Brexit - The Final

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it's the owner of a pub chain, or a random economist writing a report how Brexit means we'll turn London into Singapore-on-Thames, and we'll all get unicorns and chocolate fountains - I agree.

But if HM Government does an impact analysis by industry sector, and looks at actual numbers, it's safe to just ignore it as "tosh and bollocks"?
When the person who was responsible for the predictions was sacked from his top job <spits> Phillip Hammond<spits> because it transpired that he worked against his party's promises, I concur that yes, it was all tosh and bollocks. Why is that so difficult for you swivel eyed loons to understand.

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Oh, has Brexit happened, then? Because that's when the predictions were mostly to take effect. Meanwhile, don't forget that our imports all got rather more expensive immediately afterwards, when the exchange rate took a nosedive.

It's not hard to see how a prediction like "if we have to do sh*tloads of customs documentation, our logistics will be screwed up" can really be proven false until the border controls appear. Remind me again why Michael Gove was preparing to turn the M20 into a lorry park, does he just not have faith that everything will be fine?
Short memories you rabid Remainers. Armageddon was predicted just for voting Brexit.

The Daily Mail, the Daily Express, the Daily Telegraph, and The Sun...

UK Broadcasters are less partisan, because OFCOM has teeth while IPSO is a joke.
I take it that the bbc and Ch4 receiving EU money doesn't affect their stance in your opinion.
Back on ignore for you.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
When the person who was responsible for the predictions was sacked from his top job <spits> Phillip Hammond<spits> because it transpired that worked against his party's promises, I concur that yes, it was all tosh and bollocks. Why is that so difficult for you swivel eyed loons to understand.
There's your answer!

Oh, has Brexit happened, then? Because that's when the predictions were mostly to take effect. Meanwhile, don't forget that our imports all got rather more expensive immediately afterwards, when the exchange rate took a nosedive.
Did you not understand the word immediate or predicted on a vote to leave the EU ?

Let me give you the link again, from 20 August 2016

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Did you not understand the word immediate or predicted on a vote to leave the EU ?

Let me give you the link again, from 20 August 2016

For goodness sake, don't let fact and truth get in the way of a Remainer!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Yeah, all that peer-reviewed research involving glacial retreat, Arctic and Antarctic sea ice coverage, atmospheric ppmCO2 measurement, sea temperature, ice core samples, oceanic acidity levels due to CO2 absorption...

If it's inconvenient and you don't want to think about it, easy! Just stick your fingers in your ears, pop open your Bible, read the bits that give you a warm fuzzy feeling, insist that it's "only 5000 questionnaires, it's a scam" and you too can assert that the facts don't matter, and ignore anything to the contrary.

In history, you'd have been the type of bloke insisting that we can give the Boche a kickng and the war will be over by Christmas! The Japanese were all weedy short-sighted types, they'll never invade Malaya, and anyway Singapore is impregnable, we could defend it for a century! The Germans are in full retreat, we should be able to grab those bridges across the Rhine, no bother! We gave the Egyptians a kicking six years ago, why not slack off for the holiday season! Of course Saddam has Weapons of Mass Destruction, and the population will be overjoyed after we liberate them! We'll be able to do peace-building in Helmand without a shot being fired!
Which doesn’t alter the fact that the earth has warming and cooling periods. I quite prepared to accept that man is responsible for SOME warming, but we are still emerging from an ice age which some suggest has lasted at least a hundred K years. Nor does it account for solar activity. Lastly if we have contributed, it has been through a profit oriented economic cycle, that every country has participated in. Strange isn’t it that at the very beginning in the 1850’s we entered a mini ice age noted by Dickins or others. Sea levels were considerably higher in the Roman period and the climate was warmer. Discount the gasses from Volcanic activity . We can of course sit in a cave in sack cloth and ashes for the next millennia, not daring to make anything or switch on electricity in case the world implodes, but then you would have literally nothing again. But the current hysteria will solve nothing other than returning the world to Luddism

Those who still worship Nigel Farage will have no idea why he has failed again. You can't build a party on foundations of hatred, bigotry, xenophobia, racism, ignorance and fear. Those kind of people have no loyalty and no clue. Sorry mongs but I told you so...

You lost me at this point... are you talking of the Brexit Winter* or of Climate Change?

* A bit like a Nuclear Winter but much much worse according to learned scientists Remainers
I’ve not heard of a Brexit winter but since it’s probably driven by climate change agenda which of course is wholly advocated by the EU given it’s propensity for launching rockets. But I think that’s what the greens are advocating with or Greta playing the Euro version of Joan of Arques.

Those who still worship Nigel Farage will have no idea why he has failed again. You can't build a party on foundations of hatred, bigotry, xenophobia, racism, ignorance and fear. Those kind of people have no loyalty and no clue. Sorry mongs but I told you so...
I realise I am wasting my time but Brexit isn't based on any of those things.
Though it is weird for a Holocaust denier to bring them up.

Toppet

War Hero
Well, a certain Austrian Corporal managed it for a few years.

You in 'spoons again ?

Someone up-thread stated that if we leave the EU we will experience a recession within a decade.

This is true.

However, if we remain in the EU we will experience a recession within a decade.

This is because recessions are irrelevant to being in a political block.

Recessions happen as part of the business cycle, and are inevitable. They need to be managed to ensure they are as short as possible and don't descend into a depression, but they are inevitable. They will happen regardless.

All this has happened before, all this will happen again.

Now the important part is whether we will be best placed to ensure the recession is as short as possible inside or outside the EU.

Given the EU is in financial dire-straits, it seems to me that the next EU recession has a very good chance of turining into a depression. The UK, because we will be able to change and adapt in good British style, will withstand it better outside the EU.

are you a Labour Party Member!

final solutions to certain issues and all that.....

Yeah, all that peer-reviewed research involving glacial retreat, Arctic and Antarctic sea ice coverage, atmospheric ppmCO2 measurement, sea temperature, ice core samples, oceanic acidity levels due to CO2 absorption...

If it's inconvenient and you don't want to think about it, easy! Just stick your fingers in your ears, pop open your Bible, read the bits that give you a warm fuzzy feeling, insist that it's "only 5000 questionnaires, it's a scam" and you too can assert that the facts don't matter, and ignore anything to the contrary.

In history, you'd have been the type of bloke insisting that we can give the Boche a kickng and the war will be over by Christmas! The Japanese were all weedy short-sighted types, they'll never invade Malaya, and anyway Singapore is impregnable, we could defend it for a century! The Germans are in full retreat, we should be able to grab those bridges across the Rhine, no bother! We gave the Egyptians a kicking six years ago, why not slack off for the holiday season! Of course Saddam has Weapons of Mass Destruction, and the population will be overjoyed after we liberate them! We'll be able to do peace-building in Helmand without a shot being fired!

You lost me at this point... are you talking of the Brexit Winter* or of Climate Change?

* A bit like a Nuclear Winter but much much worse according to learned scientists Remainers
Talking about 5 years after a Corbyn government.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads