Brexit - The Final

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those who still worship Nigel Farage will have no idea why he has failed again. You can't build a party on foundations of hatred, bigotry, xenophobia, racism, ignorance and fear. Those kind of people have no loyalty and no clue. Sorry mongs but I told you so...
Enough about the Labour party.

Talking about 5 years after a Corbyn government.
Thank you for your clarification. A voucher for one extra turnip* has been awarded for your helpful community spirit. A quality that will serve you well in the labour camps

*terms and conditions apply and all such ‘rewards‘ will be subject to BIK tax at the higher rate.

Which doesn’t alter the fact that the earth has warming and cooling periods. I quite prepared to accept that man is responsible for SOME warming, but we are still emerging from an ice age which some suggest has lasted at least a hundred K years. Nor does it account for solar activity. Lastly if we have contributed, it has been through a profit oriented economic cycle, that every country has participated in. Strange isn’t it that at the very beginning in the 1850’s we entered a mini ice age noted by Dickins or others. Sea levels were considerably higher in the Roman period and the climate was warmer. Discount the gasses from Volcanic activity . We can of course sit in a cave in sack cloth and ashes for the next millennia, not daring to make anything or switch on electricity in case the world implodes, but then you would have literally nothing again. But the current hysteria will solve nothing other than returning the world to Luddism
Yes, the effects of the last ice age are still being felt, and sea levels were higher in the classical period - an excellent example is the battlefield of Thermopylae, which was largely conditioned by much higher sea levels; today the 300 would simply have been outflanked by a couple of miles. The earth's surface is still adjusting to the loss of the great ice sheets even today.

Even if there is little doubt that human activity is responsible for some of the warming, it is still far from the climatic extremes that Earth has encountered in the past and will of its own accord reach in the future. A major problem at the moment is that climate is also being exploited as a ploy to support various vested political and economic interests; the wheat needs to be peeled from the chaff. Above all, if we continue to ignore the elephant in the room; unchecked human population growth, all the lentil eating in the world will make little long-term difference.

As an example of what can be done - when science decided unequivocally that there was a direct link between CFC emissions and the growing hole in the Ozone Layer, decisive action was quickly taken, because it was clear that the risk to us all greatly outweighed any economic benefit of continuing to use them.

Here endeth the deviation....

Thank you for your clarification. A voucher for one extra turnip* has been awarded for your helpful community spirit. A quality that will serve you well in the labour camps

*terms and conditions apply and all such ‘rewards‘ will be subject to BIK tax at the higher rate.
Thank you comrade! May I beg some bread for my children, they have had none since Tesco went bankrupt 3 years ago and people stopped donating to the food banks.

Yes, the effects of the last ice age are still being felt, and sea levels were higher in the classical period - an excellent example is the battlefield of Thermopylae, which was largely conditioned by much higher sea levels; today the 300 would simply have been outflanked by a couple of miles. The earth's surface is still adjusting to the loss of the great ice sheets even today.

Even if there is little doubt that human activity is responsible for some of the warming, it is still far from the climatic extremes that Earth has encountered in the past and will of its own accord reach in the future. A major problem at the moment is that climate is also being exploited as a ploy to support various vested political and economic interests; the wheat needs to be peeled from the chaff. Above all, if we continue to ignore the elephant in the room; unchecked human population growth, all the lentil eating in the world will make little long-term difference.

As an example of what can be done - when science decided unequivocally that there was a direct link between CFC emissions and the growing hole in the Ozone Layer, decisive action was quickly taken, because it was clear that the risk to us all greatly outweighed any economic benefit of continuing to use them.

Here endeth the deviation....
sorry never went to uni- never made it in the army- merely an 'umble Customs officer...arf arf wiv a sack full of genuine disbelief.

Those who still worship Nigel Farage will have no idea why he has failed again. You can't build a party on foundations of hatred, bigotry, xenophobia, racism, ignorance and fear. Those kind of people have no loyalty and no clue. Sorry mongs but I told you so...
Oh you can you know, just look at Labour and the EU a"mong"st others

Ursula von der Leyen took the reins on Sunday as the first ever woman to be elected as President of the European Commission.

Gosh! Does this mean that one of the main reasons for brexit has been destroyed? That
Jean-Claude Juncker is piss artist.....

Well that still leaves racism and we won the war I suppose.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Ursula von der Leyen took the reins on Sunday as the first ever woman to be elected as President of the European Commission.

Gosh! Does this mean that one of the main reasons for brexit has been destroyed? That

Only the finest handcrafted wibble makes it past your testers it seems.

ACAB

LE
Nope. But the refusal to look at expert assessments, a refusal to accept that vast majority of researchers disagree, and the insistence that any contrary evidence is just "media bias and Remainer agenda" is rather similar...

When the UK Government's own assessments all suggest that Brexit is going to give our economy a kicking, and that harder Brexits will mean a more severe kicking, why do so many Brexiteers without any formal economic education insist that it's just not going to happen?
And what is your economic education? Pray tell.

Hold on a minute...perhaps there is a new reason for brexit! Ursula von der Leyen probably has a dry fanny. Look for new intellectually devoid posts on social media that may confirm this.

Hold on a minute...perhaps there is a new reason for brexit! Ursula von der Leyen probably has a dry fanny. Look for new intellectually devoid posts on social media that may confirm this.
I suppose you'd be offended if she did, as you're quite the dripping fanny yourself.

So will everyone in the UK starve, run out of medical supplies including isotopes for use in nuclear medicine, and not to forget toilet rolls, will kent become a gridlocked car park... Due to French industrial action or is it only Brexit that brings on the apocalypse.

In this latest wave of industrial action, transport across the country is likely to be disrupted throughout the week. The SNCF has advised travellers to make alternative plans as rail unions CGT and Sud Rail will strike from Wednesday till Friday. Roads may be blocked in the north and in places such as Marseille and Bordeaux owing to strike action from lorry drivers. Port and dock workers are striking, for the second time this week, on Thursday which will cause delays to ferries; Paris’ airports will also be disrupted, because of strikes by the DGAC, and even staff in schools in cities such as Pau and Quiper are taking part with some remaining closed during the week.

Full moon tonight Higgsy?

And what is your economic education? Pray tell.
Only an SCE Higher.

But then, I've also got a willingness to listen to people who research stuff for a job. So if the broad mass of doctors say "smoking can cause lung cancer, here's the data" - I believe them. I don't think that the example of old Steve who smoked every day but lived to 89, instantly disproves it or invalidates their research. And my lack of any biomedical qualification beyond a FAW certificate, is irrelevant.

And if one doctor insists that this is all rubbish, that they can cure autism through this expensive treatment that Big Pharma is suppressing in search of profit, then I begin to suspect that doctor of having an alternative motive...

Only an SCE Higher.

But then, I've also got a willingness to listen to people who research stuff for a job.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight..

Would you now like to tell us all how these highly qualified, Economic Experts in the main work for Companies ? If they were anywhere near as good as they think they are, they would all be multi-millionaires.

They feed a model ( sh!t in, sh!t out ) and make predictions.

Much the same as witch doctors throw bones in the air, watch how they land and then make a prediction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads