Brexit - The Final

Not that much has changed in a year, possible Iran sanctions on surface, but there are still Frogs in Estonia? View attachment R45167.pdf

I think change will start long before that. If the Tory vote collapses in the local council elections (and in the European elections if held), May will at long last be toast. The new Tory leader will then decide that delivering Brexit is vital to the Tory party if they are not to be consigned to long-term electoral oblivion.

Nor than they deliver a modified version of May's WA (BRINO) because the need to negotiate a FTA with the EU will crop up in the run up to the 2022 GE - which will only serve to remind voters how much of a pig's ear May made of the Article 50 negotiations.

The only thing that can now save the Tory party from a long period in opposition (and possible replacement by the Brexit Party) is a no deal Brexit - and hopefully only limited economic turbulence as a result of it.

Wordsmith
You may be right in terms of the way to save the Tory party, but it seems a bit scary to me that the best that you can say about it is "hopefully only limited economic turbulence" will be the result. Hopefully?

Anyone said anything relevant? No? Laters.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
You may be right in terms of the way to save the Tory party, but it seems a bit scary to me that the best that you can say about it is "hopefully only limited economic turbulence" will be the result. Hopefully?
Anyone that says they can accurately forecast the result of Brexit (with so many unknowns involved) is a either fool or a knave.

I personally think there will be 12 - 18 months of relatively minor economic turbulence. At the moment the Remain majority in parliament is trying to keep us in the EU by subterfuge and the EU is trying to scare us into signing a WA wholly detrimental to the UK's interests. Hopefully, after the May 2nd Local elections impose a degree of sanity on Westminster and we get on and exit, pragmatism of both sides of the channel will act to minimise the economic problems both here and in the EU.

Wordsmith

A good 3 part essay from John Ward's blog. As usual with all these things "interesting if true". There's long been a suspicion of the globalists manipulating the whole circus and while this ties a few pieces of the picture together, I doubt we'll ever know the full facts. The last link is taken from the comments section in Part 2 relating to the rise of the European Defence Agency.

EXPLOSIVE SLOG SPECIAL: HOW MAY WAS INSTALLED, HOW SHE HID DEFENCE TIES TO THE EU, HOW THE MEDIA LIED ABOUT THE OCTOBER BREXTENSION

REVEALED: HOW MAY SAID “BREXIT MEANS BREXIT”, BUT THEN SECRETLY SIGNED AWAY OUR MILITARY SOVEREIGNTY

The truth about Theresa May’s “flexible” extension

I have a feeling the fragile global economy may be used as the final catalyst to bring the Orwellian prophecy to life.

In your world, facts are irrelevant?

Hmm. That tells me all I need to know.
Facts don't exist, but that's another philosophical topic. I pointed out why the difference between an Indian and an Arab was irrelevant; whixch is in this case because they were niether of them British. If you can't understand the distinction between a relevant differance and an irrelevant difference then I'm sorry I can't help you.

You told me that agriculture outside of London needed labour and I made a suggestion that government could step in and fund it through an additional payment through say BPS CAP Schemes.... Your response is confusion.
OK so your point is that more taxes would need to be spent to replace foreign labour, which is part of what I said right back at the begining; that we can do without immigrants but UK taxpayers wouldn't like the bill. No disagreement that we could do it.

Facts don't exist, but that's another philosophical topic. I pointed out why the difference between an Indian and an Arab was irrelevant; whixch is in this case because they were niether of them British. If you can't understand the distinction between a relevant differance and an irrelevant difference then I'm sorry I can't help you.
You're fast becoming a parody of yourself.

. . . and BZ to you for Googling Nietzsche (though the statement is a self contradiction).

And now, a bit of Huxley for you, 'Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored'.

You're fast becoming a parody of yourself.

. . . and BZ to you for Googling Nietzsche (though the statement is a self contradiction).

And now, a bit of Huxley for you, 'Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored'.
You're good at clever words, not so hot at actual coherent argument. Also since you're interested in accuracy I didn't Google Nietzsche, if I'd Googled anyone it would have been David Hume who if you want to read him will make it all clear.

You're good at clever words, not so hot at actual coherent argument. Also since you're interested in accuracy I didn't Google Nietzsche, if I'd Googled anyone it would have been David Hume who if you want to read him will make it all clear.
Why, thank you-I wish that I could return the compliment . . . but then I would be fibbing.

The aggressive attitude of many brexitears here is the obvious link between them and extremist right wing groups. Luckily they cannot resort to violence because the majority of them are geriatric cases, morbidly obese, arthritic, senile, short of breath and unable to punch their way out of a wet paper bag without having a coronary failure. They also have no sense of humour...just mention the word revoke and they go off on one! :razz:

The aggressive attitude of many brexitears here is the obvious link between them and extremist right wing groups. Luckily they cannot resort to violence because the majority of them are geriatric cases, morbidly obese, arthritic, senile, short of breath and unable to punch their way out of a wet paper bag without having a coronary failure. They also have no sense of humour...just mention the word revoke and they go off on one! :razz:
Making a play for SPOTY2019 already?