Brexit - The Final

Oh dear, Little Leo, the EUs useful idiot, gets dry bummed by the EU

Ireland surrendered their competency to negotiate trade agreements to the EU. Is he really surprised by this? :rolleyes:

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Why not? Most of the subjects have been discussed already, to the nth degree. A period on WTO might just be enough to concentrate EU minds.
Because Johnson's oven-ready deal is not even half-baked and his election gamble has to succeed first.

Ireland surrendered their competency to negotiate trade agreements to the EU. Is he really surprised by this? :rolleyes:
alas, little Leo is a political child playing dolly dress up.
he really seemed to think he was an equal, not a minnow being used as baitfish.

Enda Kenny has some choice words about the eejit.
Kenny understands the rules of great game, bash the English but remember they are your closest friends.... Varadkar actually thinks he’s a ‘EUropean’.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Because Johnson's oven-ready deal is not even half-baked and his election gamble has to succeed first.
I can feel the desperate hope in your post but I think you are still in for a disappointment.

I'm delighted and excited that Boris the unelected buffoon is about to lie and joke his way into power with a majority. There can be no other way to expose the cynical criminals in his gang and their reckless planning. False promises, joke policies and their rowing boat called brexit full of holes. The county will be more divided than ever as the stupid and insane blame anyone except the people that they voted for. Absolutely fabulous...

Last edited:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I'm delighted and excited that Boris the unelected buffoon is about to lie and joke his way into power with a majority. There can be no other way to expose the cynical criminals in his gang and their reckless planning. False promises, joke policies and their rowing boat called brexit full of holes. The county will be more divided than every as the stupid and insane blame anyone except the people that they voted for. Absolutely fabulous...
Which county?

And it took them two years of knowing the plan, debating the plan, being briefed on the progress of the negotiations, and - in the case of Davis - leading the negotiations.
Dearie me.

The only 2 people who knew the plan and negotiated with the EU were May and Robbins

David Davis has spent just 4 hours in talks with Michel Barnier this year

I wont say that you are clueless, I will just say I have seen wiser chewin the cud.

I'm delighted and excited that Boris the unelected buffoon is about to lie and joke his way into power with a majority. There can be no other way to expose the cynical criminals in his gang and their reckless planning. False promises, joke policies and their rowing boat called brexit full of holes. The county will be more divided than every as the stupid and insane blame anyone except the people that they voted for. Absolutely fabulous...
well for an unelected buffoon you are doing well. But the script is almost Blairite and look how many eejits voted for him-three times.

ugly

LE
prevented the original WA from being voted into law? Remember, it JRM hadn't opposed it, we'd be out of the EU by now.
Only we would have been tied into the Eu at their will!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Only we would have been tied into the Eu at their will!
That would be the "sad remainers" of the ERG who prevented the original WA from being voted into law? Remember, it JRM hadn't opposed it, we'd be out of the EU by now.
I would just like to say, for the umpteenth time, that whatever comes out of the negotiations there will be bits people like and bits people don't like. Nobody is going to get exactly what they want - that is the very nature of negotiation.

This deal should go ahead as it is the framework for living with the EU once we have left in January 2020 - something that should have been done in January 2017 IMHO.

GB and Ugs can come on with their diametrically opposing POVs but both are equally valid and both will be part of the final agreement, although it will be hard to work out which bits are good and which aren't.

If life trading with the EU becomes too onerous then I suspect business will just move to non-EU countries over time. This will be the EU's loss.

Anyway, just over a week to go until the Christmas present and just three weeks to Christmas itself.

Truxx

LE
What's convenient about it? There was no coherent plan for Brexit. That's down to No.10, no matter which Conservative Prime Minister occupied it.

Parliament can only vote on what's put in front of them, and it took No.10 two years to deliver something that you yourself hated. And a change of PM to produce something that is functionally identical, except for leaving NI in the customs union.

Blaming it all on Theresa May isn't an excuse - if she didn't have the backing of Fox / Davis / Johnson, they should have resigned. But they didn't - so either they agreed with her plan, they were too incompetent to see the flaws, or they were too cowardly to resign. Please, pick one.
So what was the plan for remaining in?

Only I must have missed that.

alas, little Leo is a political child playing dolly dress up.
he really seemed to think he was an equal, not a minnow being used as baitfish.

Enda Kenny has some choice words about the eejit.
Kenny understands the rules of great game, bash the English but remember they are your closest friends.... Varadkar actually thinks he’s a ‘EUropean’.
All his hopes will turn to EUrine, but then he probably likes watersports

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
So what was the plan for remaining in?
That would be the current system. You know, the one that we're all working to, and the one that is going to be impossible to match in terms of UK-EU trading (except in the fever dreams of a few).

Single market, customs union, cross-border cooperation. EHIC cards, membership of ESA, EASA, no visa requirements, , etc, etc...

...and a new directive that will make it more difficult for super-rich individuals and corporations to hide their money in tax havens and avoid paying their fair share of taxes. Gosh, I wonder why so many billionaire newspaper owners and millionaire hedge-fund owners are convinced that the EU is a bad thing?

Last edited:

Latest Threads