Brexit - The Final

Well, the fat lady has not yet sung.

So the only stupid person would be you, who thinks that they can see into the future and believe that No Deal will not happen.
You believe it will?
Seriously??

Accept what ?

What do you see happening. The republican community had by 2016 given up on any thought of a United Ireland. It had stopped being mentioned in public. The armed struggle was all about catholic rights (achieved by the mid 70s) emancipation, also done and dusted earlier.

The armed struggle was a failure, demonstrably so. The political experiment may well have hit its high point. The shinners having to openly recruit and rely on the left, disaffected and hipster vote (those ignored by the DUP). They even lost one or two of their own embracing the pro abortion side of things while determinedly attempting not to.

The straight unionist vote (ie non DUP) has dissapeared. They won’t vote DUP and they won’t vote for a United Ireland.

Threatening everyone with the ********* back on the streets, what’s that going to do..?

Who does that help except remind everyone, how little good that does. Ardoyne, Drumcree, the flag protests, the Anglo Irish agreement, name a loyalist street protest which achieved anything worthwhile.

Brexit and the DUP have returned a United ireland front and centre.
Why would Varadker want to drive an agenda. The south surrendered articles 1 and 2. They renounced any claim on NI.
The GFA solved the Irish problem
Brexit returned it. That’s why Europe are so unimpressed.
It'll not be a street protest though. It'll be a complete renounciation of the Loyalist ceasefire.
I was down at the Conn club the other night, everyone I grew up with, that had some sense of the troubles, was singing off the same hymn sheet..**** the Good Friday Agreement, **** Dublin and **** the Provo's.

Well, the fat lady has not yet sung.

So the only stupid person would be you, who thinks that they can see into the future and believe that No Deal will not happen.
Err... and you call me retarded?
Your reputation as a gobby simpleton is well earned.

08D552B3-C823-498D-B8AF-230FE335EA3F.jpeg

Boris has no option but to pull the deal last night.

Dominic Grieves Legion D’Honnouer intended to tack on a referendum ammendment that would have effectively killed off Brexit.

Hi retard

I know you are retarded, but please point out where I said that I believed a no deal Brexit would happen.

When you cannot do that, kindly f**k off back under your bridge.

Many thanks
Quoted to stop you deleting it when you realise you've piled in.
Keep it up, champ.

Last edited:
Nah, nobody is fooled.

Labour will wear this one, whether it is before Christmas or in 2022.

Standby for them pulling a flanker and "electing" a new leader to take them into the next GE.
Shit sticks, even a new face in the chair cannot change the dynamics at this point. They have dug their own grave.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Boris has no option but to pull the deal last night.

Dominic Grieves Legion D’Honnouer intended time tack on a referendum ammendment that would have effectively killed off Brexit.
He will do so next time the Bill returns, and will get a lot of support from the 'I respect the EU referendum result' Labour MPs like Starmer and Thornberry whose task is to delay, confuse, alter but most importantly overturn Art 50 and the EU result. They are lying scum.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
A referendum is becoming more appealing to the opposition the longer this BS goes on. They can then swerve any blame for Brexit being cancelled as the "People" have spoken.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Until they get the "wrong result" again.

I agree with everything apart from the last sentence. Macron will approve the extension, none of the 27 will veto it as they don't want to be blamed for No Deal, plus they're still getting our cash. There'll be a lot of gnashing of teeth but it will all be part of the act.

The longer the delay, the more chance Brexit will get binned. Watch the opposition use every excuse in the book not to allow a GE.
A referendum is becoming more appealing to the opposition the longer this BS goes on. They can then swerve any blame for Brexit being cancelled as the "People" have spoken.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Valid point until you remember that Macron said he would veto an extension unless it were for an election or another referendum. If the opposition won't give Boris a GE. Jezza's only alternative is to demand a referendum and I can't see him winning that. I can see a week's extension given that most of the papers have been available for some time. I could even envisage an agreement to delay signing the deal for a few weeks but that Britain will leave on the 31st. But I can also see some fairly quick legislation that would hedge Parliament's powers in the future, not dissimilar from the parliament act 1911.
Besides an interesting aside is that on the 31st the EU is no longer the same animal as Junker goes......

sumo2

Old-Salt
Don't forget Dear Oliver Letwin and his minor amendment, or Dominic Grieve and his noble stand against the machinations of the hated ERG and Boris 'he will never get a deal' Johnson.... The media also keep referring to Parliament versus Boris, when in point of fact almost half of parliament supported him. The media are overplaying their remainer hand big style and Nicky Morgan should be looking to save her comments about ditching the licence fee for a future bill.
are you referring to the not bitter and twisted sacked conservatives, whom appear to be not running in the next election, was that before or after they were sacked?

Tool

LE
This thread moves along at a rapid pace, take your eye off the ball and a dozen pages will go by. Now if this has already been posted I apologise but it has become clear that the standards of ARRSErs are falling because, whatever side of the debate you are on, one of the most important things to discuss has been neglected. That is, who is that little blonde clerk in the HoC? May I, in the absence of any evidence to persuade me otherwise, be the first to say 'I would'.
On topic(ish) - there's also a rather pleasant-looking blonde in the EU, whose job appears to be meet-and-greet and general "you go there" type stuff. She's always in the background when Bojo is in Brussels and is filmed going into one of the buildings.

And back to the slating/praising/damning politicians on all sides of the divide.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Shit sticks, even a new face in the chair cannot change the dynamics at this point. They have dug their own grave.
Labour are in too bad a state to elect a new leader. They have more factions now than ever. There are anti brexit MPs who want to completely overturn Art 50, then there are those that want to respect the referendum and leave the EU, and am8g that are the 'herd' who follow the loudest shouter.

Once that has been sorted they then have Momentum supporters, anti Momentum MPs, extremely anti Momentum MPs.

Once that is sorted there is the small mater of the Unions who sponsor many MPs but are rapidly being sidelined by Momentum.

And those are the factions that we publicly know about.

On top of all this there are the really thick Labour MPs who think, totally incorrectly, that they are quite intelligent like Abbott, Lanny, Phillips and who are perfectly capable of f*cking up ant Labour internal politics and not even realise the damage they are doing.

And there are people who think this Party could run the country!

Seconds after the defeat last night, the labour back benches were making digging actions at the tories and the SNP were acting as if the tories are in cahoots with fascists. At the weekend, outside of Parliament, lots of people were giving the MPs high fives...…They are simply way too busy enjoying the giddy heights of pushing around governments, winding up the tories and getting so much attention, to even care how it looks further afield and what its doing to our economy.

From my seat and talking to other people of different political persuasions. I am actually shocked at the levels of disgust directed at parliament.. Its unsure to me, how that will pan out over the next month or so, how many of those will abstain, or switch to Boris as the only candidate actually trying to move this stalemate forward will be very interesting.

No GE and a third referendum, will not go down at all well with the public. In a sense, another referendum after the GE might fly, but before I fear for our democracy.
I dont believe we have a democracy. Lisbon and Blair finished it.

Latest Threads