was an increased majority so she could ignore the ERG MPs & push through LINO or no leave at all.
When this failed, she went ahead anyway & brought us to where we are now.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
A couple of says ago, I posted that i'd received election literature from the Tory candidate in the local elections that didn't even mention that he was standing for the Tory party. It appears its a general problem.

'Toxic' Theresa: Tory election candidates avoid mentioning May's name on doorsteps after Brexit 'betrayal'
Tory councillors are refusing to mention Theresa May’s name on doorsteps ahead of next month’s local elections because voters associate it with “betrayal”. Conservative Associations across the country are finding that Mrs May’s name is so toxic with voters that the mere mention of the Prime Minister gets in the way of campaigning.
Tory councillors fear that voter backlash against Mrs May’s handling of Brexit will cost them their seats, and are desperately trying to keep conversations focused on local issues to avoid being tainted by events in Westminster.
This is another example of May's weapons grade stupidity. According to opinion polls 65% of the Tory voter base voted for Brexit. Not delivering Brexit was always going to hit Tory support hard. I expect the Tory share of the vote to be below 20% in both the local and European election - the bulk of that 65% are going to stay at home of vote for other parties. The beneficiary is likely to be UKIP and Independents in the local election (the Brexit party aren't standing) and - as is apparent from the opinion polls - the Brexit Party in the European elections.

I await May's pathetic attempts to portray these as local setbacks - and "no, she won't resign".

Wordsmith

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm not so sure. She has been most resilient with an impossible task and poisoned chalice. She is still deep in damage limitation territory against the more swivel-eyed.
She's doing her best to destroy the Tory party and go down in history as the worst PM in living memory.

A prime minister competent at her job would not be in this mess. May faced major problems, but they were potentially soluble. Instead, the way May went about Brexit was weapons grade stupidity, guaranteed to alienate much of her own party and the majority of the Tory voter base, plus presenting the opposition parties with an opportunity to potentially destroy the Tory party while not delivering Brexit in the process.

I'd say that makes May the 'swivel eyed' one.

Wordsmith

those crazy, fun lovin MEPs.

but why does the eu need an anthem or march?

Or a flag.

Or an army...
Or a currency, a border agency, or embassies . . .

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

She's doing her best to destroy the Tory party and go down in history as the worst PM in living memory.

A prime minister competent at her job would not be in this mess. May faced major problems, but they were potentially soluble. Instead, the way May went about Brexit was weapons grade stupidity, guaranteed to alienate much of her own party and the majority of the Tory voter base, plus presenting the opposition parties with an opportunity to potentially destroy the Tory party while not delivering Brexit in the process.

I'd say that makes May the 'swivel eyed' one.

Wordsmith
We had the same thing here in Wales a while back, with Welsh Labour doing the same thing in respect of Corbyn.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Is the brexi t party right wing?

or have you got a monk on with them because you're a remainer?

Relax it is a bit of fun... Monster Raving Loonies "Normal" and the benchmark......

As I said Monster Raving Loonies would die of embarrassment

As to your point, yes any Brexit party being nationalistic etc is right of centre.

Well, if you actually know anything about the EU, and you clearly don’t you dullard, you’d know many of the. Most ardently Europhile European politicians are alumni of these assorted EU sponsored youth organisations.
Encouragement youngsters to embrace European cooperation.

The horror!

A nice counter to the likes of Steve Bannon who wants European countries to stop cooperating for the Americans benefit.

Boris to become PM have a general election get wiped out and Rees Mogg to start the 1922 Tory Party.

We will regain the Empire (not the cinema) and invade Europe, we do well at that, minus the casualties.
RM will then lead us back to pre decimal, a house will cost a mere £700 and food rationed.
We will be the envy of the world & RM will end up in The Broadmoor criminal lunatic asylum for mp's

As some ex page 3 topless model leads the Tory's back to power backed by The News of the World.