Brexit - The Final

It appears BoJo was shot down by fellow conservatives and forced to request another extension until the end of January. What an interesting turn of events. Though I fear the rest of the world has long run out patience or really cares anymore. The remainers and parliament have hijacked the will of the majority.

I don’t see an end to this silly state of affairs. Or anything remotely close to a Brexit. It appears the UK is not serious about any of this at all and will just remain in purgatory.
Ahem... the majority of those that could vote in 2016, not simply the majority, and you would also be wrong about the rest of the world not giving a damn - many a small EU nation looking at their budgets if the UK withdraws without a deal.

Have to disagree.

The ball is firmly in the EU's court. Allow or deny an extension.

As long as the EU keep issuing extensions, the ball will never be in the MP's court. They will continue to frustrate, go running to Court and do everything they possibly can to deny Brexit happening.

Take responsibility :D :D

Your having a laugh mate. To take responsibility would mean revoking A50 or calling a GE.

Neither is going to happen.
The more extensions that are granted, the less relevant the (already 40- month old) vote looks....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
When political lackeys left the HoP today the tories needed quite a large number of police as protection.
From the "fluffy, non knuckle dragging" members of the Peoples March, you know, those that call Leavers thugs and hooligans.

Labour are not going to be able to resist a GE for much longer.
That's the point, they wanted the extension, as a party, and once they have it, I think we will go to GE.

However, will they win a GE - probably not although the LibDems may well soak up votes - if a Brexit Government is elected, then we leave and probably without a deal.

However, Johnsons words to the EU must almost be contempt of court in goading the EU to reject the extension, certainly it plays to Macron until you consider that it would mean leaving without a deal, and that boyish ploy will be seen through immediately and treated with scorn.

We do need a new government we also need a new responsible prime minister, Johnson does no one any favours

FFS it is as if some of the Remainers have not quite got past Wet into Electronic and Digital Signatures.

Well it won't be Digital but by legal definition for Electronic signatures, acknowledgement or adoption of an electronic message, transaction or document works.

A typed name at the end of an email, document or form is good enough

Guess what? TusK has (in electronic form) acknowledged it.

Try getting a mortgage approved on the strength of an email, let alone something like this. You may want it to be true, unfortunately it doesn't make it so. All this shows is that if parliamentarians want to **** about with convention to suit their own purposes, both sides can.

IF it was JRM? Check my other post Grac.

I'm no fan of lawyers/solicitors however Joshua often gives a fair summary.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
remain are so unthinkingly hysterical now, if Boris said today was Sunday, they’d go to court claiming he was trying to frustrate the law.

Toppet

War Hero
There is no better deal than remain... 17.4 million mongs fooled by lies and myths versus 550 million people in 27 countries laughing at them should be a clue.
Please be quiet.

Yes, there are mongs who voted leave.
Yes, there are mongs who voted remain.

People like you are a significant factor in why not much has been achieved in the past three years, and may mean that we crash out with no deal.

Truxx

LE
The more extensions that are granted, the less relevant the (already 40- month old) vote looks....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which, of course, is exactly the aim. Although I would caveat that with my strat comms experience by adding that it allows the perception to be cultivated regarding the relevance of the 2016 vote, rather than any actuality.

remain are so unthinkingly hysterical now, if Boris said today was Sunday, they’d go to court claiming he was trying to frustrate the law.
A minority of Remain hysteria was on full show yesterday, the march & MP intimidation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's the point, they wanted the extension, as a party, and once they have it, I think we will go to GE.

However, will they win a GE - probably not although the LibDems may well soak up votes - if a Brexit Government is elected, then we leave and probably without a deal.

However, Johnsons words to the EU must almost be contempt of court in goading the EU to reject the extension, certainly it plays to Macron until you consider that it would mean leaving without a deal, and that boyish ploy will be seen through immediately and treated with scorn.

We do need a new government we also need a new responsible prime minister, Johnson does no one any favours
So long as Corbyn is in the chair, Labour will not win a GE. They know this, but they also know that they need to minimise their losses. Continuing to frustrate a GE will leave them in a desperate state. Think the of the rump of the 52 Labour MPs with the formation of the National Government.

Are you assuming that Ireland would want NI?
yes, two reasons.

1: EU has the need for a EUropean unity creation myth, fixing the ‘Irish Problem’ is high on their aspirations - look at us the mighty EU, it brings peace to a troubled continent.

2: Offshore trading post. as the EU gets ever more of a closed shop, an easy sealed off English speaking place to trade with the big world that keeps EU proper free of contagion has allure Now the UK that curre toy fills that niche is bugging out.

Quite a contrast to May who was either so Autistic she couldn't realise how unpopular some of her election manifesto promises were or she was trying her best to throw an election, hard to tell which even now

Boris in contrast is trying to ride the wave of popular opinion, and letting the opposition set their stall as democracy denying time wasters trying to deny the will of the people
Well fed by the media - Murdoch is not a fan of the EU - your wave of popular opinion could be more a bubble. opinions have changed and with it so should strategies; this is turning into the charge of the light brigade with the same consequences.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Labour are not going to be able to resist a GE for much longer.
I reckon the plan is to get into Nov with the UK still a member of the EU before playing that gambit. A Dec election is a possibility, so is a VoNC and/or a further referendum.

McDonalds gambit Is to play the election on a workers rights and environment platform.

that would be the UK that has world leading workers rights and environmental standards much higher than the EU. If these udiots think the EU is the Gold Standard if environmental protection, they might want to visit the polluted wastelands of southern and eastern EUrope, abd the modern slavery that’s the backbone of much commerce in the same countries.

Latest Threads