Brexit - The Final

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
They can be changed, as I've already explained.
Maybe you have explained what might happen in the future, I was pointing out what had happened. As you know!

This one has been done to death. It was clearly stated that the results would be respected. Not only that but we had a GE where the Labour and Tory parties both stood on manifestos that stated they would honour the results. We also had a parliamentary vote on it which was passed.
But it was non binding.

Poor BB, here let me help.

Dickensianesque means in the style of Charles Dickens.

Extended metaphor means a metaphor that contains similar or allied themes throughout a long piece of writing, see page one of Hard Times for one of his finest.

Writing is universally agreed upon marks on, for example, a page, stone, wall, tree trunk, that conveys meaning to people who read.

Bravo Bravo means someone who gets a call up notification and does a blue funk runner: a bullsh1tter in green: a Walt with a MOD 90: a cowardly tw*t.

HTH
Penis.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The PsoO this afternoon were quite specific and eliciting exact answers from the Speaker on his position.

I would not be in the least surprised that some form of Bill arrives soon and what I could see happening is May's WA returned to parliament but amended by Boris's deal. Something along those lines.

JRM is apparently due to get on his hind legs and announce the business for the House and that Boris's bill is being laid before parliament tomorrow for second reading.

It would probably mean the Trump would get his wall.

And get the Scotch to pay for it.
Will Trump pay the 25% tariff he has just pushed through, or get it in Scotland?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
@loggerheads would be a good, new, name for @Bravo_Bravo, for obvious reasons ;-)
You could tell @BB that the sky was blue and he'd spend 30 pages telling you it was black.
Well he would be partially correct as beyond the atmosphere space is somewhat dark. ;)

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
MPs have successfully managed to block any and every attempt at a deal, therefore we're at the default A50 state of leaving in 10 days time without one. Is that correct or have I missed something?
The game changer was BoJo coming back from the EU with a deal. That cut the ground under the Remain camp's feet - hitherto they'd been claiming they only wanted to block a do-deal Brexit. Now they have little option but to block BoJo's Brexit deal in a last desperate attempt to keep us in the EU.

But the attempts to block Brexit are becoming increasingly blatant - and will not play well with BoJo's electorate; Tory party + TBP voters, together with lukewarm Remain supporters getting fed up with parliaments attempts to block Brexit. The Tory vote has recovered from the nadir of the European elections and is now consistently in the mid to high thirties; enough to win a GE providing Farage isn't stupid enough to put up a full slate of candidates in the GE and split the Tory vote.

BoJo looks happy to run the clock down. He'll either get his deal through at the last minute to prevent a no deal Brexit, leave with a no deal Brexit courtesy of the European Withdrawal Act, or force the opposition to amend the European Withdrawal Act - which is tantamount to Labour committing political suicide.

The status quo suits BoJo - because Brexit happens by default on the 31st, he'll be happy to see the opposition being forced into ever more blatant attempts to stop Brexit. That'll lead to a GE and a 'people v parliament' GE. Which BoJo is favourite to win.

Wordsmith

The game changer was BoJo coming back from the EU with a deal. That cut the ground under the Remain camp's feet - hitherto they'd been claiming they only wanted to block a do-deal Brexit. Now they have little option but to block BoJo's Brexit deal in a last desperate attempt to keep us in the EU.

But the attempts to block Brexit are becoming increasingly blatant - and will not play well with BoJo's electorate; Tory party + TBP voters, together with lukewarm Remain supporters getting fed up with parliaments attempts to block Brexit. The Tory vote has recovered from the nadir of the European elections and is now consistently in the mid to high thirties; enough to win a GE providing Farage isn't stupid enough to put up a full slate of candidates in the GE and split the Tory vote.

BoJo looks happy to run the clock down. He'll either get his deal through at the last minute to prevent a no deal Brexit, leave with a no deal Brexit courtesy of the European Withdrawal Act, or force the opposition to amend the European Withdrawal Act - which is tantamount to Labour committing political suicide.

The status quo suits BoJo - because Brexit happens by default on the 31st, he'll be happy to see the opposition being forced into ever more blatant attempts to stop Brexit. That'll lead to a GE and a 'people v parliament' GE. Which BoJo is favourite to win.

Wordsmith
Largely agree, but as I noted to Scaley on t'other thread, it will still depend to an extent on whether Brussels is prepared to stop up the remaining rabbit hole...

Well he would be partially correct as beyond the atmosphere space is somewhat dark. ;)
He would be right approximately half the time, unless he gets too close to the North or South Pole.

Last edited:

Latest Threads