Brexit - The Final

Traditionally it was France and Germany (or the German precursor states such as Prussia). There are other multiple examples, obviously, such as Spain, the Dutch Netherlands, Austria, Bavaria, Hesse, Denmark, Sweden, Poland, Lithuania, but I wouldn't wish to spoil your argument too much.
...or even Britain and France, but we won't go there will we?

Boy are you really scraping the barrel for this argument. There is nothing to show that the EU have/were/are the means that has stopped conflict in Europe.
Apart from the rather inconvenient (for some) fact that there has been no widespread conflict in Europe since 1945, of course.

Grr.

This is just for you @Bravo_Bravo and only you.

Today: I attended our local Remembrance Sunday. Nothing special. I rocked up with poppy on my coat and my hat on so I could show proper respect during the 2 minutes and the National Anthem -- I don't do the beret, blazer and bling; wouldn't know where my dangler is and don't care either.

Beautiful sunny, cloudless sky, not a breath of wind which meant the Union flag sadly limp atop the Town Hall. I'm behind the berets that don't do the march past but do do the piss-take of the civvies like the St Johns and the cadets, scouts and school kids. Alas and alack but it's a free cuntry, init.

Any roads, a little lass, maybe 10 years younger than me, very early 50s, I suppose, makes her way past me to a small gap between the blazers; she's carrying a couple of the poppy crosses, they'd been inscribed but I could only read the top one as she'd turned slightly. It was dedicated to a young Tom (not going to name the name and don't fceking ask!) born 1988, died 2010, signed from your loving mum.... I thought I recognised the name but couldn't think from where as he'd have been too young for me to have taught when I was at a local school. I then noticed she was wearing a couple of danglers on her right breast, which really choked me up as I then realised the cross belonged to her, I spent a couple of moments looking at the sky. while doing so I remembered why I knew the lad's name, besides making the local press, his name is on the War Memorial. St Helens is a town where every one of its fallen sons is permanently remembered so.

You're a shower, @Bravo_Bravo, of smug, self-satisfied, self-righteous self-serving. You belittle those that have served, you have profited from supposedly serving alongside those who really served, you and your posts make a mockery of that young man, only 22 years of age when he was killed on active service in Afghanistan.

The things that really struck me though were she was on her own, how quiet, calm and collected she was: dignity personified; how she was stood in the crowd and not among the "dignitaries" as they laid they wreaths in the order dictated to by Debretts no doubt. She should have been among them. I looked across at the RBL contingent and wondered why no one from that organisation was with her which caused me to think some very, very rude words.

After the wreaths and the march past, I offered her my condolences and exited quickly before it became very, very dusty, which would have been unseemly and unlikely on such a still day.

I would hope, though I'm fooling myself, that you'll reflect upon the contents of this post and that you'll heed this similar advice I offered to the crusty one: delete your site ID and all your socks; leave the site alone for a few weeks and then come back with a different and more respectful attitude -- and never again taunt another poster with "Thank you for your service." You've not earned the right to say or write that until you genuinely mean it.

To everyone else: I apologise for going off-piste so to speak but I'm feeling a little angry at this lass being left alone at the ceremony, and especially at the look-at-mes who make Remembrance Day appear to be more about them than those we've lost and those who loved them who are still around.

To @Bravo_Bravo: do the right thing and start afresh.

Edit to correct a typo
Apologies, bit of a real world issue with GFs daughter, hope to give an appropriate reply tomorrow..

You really can’t help yourself can you?

Is this the same caubeen whose obituary was published elsewhere in a hunting magazine. That caubeen?
And quite ironic given the puffing up he's applied to his "tenured lecturer" status.

It's not as if his actual appointment isn't without merit, but he does exhibit a Caubeen-like compulsion to embellish it for some reason.

Apart from the rather inconvenient (for some) fact that there has been no widespread conflict in Europe since 1945, of course.

Grr.
You may have a point here, but in my opinion you ignore some facts. If I remember correct we had the Cold War, the Uprisings in Easter Germany, Czechoslovakia and Poland, we had various Soviet sponsored Terrorist Groups like the RAF, civil wars in the Balkans and last but not least the one in Ukraine. Not all of them "widespread" but not too shabby either.

Grr.
Yes it is rather inconvenient, because there has been no capability for one.
Let me give you an analogy, the fact that someone's house has not flooded does not mean that flooding has been prevented.
Grr back

Yes it is rather inconvenient, because there has been no capability for one.
Let me give you an analogy, the fact that someone's house has not flooded does not mean that flooding has been prevented.
Grr back
No capability to wage a devastating war?

Sure.