Brexit - The Final

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
A case of shooting one's own foot & being Lord Pannicks puppet.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
He is a bit late to start pannicking now!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Oliver Letwin tweeted "Getting seriously worried that HMG will pull Bill if Programme Motion is defeated. " but if he as every other Remainer seems to think,Boris is a compulsive liar, they they should know that he won't and was only telling porkies.

Somehow I am beginning to think BoJo's detractors are starting to lose their disrespect for him and are genuinely frit.

No idea, and it doesn't affect my fundamental point.
Oh, but it does.
The EU is one trading bloc. Post Brexit, the UK will not have to / be able to negotiate individual agreements with each MS.
In much the same way I have read ill-informed / ignorant comments from people who believe they will have to get visas for each MS when they travel to mainland Europe post Brexit.
They, too, fail to comprehend the nature of the EU.
From the UK, say Dover, you only have to show your passport and complete Customs’ procedures once on entry to the EU : after that you’re free to roam until you cross into another non-EU country, eg Switzerland .
Your comment would only make any sense if the Mini engine components cross numerous non-EU MS borders.

Bravo_Bravo

On ROPS
On ROPs
Right.

We should all put our joint majority choice on hold to allow free flow of crankshafts should we?

Get a f*cking grip.
You can't understand the pertinence of my post?

Meh.

Bravo_Bravo

On ROPS
On ROPs
Oh, but it does.
The EU is one trading bloc. Post Brexit, the UK will not have to / be able to negotiate individual agreements with each MS.
In much the same way I have read ill-informed / ignorant comments from people who believe they will have to get visas for each MS when they travel to mainland Europe post Brexit.
They, too, fail to comprehend the nature of the EU.
From the UK, say Dover, you only have to show your passport and complete Customs’ procedures once on entry to the EU : after that you’re free to roam until you cross into another non-EU country, eg Switzerland .
Your comment would only make any sense if the Mini engine components cross numerous non-EU MS borders.
Another one that doesn't understand (or maybe hasn't read?) the article.

It even has a picture to clarify the matter.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The UK have offered a sum reported tonight as £34billion for a deal. Why don't we offer the EU £35billion for no deal? We would recoup that £1bill very quickly!

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
The UK have offered a sum reported tonight as £34billion for a deal. Why don't we offer the EU £35billion for no deal? We would recoup that £1bill very quickly!
The sum goes down each month as we pay our subs.

Oliver Letwin tweeted "Getting seriously worried that HMG will pull Bill if Programme Motion is defeated. " but if he as every other Remainer seems to think,Boris is a compulsive liar, they they should know that he won't and was only telling porkies.

Somehow I am beginning to think BoJo's detractors are starting to lose their disrespect for him and are genuinely frit.
Letwin is the equivalent of a General Hotzendorf(Austria)... Plans are splendid sir, postivitely brilliant. Until they come up against an enemy who has a say in things as well.

Boris is clearly more Clausewitz and Sun Tzu. He's proven to be very flexible when friction kicks off around him.

A about a month ago I bumped into JRM whilst he was on a day out with his family, I spoke to him and he assured me that we will be out on the 31st Oct 2019, he did not caveat that with it all depends what happens in Parliament. He categorically stated that we will be out.

If we are not out on the 31st Oct then my vote goes to Brexit Party and I expect that I will not be the only one - and thus the potential for a split vote for the Conservatives, not plain sailing as you seem to suggest

As a side issue, months maybe year or so ago there was going to be a putsch to get rid of Bercow, at the time JRM backed Bercow saying her had been a good Speaker and was a reformer and a good ouef, my how times change.

A pox on all their houses

Archie
Needless to say, if we don't leave on the 31st, TBP will be getting my vote at the next GE. I don't give a **** if it means Corbyn gets in - if the Conservatives **** this up, they need to die as a party.

Truxx

LE
You can't understand the pertinence of my post?

Meh.
As I am in the automotive engineering business I understand it probably far better than you.

The movement of items and sub assemblies happens because it can, not because that is a good way of doing it. In fact in the current climate (if you see what I mean) it is rapidly falling out of favour due to environmental concerns.

Last edited:
Another one that doesn't understand (or maybe hasn't read?) the article.

It even has a picture to clarify the matter.

I’ll admit I hadn’t re-read the Guardian article from March 2017.
However, since 1995, I have known about, and written on here, about the ‘in and out’ shenanigans relating to production in Europe and the import/export payments for each movement paid by a benevolent Brussels - aka the taxpayers of MS.
Delays to JIT are routinely, and can continue to be, mitigated by competent planning.
Your so-called ‘fundamental’ point is negated by the single bloc EU.

My plan would be to send a bill for our surplus contributions for the time of our membership. Along with a request for the whole of the EU bureaucracy to eat a bag of dicks.

As I am in the automotive engineering business I understand it probably far better then you.

The movement of items and sub assemblies happens because it can, not because that is a good way of doing it. In fact in the current climate (if you see what I mean) it is rapidly falling out of favour due to environmental concerns.
Sweeping the forecourt of an Asda petrol station is a stretch to automotive engineering business :-D

Latest Threads