Brexit - The Final

Club Swinger

War Hero
I'll tell you what. Even given no notice of my transportation to the Great British Gulag, I'd still be a *lot* more prepared for the situation than the Brexiteers were for winning the referendumb.

If the past 3 years of not having a scooby what to do, and what Brexit really meant to the clamouring ones, have not shown the inability of our politicians to run a booze-up in a brothel, let alone a country embarking upon one of the riskiest ventures in modern times, then I don't know what will.

At least the SNP had a plan of some sorts when they went to the hustings, no matter how steeped in fantasy important elements of the plan were. Brexit? If they had a plan it was pure vapourware. "F*ck! What do we do now? ... Cuff it, as usual, and hope the world is kind to us. After all, we've got all kind of leverage, such as ... well, we'll think of something. I know, we'll make them laugh so hard at us that they'll give us trade deal just to stop the tears rolling down their faces. Northern Ireland? Bugger. Forget about them. Oh, never mind - it's not like it's a show stopper or anything. 5 minutes round the table and it'll be sorted before you know it".

Personally, and I do so hope I'm wrong, I think Brexit will be the biggest foul-up to happen to the nation since Percival gave the lads the war off in Singapore and booked them into a Japanese Butlins. Andreas Escobar must be watching through the Pearly Gates and laughing his socks off.

But, hey, my opinion ceased to mean anything the instant the results were in. It was so gratifying to learn that for a nation that prizes flexibility, the Brexit vote was engraved in stone in perpetuity with no chance for people to reconsider their position as the actual *facts* became known about the financial and political implications of leaving.

Besides, I've got relatives in Perth and NZ who'll put me up ...
You've got some valid points that I cannot disagree with. My gut feeling is this. I am going to use a jigsaw analogy.

If I had the choice of having a jigsaw with some pieces missing, and the pieces I did have didn't really enhance the picture, then I really would rather have no jigsaw at all.

Basically meaning, rather than have a half cocked, half in, half out deal, I would rather have a No Deal. A clean slate where we can re-group assess the way forward and get on with reshaping our future in the world.

So in effect building a brand new jigsaw from scratch, and one that looks good to all of us.

Ok then, financially very comfortable.
Nothing wrong here, loser.
Next month I'm managing a whole week at work & then having three weeks off.
Then I have to work out where I fit my annual leave in.
Do you need me to explain the concept of part time working again?
Or has it sunk in now?
You have to work out how to fit annual leave in?

Does the concept of "Leave" really puzzle you that much?

You critter, you.

You had such a great start in life, yet it was clearly wasted on you - given what you describe on the site - so I suspect any advice I give you, is unlikely to be worse than the advice you've followed up until now.

Although I notice you assumed I feel you worthy of giving advice to, rather than see I was just commenting on what is presented in front of me.

Now perhaps you'll get back to debating the topic in hand.
Crusty, what are you wibbling on about? Normally, you manage to just confuse yourself, but on this occasion you've got me confused too... :rolleyes:

He should have got on with it sooner. Remains biggest mistake was not joining forces with EEA i.e. Norway-inclined Leavers. Nick Boles' Common Market 2.0 proposal was betrayed by Remainers not the ERG et al.
Yes but why would they. They want t remain. The whole charade has been concocted to make it look as if Parliament has been singing from the same hymn sheet , the remainers have not been differentiated by the votes taken, therein lies the lie.

Oyibo

LE
A lot of Orange and Black Anarchists flags on the demonstration. The irony is quite staggering.

Whatever... ZZZzzzzzzz
Missing out the source If only there was someone about who did the the same with Nazi meme threads and totally failed to get the point...

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
Are you sure you mean that and not "respecting the wishes of somebody else's constituents"??

Blackford is the MP for Ross, Skye and Lochaber. His constituency voted 56/46 % to Remain, a wider percentage margin than the national 48/52 % vote.

EU referendum: The result in maps and charts
I meant what I said in my first sentence to which was not aimed at Blackford.

Re Bawbag and your reply: Are the fishing industries (not farmed Salmon etc) he represents really not that arrsed about getting their territorial waters back by leaving the EU? If you live there, I welcome your opinion.

Just because you had no idea what Brexit was about doesn't mean the Brexiteers didn't. They knew exactly what it meant. Leave on WTO agreements and cut all ties. Renegotiate when left. Many a leaver has stated this but it seems to go way over the heads of remainers. I know it's confusing for you but do try to keep up.
I'm afraid my opinion remains that whilst some Brexiteers might have known what they wanted, the clear goings-on over the past few years has shown that not all were quite so clear about their desired outcomes and how they would achieve them. Having spoken (always politely) to a few Brexiteers before the referendum, some had indeed had an idea of what they wanted but many had absolutely no clue what it would mean in terms of leaving the EU and formulating new arrangements.

I still don't believe that there are any realistic plans for 'renegotiating' in the wake of Brexit - if there were, we should have been presented with a much clearer statement about what these plans are, given that there've been 3 years pre-Brexit to start laying the foundations. Uncertainty about the terms of leaving is no excuse for not developing Plans A, B and Wet Weather.

As for 'cutting all ties' with one of our major trading partners ...

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
Something to cheer us all up

But it's fascinating that Remain posters are at fault, the button mashing and trolling started from Leave posters on day 1 of the referendum threads.
It's a bit weird you pointing the finger of blame at others, Grac.

I'm sorry you feel victimised by the 'button mashing of leave posters' too.

Which just goes to confirm what terrible people Brexiteers are.

Apologies for your hurty feelings.

I'm afraid my opinion remains that whilst some Brexiteers might have known what they wanted, the clear goings-on over the past few years has shown that not all were quite so clear about their desired outcomes and how they would achieve them. Having spoken (always politely) to a few Brexiteers before the referendum, some had indeed had an idea of what they wanted but many had absolutely no clue what it would mean in terms of leaving the EU and formulating new arrangements.

I still don't believe that there are any realistic plans for 'renegotiating' in the wake of Brexit - if there were, we should have been presented with a much clearer statement about what these plans are, given that there've been 3 years pre-Brexit to start laying the foundations. Uncertainty about the terms of leaving is no excuse for not developing Plans A, B and Wet Weather.

As for 'cutting all ties' with one of our major trading partners ...

The clear goings on are nothing to do with Brexiteers. They are everything to do with remainers buggering about.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I wouldn’t know I’m just back from the green having scarified it, shifted five tons of tilth with help from my oppos, one of whom is 85 the other 75 , spiked it and Vitaxed it over the last few days. So I’m on catchup. Just heard a bit of Boris’ speech
That sounds like a very productive days work. Well done you.
You certainly have been more productive than that lot in London both inside and outside that nice historical building.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
You have to work out how to fit annual leave in?

Does the concept of "Leave" really puzzle you that much?

You critter, you.
You never left these shores in anger.;)

Sorry couldn’t help it. The good mood left quickly when the rugby finished and I foolishly turned over. I’ve turned over again now and am facing the wall. It’s easier on the eye.

Latest Threads