Brexit - The Final

I see our fabled veto was in action today. Extremely dodgy dictat on copyright laws from Brussels..objected to by huge numbers across Europe and by many governments such as Sweden, Holland, Italy, Poland.

Ours was the casting vote, and we gave it to Juncker. Well done PMTM, Britain's 'influence' in Europe once more proved to be nothing more than for sale to save political embarrassment in No 10 for fear of saying 'non'.

A good 3 part essay from John Ward's blog. As usual with all these things "interesting if true". There's long been a suspicion of the globalists manipulating the whole circus and while this ties a few pieces of the picture together, I doubt we'll ever know the full facts. The last link is taken from the comments section in Part 2 relating to the rise of the European Defence Agency.

EXPLOSIVE SLOG SPECIAL: HOW MAY WAS INSTALLED, HOW SHE HID DEFENCE TIES TO THE EU, HOW THE MEDIA LIED ABOUT THE OCTOBER BREXTENSION

REVEALED: HOW MAY SAID “BREXIT MEANS BREXIT”, BUT THEN SECRETLY SIGNED AWAY OUR MILITARY SOVEREIGNTY

The truth about Theresa May’s “flexible” extension

I have a feeling the fragile global economy may be used as the final catalyst to bring the Orwellian prophecy to life.
Pure mentalism at its finest.

I see our fabled veto was in action today. Extremely dodgy dictat on copyright laws from Brussels..objected to by huge numbers across Europe and by many governments such as Sweden, Holland, Italy, Poland.

Ours was the casting vote, and we gave it to Juncker. Well done PMTM, Britain's 'influence' in Europe once more proved to be nothing more than for sale to save political embarrassment in No 10 for fear of saying 'non'.
We're not using our veto because we're leaving and don't want to antagonise those who we'll be negotiating a trade deal with Einstein.

Last edited:
Anyone that says they can accurately forecast the result of Brexit (with so many unknowns involved) is a either fool or a knave.

I personally think there will be 12 - 18 months of relatively minor economic turbulence. At the moment the Remain majority in parliament is trying to keep us in the EU by subterfuge and the EU is trying to scare us into signing a WA wholly detrimental to the UK's interests. Hopefully, after the May 2nd Local elections impose a degree of sanity on Westminster and we get on and exit, pragmatism of both sides of the channel will act to minimise the economic problems both here and in the EU.

Wordsmith
12-18 month of economic turbulence.

You've been saying 3-6 months since 2016.

How long before you decide it's 50 years before the fruits are harvested?

JRM walt

Of course the EU is the way to go, as if the UK does leave it'll tear up agreements & produce massive amounts of pollution from its intended zero use of coal fired power generation by 2015, compared to the oh so clean Germany's estimated 18gwh by that time.
Remember folks; the EU is the onliest ever unicorn powered fighter against pollution & protecting employees from harm...:roll:

It is a truism that oppositions don't win elections, governments lose them. The Tories currently seem to be giving a masterclass on just how to do that.

I expect reality to strike on May 2nd when their vote collapses in the local elections.

Wordsmith
Been discussing this with many people locally & the groundswell of opinion appears to be that they'll vote for anyone BUT the mainstream parties due to their blatant betrayal of the democratic compact.
Interesting to note UKIP have failed to find candidates to stand locally due to the presence of TR/SY-L as an "advisor" & the Batten inspired lurch rightwards (thus allowing the media to play the "we told you so" card).
Plenty of independents ("I'm not Labour/Tory but my politics are broadly in line with Labour/Tory apart from on Brexit, which I support 100%") standing & plenty of support for them too.

Ouch! If what he writes is true, we had best ring Paris and see if we can sign out the replica railway carriage they keep handy for such momentous signings....
I've previously posted links to the relevant parts of the WA. Sadly it's all true.

It's nothing more than a calculated attempt to ignore the express wishes of the UK electorate in their desire for the UK to leave the EU (no Baggers,; the 48% doesn't count, as it was a statight yes/no & your side lost by more than a million votes).

The aggressive attitude of many brexitears here is the obvious link between them and extremist right wing groups. Luckily they cannot resort to violence because the majority of them are geriatric cases, morbidly obese, arthritic, senile, short of breath and unable to punch their way out of a wet paper bag without having a coronary failure. They also have no sense of humour...just mention the word revoke and they go off on one! :razz:
"Your propensity to post dog's droppings is of importance to us.
Please hold the line & an executioner counsellor will be with you momentarily..."

Joining the EU and then allowing QMV were national scandals as they flew in the face of a millenia of foreign policy designed to maintain a balance of power in europe. Now we find ourselves with a continent united for now in a union which does have pretentions which make it an existential threat and we are saddled with a government floundering in appeasement and weakness.

The aggressive attitude of many brexitears here is the obvious link between them and extremist right wing groups. Luckily they cannot resort to violence because the majority of them are geriatric cases, morbidly obese, arthritic, senile, short of breath and unable to punch their way out of a wet paper bag without having a coronary failure. They also have no sense of humour...just mention the word revoke and they go off on one! :razz:
What's it like to be you?

I'd imagine it's like being paralytic aly drunk 24/7.