Brexit - The Final

sumo2

Old-Salt
Why cant someone try and repeal the Benn act, do laws have to stand for a certain amount of time until they come back into question? Different jury different outcome?
They can once they have a working majority in the commons, bit of a problem at the ,moment as TM gave that away.

sumo2

Old-Salt
The current Brexit proposal in front of the EU. This is why a Unionist party backing Brexit can't support it in Northern Ireland.

Taken from BBC News.
The Stormont role would not be the unionists' veto demanded by the DUP - instead the arrangements could be approved by a straight majority.
Pro-EU parties have a narrow majority at Stormont.

The proposed Brexit deal would involve Northern Ireland being treated differently to the rest of the UK.
The joint veto offering would also mean that the MP's of Stormont would have to talk to each other, bit of a sticking point in recent times?

Alistair Burt, an independent MP, says it is important to remember the DUP says its talks with the government are "ongoing".
"I do hope that the DUP will be able to come to a realisation to ensure that a deal gets put to Parliament and hopefully passed," Mr Burt says.
Mr Burt - who sits as an independent MP after losing the Conservative whip when he defied the government in a crucial vote - says he is "inclined" to vote in support of a deal that is approved by the EU.

Ack sure as long as it's in the best interests of the EU.. It's cnuts like him who are the problem.

The joint veto offering would also mean that the MP's of Stormont would have to talk to each other, bit of a sticking point in recent times?
DUP offered to go back into Stormont on Monday. Sinn Fein walked away not Unionism.

Nope. We're just adults and sometimes the children in the playground need controlling.
So leavers are just disobedient children, who have no capabilities for reasonable thought?

I despair. For some reason, I’m hearing the Rev Ian Paisley bellowing “No Surrender” in my head.
It will be the end of 'loyalism', 'unionism' and 'Uster'.........the UK will vote them out.......enough is enough. Let them have 'independence, I can't believe the South wants to cosy up to this bunch of Victorian Prods.........let them have their non-poofter, non-abortionist, Tesco closed on Sundays State and see how long that lasts......who gives a feck what colour of horse King Billy sat upon......

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Finally, after more than three years you have come out and said what you want, and it is a bit different from your previous posts.

You are not one of the traitrous MPs are you, as you are turning out to be just as slimy?
Nonsense. I've been saying it's an act of national self-harm for more than 3 years.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
So have we finally discovered perpetual motion?
We voted for Brexit, we got, er.

1D2A53E3-3C78-4100-AB0A-99CE9BA60459.jpeg
1D2A53E3-3C78-4100-AB0A-99CE9BA60459.jpeg

My view from day one, is our political system was simply not up to scratch.. It makes demands of the public to change all the time though the law. But when the public shift position, the politics remains the same and that out of phase shift is heavily in focus on the Brexit issue.

In theory, Democracy is about compromise.... The ERG in particular, has moved quite a way, the dup slightly and not one step further, even the public have moved somewhat. I haven't seen one shred of evidence of compromise on the remain side and their behaviour is akin to Farage.. Until Grieve/Benn and the rest accept the ground reality, we are stuck in limbo.
DxTFN-GX4AMk3dx.jpeg

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Nonsense. I've been saying it's an act of national self-harm for more than 3 years.
All brought about by a limp remainer who bribed the country into voting for him .
what did Cameron say? “Vote for me and I’ll give you a referendum”.

So yet again this mess comes back to a remainer.

The current Brexit proposal in front of the EU. This is why a Unionist party backing Brexit can't support it in Northern Ireland.

Taken from BBC News.
Pro-EU parties have a narrow majority at Stormont.
So the DUP are refusing to abide by democratic principles? Afraid of their own legislature? Ignoring the will of the NI electorate in favour of their own narrow party interests. Isn't that what started the 'Troubles' in 1968, cost the lives of over 1400 British soldiers and wounded 6000 more.

sumo2

Old-Salt
All brought about by a limp remainer who bribed the country into voting for him .
what did Cameron say? “Vote for me and I’ll give you a referendum”.

So yet again this mess comes back to a remainer.
I don’t think it’s fair to put all the mess on remainers, most of it yes, a bunch of puerile spoilt *******, and oh sorry did I offend them, blanket huggers. Some of the blame belongs in parliament, those that don’t give a shite about remain or leave just playing party politics, to unhinge the government, if the government was for remain those tosser would vote leave.

Heavens but you are ticker than an Oirish tickerty tick tree.

I've been teaching over skpye for over a decade... tick tw@t.

Bore off and try to point score on a reasonable post - the last few pages have been quite good except for the likes of you. tick tw@t
Whilst remainers defence of other remainers may seem admirable to you. It isn't.
I answer in kind, if you don't like it, bore off yourself. Dope.

Latest Threads