Brexit - The Final

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Mrs May now holding a press conference and her stance seems to have changed since yesterday. Yesterday it was short extension and no more, today it could be a lengthy extension!

I missed thexstartvof the conference but it seems that if we stay then we will have to put up candidates for the EU elections. Yesterday that was totally written out, today it is being discussed again.

However, the basic message is still my deal or no deal.

Anything is more likely .. Apart from Brexit, how many outcomes of no Brexit do you want ?

Personally I don't want Brexit - but I don't want the results of the referendum overturned unless the population agree to it, either by; a second vote now people have bear witness to the demons they unleashed; or a Brexit-lite where we still retain a close relationship with the Single Market (like many of the Brexiteers were advocating before the vote) would suit me.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Tony Connelly (@tconnellyRTE) on Twitter

Looks like if MV3 passes next week, U.K. has until 22 May

If it fails (or I assume isn’t allowed), the extension to 12 April

On 12 April, U.K. has choice between EP elections (and longer extension) or hard Brexit
Sums it up neatly.

What a farce, the woman can't make a decision and stick to it. She can stick to a dead duck policy though.

Personally I don't want Brexit - but I don't want the results of the referendum overturned unless the population agree to it, either by; a second vote now people have bear witness to the demons they unleashed; or a Brexit-lite where we still retain a close relationship with the Single Market (like many of the Brexiteers were advocating before the vote) would suit me.
She will get shot down again on Tuesday, I’m not sure what will happen but the Brexit most voted for is gone with the wind. The boat has sailed, my money is still on a long extension, with Brexit fading away to dust.

Sums it up neatly.

What a farce, the woman can't make a decision and stick to it. She can stick to a dead duck policy though.
Too be fair to her (and by Allah that pains me to type) none of the rest of the incompetent morons either main party has in abundance would have done much better playing the hand they have...

However, the basic message is still my deal or no deal.
The EU have sent the message that if they vote down May's WA, then they'll happily accept a much longer extension.

That'll just encourage the majority Remainer parliament to vote down the deal in the hope of undermining democracy; e.g. indicative voting in the hope of getting a customs union, or a 2nd referendum, or something of that ilk.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The EU have sent the message that if they vote down May's WA, then they'll happily accept a much longer extension.

That'll just encourage the majority Remainer parliament to vote down the deal in the hope of undermining democracy; e.g. indicative voting in the hope of getting a customs union, or a 2nd referendum, or something of that ilk.
Exactly. Newsnight though are mentioning that there is a growing feeling in the Tory Party that she stands down now.

She will get shot down again on Tuesday, I’m not sure what will happen but the Brexit most voted for is gone with the wind. The boat has sailed, my money is still on a long extension, with Brexit fading away to dust.
The Option in the referendum was leave the European Union but didn’t say eg stay in CU, EEA or EFTA

All are options that mean you can leave the EU