Brexit - The Final

The_Gremlin

Old-Salt
Good for you.
Maybe this was a result of less KGB infiltration of NATO military, in the post Philby era?

Truxx

LE
You may be right about the submarines.
But that does not explain the fact that the younger generation were against communism, whilst the older generation had more to lose.
That's the general point I was making.
And bearing in mind what I just said that makes the point you made (yoof brought down the Berlin Wall) bollox.

The idle little buggers didn't even clear up afterwards (62 Sqn played a prominent roll in that)

Truxx

LE
Good for you.
Maybe this was a result of less KGB infiltration of NATO military, in the post Philby era?
No it was simply a case of the US military superpower really going for it in a post star-wars declaration era (how do you stop missiles raining down on Arizona? Kill the boomers.)

The_Gremlin

Old-Salt
No it was simply a case of the US military superpower really going for it in a post star-wars declaration era (how do you stop missiles raining down on Arizona? Kill the boomers.)
It's all very well inventing the best equipment.
But if your top brass are busy sending all the details to your opponents, then all you're really doing is putting in the hard work for a marginal head start.

A bit like the IP issues with China / USA today...

Truxx

LE
It's all very well inventing the best equipment.
But if your top brass are busy sending all the details to your opponents, then all you're really doing is putting in the hard work for a marginal head start.

A bit like the IP issues with China / USA today...
The only relevant details passed to the opponents in this case was:

"we know where all the Typhoons are and have a brace of SSNs with doors open, firing solutions logged, marking every one all the time"

If that is a "marginal head start" then I will take that every time.

The_Gremlin

Old-Salt
The only relevant details passed to the opponents in this case was:

"we know where all the Typhoons are and have a brace of SSNs with doors open, firing solutions logged, marking every one all the time"

If that is a "marginal head start" then I will take that every time.
Well there's a bit of jargon in your post.
But you seem to be saying that the KGB did not get hold of important details in this case.

You may be right about the submarines.
But that does not explain the fact that the younger generation were against communism, whilst the older generation had more to lose.
That's the general point I was making.
If you want to make general points then dont make uneducated, unsubstantiated assertions. Otherwise you'll come across as too dull to understand the difference.

If you want to make general points then dont make uneducated, unsubstantiated assertions. Otherwise you'll come across as too dull to understand the difference.
He is too dull to understand anything.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Brexit will not happen, because the political direction usually changes in favour of the younger generation.
The younger generation brought down the Berlin Wall 30 years ago.
The younger generation will stop Brexit.
I admire your optimism, but I doubt it. If Johnson wins this one, we’re into the transition period, which he thinks we can wrap up in a year. Having promised his ERG wingnuts that he could.

He can’t.
We’ll still be in the Eu this time next year. I thought one of the posters ideas on waiting until the old brexiters finally kick the bucket was a tad rough.
Now I’m coming round to the idea.

But you seem to be saying that the KGB did not get hold of important details in this case.
I'm 50/50 if you're one of the usual suspects socks or yet another tedious russian troll.

Either way you're a cnut.

I admire your optimism, but I doubt it. If Johnson wins this one, we’re into the transition period, which he thinks we can wrap up in a year. Having promised his ERG wingnuts that he could.

He can’t.
We’ll still be in the Eu this time next year. I thought one of the posters ideas on waiting until the old brexiters finally kick the bucket was a tad rough.
The Conservatives will win and we will leave the EU.

That was decided the minute Corbyn agreed to this General Election.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer

Corbyn........ that’s what makes getting to Dec 13th such fun. Usually I can call these things without too much bother, but this is a rare one.
If the Conservatives win the election we stay where we are and go into more talks, we’re going nowhere very slowly.

I was asked this afternoon about North Belfast, that’s apparently on a knife edge and it’s the DUP and attendant paramilitaries to lose. Their involvement could have been a really stupid move. Cf when Robinson lost East Belfast to Aliiance.

But we’ll see, this is nowhere near finished and anyone who thinks it is isn’t paying attention.
And Corbyn may well be as daft as he’s painted, but those around him aren’t.

I actually understood it, hurrah for me.
But I find sundodger stuff fascinating.

Them getting hold of those details would be very useful...

And niked as soon as TBP decided to fight for Brexit...

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
I see David Gauke has also jumped ship.

It's a curious thought that the pollsters can extrapolate a small sample of the electorate to determine demographics, but it's quite another for us to expect Mr G Reaper to make his selection on the basis of voting habits.

Old people will of course expire, but those pinning their hopes on that bringing political advantage will have my deepest sympathy when their own elderly Kith and kin succum to deaths cold embrace.

Do some still believe that us old fogeys didn't vote to remain?

Latest Threads