Brexit - The Final

Pish.

There has been a Conservative Prime Minister since 2010.

This is the Parliament that followed the Government whip and did what it was told by No.10, to cut 20,000 police officers, peel back the probation service, and outsource stuff incompetently to the private sector. Remember "F**k business"? New runway at Heathrow (Boris' promise to lie down in front of the bulldozers went the same way as his promise to die in a ditch)? £1.5billion to buy off the DUP for 18 months before stabbing them in the back? Well north of £100million on adverts for something that didn't happen, for ferry contracts to firms who didn't actually have any ferries?

Suddenly, it's all Parliament's fault - it's almost as if there's a General Election going on, and the politicians who were in charge are lying their f***ing heads off to avoid blame. Strange, that. If you want to point a finger, point it at No.10 Downing Street, and its inhabitants for the last decade.

And no, I don't f***ing vote for Corbyn, the terrorist groupie. But it's a sad day when a tw*t like him is more trustworthy, and tells fewer lies, than the leader of the Conservative Party.
Again no mention of 25,ooo staff cuts on borders by Labour, no mention of replacements for them. . Wriggle away.

Again no mention of 25,ooo staff cuts on borders by Labour, no mention of replacements for them. . Wriggle away.
Who's wriggling? (I'd note that it was one of those awful uncontrolled Eastern European immigrants who was taking stabs while defending British citizens with a narwhal tusk).

I'm just pointing out that Parliaments follow what the Government Whip says (whether Conservative or Labour); so for you, or a Cabinet Minister seeking reelection, to blame Parliament for immigration policy, or early releases; displays either a lack of comprehension or of honesty. Your call.

Pish.

This is the Parliament that followed the Government whip and did what it was told by No.10, to cut 20,000 police officers, peel back the probation service, and outsource stuff incompetently to the private sector. Remember "F**k business"? New runway at Heathrow (Boris' promise to lie down in front of the bulldozers went the same way as his promise to die in a ditch)? £1.5billion to buy off the DUP for 18 months before stabbing them in the back? Well north of £100million on adverts for something that didn't happen, for ferry contracts to firms who didn't actually have any ferries?

Suddenly, it's all Parliament's fault - it's almost as if there's a General Election going on, and the politicians who were in charge are lying their f***ing heads off to avoid blame. Strange, that. If you want to point a finger, point it at No.10 Downing Street, and its inhabitants for the last decade.

And no, I don't f***ing vote for Corbyn, the terrorist groupie. But it's a sad day when a tw*t like him is more trustworthy, and tells fewer lies, than the leader of the Conservative Party.
It's all quite exiting, isn't it?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Who's wriggling? (I'd note that it was one of those awful uncontrolled Eastern European immigrants who was taking stabs while defending British citizens with a narwhal tusk).

I'm just pointing out that Parliaments follow what the Government Whip says (whether Conservative or Labour); so for you, or a Cabinet Minister seeking reelection, to blame Parliament for immigration policy, or early releases; displays either a lack of comprehension or of honesty. Your call.
The last parliament didn't - which is why we are in such a muddle over brexit!

Pish.

The biggest lie is when Labour and many others said they'd respect the referendum result, and then done everything in their power to subvert it.

This undermines British democracy and sticks two fingers up to 17.4 million voters, many of whom were disenfranchised and voted for the first time in their miserable lives.

And Corbyn isn't 'more trustworthy'; he's a life long Eurosceptic who dislikes the principle of second referendums and 'being asked again'. Yet he's abandoned all that in the pursuit of power.

Not really, unless you're saying that no person other than an eastern European migrant would have taken that implement or any other off the wall, and that is preposterous. the Fact that he did is a matter of fact, but it's not preordained. Frankly the Fire extinguisher did more good. Nor am I imputing he is not a brave man. Those factors are irrelevant to the argument.
(1) Why was security not better at Fishmonger's hall, how the hell did he get in with a knife.
(2) Your not- you are wriggling. The fact that on the one hand Bravo says the Law must be obeyed and on the other justifies it's misuse for political purposes-the point I was making are two entirely different things. Parliament is to blame for immigration Policy, because it's the organ responsible for fixing the broad terms that form the legal framework.

It matters not if a Law is extant for 10, 20, 30 or even one hundred years, it is Parliament that have approved it until it's repealed. The Political parties presentation to Parliament does not make it law until Parliament assents. This means that for Political parties to deny authorship of something just because they are no longer in Power is ridiculous. It just so happens that the Minister in charge of any department takes the flak. And here I suspect we agree, that a failure like this bespeaks the fact that Ministers-won't change anything until the proverbial hit the flat rotating disc, by which time it's too late.

Now I am on record as stating that the vast majority of terrorist legislation needs to be done away with as it doubles up on existing and pre-existing legislation. If you're in doubt just take a quick look at Moriarties 1974. which was the Police guide in my day. The failure comes because the release issue for Terrorism is entirely subjective. Do people change their beliefs? 50-50 probably 60-40. In matters which inform the motivation for or direction for crime, not the actual crime itself-how the hell do you reliably tell when or if a person is rehabilitated.?
The answer is it can't be done. Are the other 74 a risk, Yes,will they reoffend? Possibly.

The last parliament didn't - which is why we are in such a muddle over brexit!
...and again, look to No.10 Downing Street for the source of the muddle.

A plan of "have cake and eat it" (because that's what the Leave campaign promised) or "Brexit means Brexit" isn't a plan. Trying to wish away inconvenient things like land borders (shut up, we'll use magic! technology!), isn't a plan. "How dare Parliament tell the Emperor that he has no clothes! I know, let's prorogue it and lie to HM The Queen!" isn't a plan. Certainly not a clever one.

Doing the sensible thing and tweaking the existing WA by selling out the DUP, but changing nothing else, isn't proof of negotiating genius - it's the obvious answer that I pointed out 15,000 posts ago...

Parliament exists to make sure that the King's power is held in check. When the King does something that looks great when you put it on the side of a bus, but f***ing stupid when you actually look at the details, then it's Parliament's job to say "show again plan, not so f***ing stupid", then take the kicking at the polls.

ugly

LE
Gravel the bus has sfa to do with our elected representatives ignoring our wishes, hence the need to replace them which is what’s going on now

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

A plan of "have cake and eat it" (because that's what the Leave campaign promised) or "Brexit means Brexit" isn't a plan. Trying to wish away inconvenient things like land borders (shut up, we'll use magic! technology!), isn't a plan. "How dare Parliament tell the Emperor that he has no clothes! I know, let's prorogue it and lie to HM The Queen!" isn't a plan. Certainly not a clever one.

Doing the sensible thing and tweaking the existing WA by selling out the DUP, but changing nothing else, isn't proof of negotiating genius - it's the obvious answer that I pointed out 15,000 posts ago...

Parliament exists to make sure that the King's power is held in check. When the King does something that looks great when you put it on the side of a bus, but f***ing stupid when you actually look at the details, then it's Parliament's job to say "show again plan, not so f***ing stupid", then take the kicking at the polls.
No I won't look to No10. I will look to the likes of Cooper and Benn who don't have the courage to stand up to their own front bench and leadership but were quite happy to disrupt parliament over a vote they did not like the result of.
I look to the Tory traitors Clarke, Letwin and others who refused the government whip you seem to think so powerful and all encompassing.

On top of this and worst of all I look to the former Speaker who usurped his role and threw neutrality out of the Commons and allowed parliament to dissolve into mayhem.

It is convenient for you to blame No10 but their only fault was to have an incompetent PM in place.

You are clueless mate and I think you are close to a breakdown.
"King, No10, The Bus, Emperor"
Look, you lost the referendum. Accept it and move on and stop behaving like a baby losing its dummy, you're starting to sound like @Higgs_bosun

View attachment 434549

The guy who booked Nish Kumar for the event needs to do some explaining.

It's no secret that Kumar is a sneery, politically slanted knobhead. The only audiences that find him and his kind funny are the people content to exist in their own echo chamber and who like the kind of comedians who will reinforce their narrow outlook. The stock in trade of him and his kind is the the relentless ridiculing and belittling of those with whom he disagrees.

Why would you book him for an event like the Lord’s Taverners gig and expect him to be warmly received?

The guy who booked Nish Kumar for the event needs to do some explaining.

It's no secret that Kumar is a sneery, politically slanted knobhead. The only audiences that find him and his kind funny are the people content to exist in their own echo chamber and who like the kind of comedians who will reinforce their narrow outlook. The stock in trade of him and his kind is the the relentless ridiculing and belittling of those with whom he disagrees.

Why would you book him for an event like the Lord’s Taverners gig and expect him to be warmly received?
The twitter responses were hilarious........funnier than his act.
The booing started at 2 minutes in, apparently and he started shouting at the audience that he wasn't getting off because that is what they wanted. He also accused them of being racist.

You are clueless mate and I think you are close to a breakdown.
"King, No10, The Bus, Emperor"
Keep shouting at the pigeons.

Look, you lost the referendum. Accept it and move on and stop behaving like a baby losing its dummy, you're starting to sound like @Higgs_bosun
And as I've said multiple times before, I accept the result. I don't like it, but that's democracy. There was nothing on the ballot paper saying either "soft Brexit, Norway option" or "crash out on WTO terms" - the obvious answer is something that protects our economy, as much as possible.

What I disagree with is a bunch of extremists trying to bounce us into a no-deal Brexit, because they win even if the economy tanks (by a short-term cash-in on a falling market, then a quick move of their money offshore).

"F*** business", remember? Except, that's all our jobs.

No I won't look to No10... It is convenient for you to blame No10 but their only fault was to have an incompetent PM in place.
What's convenient about it? There was no coherent plan for Brexit. That's down to No.10, no matter which Conservative Prime Minister occupied it.

Parliament can only vote on what's put in front of them, and it took No.10 two years to deliver something that you yourself hated. And a change of PM to produce something that is functionally identical, except for leaving NI in the customs union.

Blaming it all on Theresa May isn't an excuse - if she didn't have the backing of Fox / Davis / Johnson, they should have resigned. But they didn't - so either they agreed with her plan, they were too incompetent to see the flaws, or they were too cowardly to resign. Please, pick one.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
What's convenient about it? There was no coherent plan for Brexit. That's down to No.10, no matter which Conservative Prime Minister occupied it.

Parliament can only vote on what's put in front of them, and it took No.10 two years to deliver something that you yourself hated. And a change of PM to produce something that is functionally identical, except for leaving NI in the customs union.

Blaming it all on Theresa May isn't an excuse - if she didn't have the backing of Fox / Davis / Johnson, they should have resigned. But they didn't - so either they agreed with her plan, they were too incompetent to see the flaws, or they were too cowardly to resign. Please, pick one.
Careful that corkscrew you are winding yourself into doesn't have you disappearing up your own arrse.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Keep shouting at the pigeons.

And as I've said multiple times before, I accept the result. I don't like it, but that's democracy. There was nothing on the ballot paper saying either "soft Brexit, Norway option" or "crash out on WTO terms" - the obvious answer is something that protects our economy, as much as possible.

What I disagree with is a bunch of extremists trying to bounce us into a no-deal Brexit, because they win even if the economy tanks (by a short-term cash-in on a falling market, then a quick move of their money offshore).

"F*** business", remember? Except, that's all our jobs.
Like the other Remainers, you have a very strange way of showing that you accept the result.

Had these sad Remainers actually backed the result the occupant of No 10 would have been able to negotiate with the EU without being hamstring by the fifth column.

There is no way you or history can or will lay all the blame on No10. Remainers have cost this country £billions, both now and in the years to come.

Latest Threads