Brexit - The Final

Bercow starting to get it with both barrels from the back benches, on both sides.
Must be awkward for him, he's more used to watching Sally getting it from both barrels

Bravado_Bravado

On ROPS
On ROPs
The referendum was advisory, not binding.
It is that simple.
This one has been done to death. It was clearly stated that the results would be respected. Not only that but we had a GE where the Labour and Tory parties both stood on manifestos that stated they would honour the results. We also had a parliamentary vote on it which was passed.

Have a like for your Dickensianesque extended metaphor.

Now fcek off, I do the purple prose in this thread! :D
Poor BB, here let me help.

Dickensianesque means in the style of Charles Dickens.

Extended metaphor means a metaphor that contains similar or allied themes throughout a long piece of writing, see page one of Hard Times for one of his finest.

Writing is universally agreed upon marks on, for example, a page, stone, wall, tree trunk, that conveys meaning to people who read.

Bravo Bravo means someone who gets a call up notification and does a blue funk runner: a bullsh1tter in green: a Walt with a MOD 90: a cowardly tw*t.

HTH

UK referenda are non-binding. Them's the rules (unless the legislation says otherwise, viz the AV referendum). I struggle to understand why you don't know that fact.
Would an act that was voted for by 498 to 114 be binding?

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
I take it things are going well. I’m hearing abuse at the Speaker, sounds like a hacked off Bernard Jenkin.

He’s beginning to make a name for himself on the Brexit front.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
UK referenda are non-binding. Them's the rules (unless the legislation says otherwise, viz the AV referendum). I struggle to understand why you don't know that fact.
Let me get this right, it was an advisory referendum? And yet, based on this advisory referendum, Parliament enacted A50, meaning that they'd chosen to honour the result, the 2 major parties went to election in 2017 with honouring the result as part of their manifesto and it's still advisory?

This one has been done to death. It was clearly stated that the results would be respected. Not only that but we had a GE where the Labour and Tory parties both stood on manifestos that stated they would honour the results. We also had a parliamentary vote on it which was passed.
that’s not binding though, is it?

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Let me get this right, it was an advisory referendum? And yet, based on this advisory referendum, Parliament enacted A50, meaning that they'd chosen to honour the result, the 2 major parties went to election in 2017 with honouring the result as part of their manifesto and it's still advisory?
I see you are beginning to understand.

Dickensianesque, you say?
Ah, such masterpieces as
Bleak House of Commons,
Hard Times (Ahead), and
A Tale of Two Britains (or three, or four ...)
And we'll have less of those allusional puns as well, young man I can't be nasty to intelligent Remainers. I have form for being an irrational, racist, BREXIT gammoneer you know. ;)

Edit mong fingers on mong phone

It won't happen - look how much reunification cost Germany - the ROI couldn't afford it. Plus, a united ROI will get it's own version of the troubles, with Protestant high explosive marketing.

Wordsmith
Ireland is no longer the place the hard core Boyners want it to be.
the South has moved on, Ulster blowhards are dieing in a ditch for a dead dream.
the fall of Apartheid is a very good analogy.
the EU will throw money at the problem and has made clear it will.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I see you are beginning to understand.
If it was advisory, why didnt they just fùck it off, instead of voting to go forward? Cowardice?
Surely, if they enacted A50, it became a bit more than advisory?

Latest Threads