Brexit - The Final

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can still remember the horrified look on the Chef de Police Aer et Frontiere at Waterloo when I told him I had five years to go before I could retire at 60 and that I would get an old age Pension until 65. Same day I got someone trying to break the cordon by some Frenchie trying to get back whom the French wanted. As he came through, your's trulies boot just happened to get in the way just as a PAF bloke came out of his cubicle. "Merde, pas des Manottes", It's OK son Borrow mine.

No. The full moon is on the day of the election.
It is indeed - Beaver Moon. I shall look forward to your post election analysis old boy...

No doubt it’ll be along the lines of“

“People only voted Conservative and Getting Brexit Done and finally dashed my Remain dream because Boris looked at his Lunar calendar and scurrilously took advantage of a full moon when choosing the election date. 11th or 13th and the LibDems would have won easily and they’d have cancelled Brexit for me. SORRY”​

Good job the election wasn’t called for 14th August 2019 - the date of the full moon otherwise known as a Sturgeon Moon.

Nope. But the refusal to look at expert assessments, a refusal to accept that vast majority of researchers disagree, and the insistence that any contrary evidence is just "media bias and Remainer agenda" is rather similar...

When the UK Government's own assessments all suggest that Brexit is going to give our economy a kicking, and that harder Brexits will mean a more severe kicking, why do so many Brexiteers without any formal economic education insist that it's just not going to happen?
According to the predictions of the government , the opposition , the Treasury and former president Obama , our economy should have shrunk by 20% already , with more to come when it actually happens .
It's patently obvious that none of their predictions are happening , meanwhile , Germany , France and Italy are imploding , only you don't hear it on our news , because it now focusses on really important matters such as journalists opinions , discussions on dance shows and who is the latest football manager to be sacked .

Which doesn’t alter the fact that the earth has warming and cooling periods. I quite prepared to accept that man is responsible for SOME warming, but we are still emerging from an ice age which some suggest has lasted at least a hundred K years. Nor does it account for solar activity. Lastly if we have contributed, it has been through a profit oriented economic cycle, that every country has participated in. Strange isn’t it that at the very beginning in the 1850’s we entered a mini ice age noted by Dickins or others. Sea levels were considerably higher in the Roman period and the climate was warmer. Discount the gasses from Volcanic activity . We can of course sit in a cave in sack cloth and ashes for the next millennia, not daring to make anything or switch on electricity in case the world implodes, but then you would have literally nothing again. But the current hysteria will solve nothing other than returning the world to Luddism
And if you don't believe the man , ask yourself why most Roman ports around their empire now find themselves several miles inland :rolleyes:

Yes, the effects of the last ice age are still being felt, and sea levels were higher in the classical period - an excellent example is the battlefield of Thermopylae, which was largely conditioned by much higher sea levels; today the 300 would simply have been outflanked by a couple of miles. The earth's surface is still adjusting to the loss of the great ice sheets even today.

Even if there is little doubt that human activity is responsible for some of the warming, it is still far from the climatic extremes that Earth has encountered in the past and will of its own accord reach in the future. A major problem at the moment is that climate is also being exploited as a ploy to support various vested political and economic interests; the wheat needs to be peeled from the chaff. Above all, if we continue to ignore the elephant in the room; unchecked human population growth, all the lentil eating in the world will make little long-term difference.

As an example of what can be done - when science decided unequivocally that there was a direct link between CFC emissions and the growing hole in the Ozone Layer, decisive action was quickly taken, because it was clear that the risk to us all greatly outweighed any economic benefit of continuing to use them.

Here endeth the deviation....
My advice ? Invest your portfolio in the following ;
Alternative energy 10%
Vertical farming funds 35%
Riot control & arms manufacturers 55%

Those who still worship Nigel Farage will have no idea why he has failed again. You can't build a party on foundations of hatred, bigotry, xenophobia, racism, ignorance and fear. Those kind of people have no loyalty and no clue. Sorry mongs but I told you so...
How's Jo Swinson our next PM and revoker of article 50 doing? Has she picked the curtains for No10 yet?

Barry Gardiner in full wibble on sky

’parently Boris doesn't have a democratic mandate...

Those who still worship Nigel Farage will have no idea why he has failed again. You can't build a party on foundations of hatred, bigotry, xenophobia, racism, ignorance and fear. Those kind of people have no loyalty and no clue. Sorry mongs but I told you so...
Who keeps putting 20ps in the idiot?

Ursula von der Leyen took the reins on Sunday as the first ever woman to be elected as President of the European Commission.

Gosh! Does this mean that one of the main reasons for brexit has been destroyed? That
Jean-Claude Juncker is piss artist.....

Well that still leaves racism and we won the war I suppose.
Ursula you say?

Boris and his band of lying crooks have been fully exposed now but apparently they have attracted about 70% of those who voted to leave in the last referendum. The message is clear...mongs feed on lies like flies feed on turds. The future is not looking great for Britain.

Boris and his band of lying crooks have been fully exposed now but apparently they have attracted about 70% of those who voted to leave in the last referendum. The message is clear...mongs feed on lies like flies feed on turds. The future is not looking great for Britain.
Have you ever considered taking up an interesting hobby like bobbing for apples in a wasps nest?

ACAB

LE
There could be a Nobel prize waiting for those waiting to unleash their potential post brexit. Frankly I have had a bit of constipation over the last couple of weeks. Then yesterday I had a cheeseburger with onions in Doncaster. Following my Gin and tonic breakfast this morning I took a dump of perfect consistency! If we can only unlock the billions of investment waiting like a coiled spring to restore Britain as No 1 in research...

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
There could be a Nobel prize waiting for those waiting to unleash their potential post brexit. Frankly I have had a bit of constipation over the last couple of weeks. Then yesterday I had a cheeseburger with onions in Doncaster. Following my Gin and tonic breakfast this morning I took a dump of perfect consistency! If we can only unlock the billions of investment waiting like a coiled spring to restore Britain as No 1 in research...
A gin and tonic breakfast would explain your wibble. Although I suspect the reality was a brasso and turps breakfast.

Last edited:
Frankly I have had a bit of constipation over the last couple of weeks. Then yesterday I had a cheeseburger with onions in Doncaster.
Higgsy out campaigning in Doncaster.

xxxxzzzzrepent-the-end-is-nigh-ye-must-be-cleansed.jpg

Substitute, Wilson,Kinnock, Blair, Brown-as applicable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads