Brexit - The Final

Your ill conceived, unplanned and a incompetently executed brexit will put Corbyn into power.

Well done
I see you're once again hanging onto what someone else has said.

You don't actually have your own opinion & rely on those borrowed from elsewhere, just as you're so ineffectual you need the EU to tell you what to do.

Actually, I think that there are strong arguments to remain, but they have not been articulated well, rather it has all been about preserving the status quo. Sadly, if remain can’t present a solidly positive vision of what our future may look like in a future EU, how can there be any confidence in it being delivered by same.

Also, whilst I don’t personally have any issue with remainers, many do seem to be still consumed with patronising outrage that those they consider to be their inferiors: old provincial Tory voters and working class whites, defeated them on a matter that was a core pillar of their progressive culture...
Presenting a solidly positive vision is easy, being accurate isn't. Populists are happy to promise the earth, confident in the knowledge that it doesn't matter if they've won, they can blame others, (Remain n this case) should their fantasies prove undeliverable.

I think it's the Leave side who keep on bringing up your latter points, another similarity with their SNP analogues in Scotland, grievance manufacturing and mining. Always good for votes, that's what the Facebook dark ads were about.

Last edited:
Talking to yourself again?

Have you managed to grasp that my reply was to someone complaining about Poles being in the country yet?
. . . and have you grasped that my reply to your post was to highlight why the Poles were here 75 years ago, as it brought nothing to the debate and had a hint of desperation about it.

Which is usually the case for those who are determined to be offended.

What is going down today ?

With the exception of a lunatic named BagC0ck there appears to be a complete lack of remainers.

Is it DWP interview day ?
Company is due its time. An alien concept to some I know.

In the world of @Spud2, his post makes sense.
That you choose a multiple convicted drink driver druggie as a source speaks volumes. One who has moved to Ireland BTW.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
One thing that seems to be happening (if you read some of the editorials) is that there is a shift in British politics. It is ongoing and I don't think anyone is sure where it is shifting to and how far!?

Those that live in the Westminster bubble are finding it hard to understand just what is making the UK population tick. Further evidence if any was needed that good politicians will have had a career in "civvy street" before joining up.

I don't know where we are headed but in the long run all this bollox may turn out to have a positive side.
I think the existing parties are assuming normal jogging will resume in a few years time when the memory of Brexit has faded. The problem with that thinking is that a lot of voters voted out of habit: "I've always voted Labour/Conservative/Limp Dem, so I'll vote that way again".

We have at least two elections coming up where there will be significant protest votes - the local elections and the European elections. We may also see a protest vote in the local elections next year. I think the act of casting a protest vote will jolt some of the electorate out of their ingrained voting habits and make them consider if they should vote for an alternative party in future elections.

As such, I think elections are going to be a lot more fluid in the future - and the established parties would be unwise to take their less attached voters for granted.

Wordsmith

. . . and have you grasped that my reply to your post was to highlight why the Poles were here 75 years ago, as it brought nothing to the debate and had a hint of desperation about it.

Which is usually the case for those who are determined to be offended.
I was pointing out that they were welcome 75 years ago...to someone who appeared to be offended by their presence. HTH.

About the UKs falling birth rate....

Is projected vote share in the European elections not very similar to the 2014 election?

Why are the leavers going on like we're crossing some kind of Rubicon?

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Another poll.no doubt it will crush any brexiter hopes for the future (until the next bit of internet stat comes along)
European Parliament voting intention:

LAB: 33% (+8)
CON: 18% (-6)
BREX: 17% (+17)
CHUK: 9% (+9)
LDEM: 9% (+2)
UKIP: 5% (-22)
GRN: 5% (-2)

via @ComRes, 16 Apr
Chgs. w/ 2014 result

Another poll.no doubt it will crush any brexiter hopes for the future (until the next bit of internet stat comes along)
European Parliament voting intention:

LAB: 33% (+8)
CON: 18% (-6)
BREX: 17% (+17)
CHUK: 9% (+9)
LDEM: 9% (+2)
UKIP: 5% (-22)
GRN: 5% (-2)

via @ComRes, 16 Apr
Chgs. w/ 2014 result
Remember that Bannon's holding Farage's hand on this. We can expect some immigration bollocks ramping up shortly.