Brexit - The Final

I like it but will the electorate vote to overturn the status quo?
If I am honest, I don't really care anymore. If your opposed to the status quo, your going to be labelled either a racist, marxist or russian troll.... I would settle for a political reset where all parties are obliged to speak the truth, not in terms of facts or figures but who they represent and what motivates them.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Anyway

UK PM May says no-deal Brexit planning continues - spokesman - Reuters

I would say it is time to engage overdrive - I think an ongoing Court case is going to bite your extension hard on the Arrse.
That'll be the no deal planning that PMTM stopped a couple of days ago,

Civil servants ordered to wind down emergency plans for no-deal Brexit with 'immediate effect'
Mark Sedwill, the Cabinet Secretary, told the civil service to "wind down" worst-case scenario no-deal planning after the European Union imposed a further six-month Brexit delay on Theresa May.
Wordsmith

Not sure what your first language is.
The pastoral v Nomad life style competition will be with us in diminishing amounts until all the Nomads are dead. They cannot survive the competition. But that is not a racial but a cultural problem.
Once you are above a certain pay grade most problem which beset poorer people disappear unless you are a bigot.
I am sure the state would be happy if we all became nomads and stripped away any of our humanity, but that flies in the face of a middle aged persons desire to put down roots... This debate is for another thread, but ultimately racism is a reaction, rather than inate.

Mentalism.

Economic suicide will win an election?

It's all about holding the centre.

If the Tories were smart, they'd cut loose the kipper wing and try to hoover up some centrist votes with some public service spending pledges.
That response shows everything right and wrong in your thought processes.... Its a reasonably orthodox interperation, which is predicated on the existing system enduring ad infinitum and with your usual abusive flourish...

All I would say is the centre is prone to change very suddenly and its an area in which debate is narrowing when you promote it, not broadening it..

That response shows everything right and wrong in your thought processes.... Its a reasonably orthodox interperation, which is predicated on the existing system enduring ad infinitum and with your usual abusive flourish...

All I would say is the centre is prone to change very suddenly and its an area in which debate is narrowing when you promote it, not broadening it..
I'm simply stating what seems like the only way for the Tories to retain power.

Chasing the ~10% of loons on the fringe never works. by appeasing the kippers they may lose even more votes.

There's other parties that represent the views of the far right / single issue types.

You can't out kipper the kippers

Your repeated posting about the system breaking down is a little on the nose if I may say so. Perhaps a more subtle approach is needed ;)

I'm simply stating what seems like the only way for the Tories to retain power.

Chasing the ~10% of loons on the fringe never works. by appeasing the kippers they may lose even more votes.

There's other parties that represent the views of the far right / single issue types.

You can't out kipper the kippers
The trouble with your mindset is that your stuck in the 90s. The centre ground is a space inhabited by a tiny minority of the country and its a shrinking group.. Why do you think mainstream parties across europe are so busy trying to reinvent themselves.

The rise of the internet has cut away the control of that narrative. Think of this like a road in insurgent territory.... The space is now uncontrolled, but you can drive from A to B without incident and sit their argueing that their is no need to change your routine, until your enemies decide to cut the route, or lay an ambush.

This has been mentioned many times although is played down by the Remain media. The Withdrawal Agreement is not a document to take us out of the EU it is a document designed to keep us in! NI border is a red herring!
Or maybe even a bit like Austria-Hungary's 1914 ultimatum to Serbia; a document designed to be rejected; except that we didn't (nor initially did the Serbs, but they were invaded anyway)....

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Or maybe even a bit like Austria-Hungary's 1914 ultimatum to Serbia; a document designed to be rejected; except that we didn't (nor initially did the Serbs, but they were invaded anyway)....
That thought has crossed my mind. Why send a document that both signatories knew would be rejected? Why also persist in presenting it and not accepting the rejection of it.
Maybe we have to return to good old Winnie for a solution
"I cannot forecast to you the action of Russia. It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma; but perhaps there is a key. That key is Russian national interest."
WSC
Obviously substitute EU for Russia, but I don't think it is that far out!

I’m not sure she’d hold down full time employment in anything other than the NHS as a cleaner or doing the tea and biscuits in the afternoon.

That’s a serious comment by the way
A little generous I think.

So there are 12 meety people this afternoon, so lets say 3 biscuits per people, that means we need er, er, twelvty million biscuits. Must remember to ask the boss where the loading bay for the conference room is.

I think it was initially laid out as the EU's wet dream, remain in the EU paying full whack but without a vote. But I doubt Barnier ever expected HMG to sign up to it, so when they did it's rather trapped both may and the EU. They've invested too much political capital defending the indefensible 'deal' and can't now back down.

Rubbish, the farmers love the foreign workers because they don't complain and generally bugger off after the contract is up.. If its such an issue, why doesn't the government agree some agricultural wages provided via state funding ??
You just claimed the need for immigrants is a London thing. I'm getting confused.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
A little generous I think.

So there are 12 meety people this afternoon, so lets say 3 biscuits per people, that means we need er, er, twelvty million biscuits. Must remember to ask the boss where the loading bay for the conference room is.
Now that is where you are completely wrong about St Abbottomus.

Had she been tasked to supply biscuits etc for a meeting, she would have immediately pulled out her Race Card and demanded that this be done by a whitey as to ask a black/coloured/off-white which ever expression is used today, person is wacist and demeaning every coloured etc etc person in the country! Job jobbed as far as she is concerned.