Brexit - The Final

Truxx

LE
I have no idea where/ what/ how good they are. Never heard of them.

Might as well quote some obscure uni in the U.S.
I am unsure whether your having heard of them or not really classes as a reasonable determination of their academic worth.

Says the bloke who thought it was possible that an isotope with a half-life of six hours could be considered to have a shelf life of sixty-six hours. That's eleven half-lives, by which time the activity of that isotope will have fallen to 1/2^11. Which, so that you can understand it, is less than 0.05% of its original value.
And Tesco would probably still stick it on their "must go" shelf. Well, they are a supply and demand logistics mob.

You're the one making assumptions.

I'm a council estate kid from Geordie-land. My father was an engineer, very well paid and travelled the world, but wasted on him; he ended up dying a penniless alkie in a stinking hovel.

My mother did well in later life, landing a well paid job as a Japanese interpreter at Nissan, but not while I was growing up. Then she worked in a sweatshop with hundreds of rough Geordie lasses making clothes prior to that (before it all closed down).

I joined the army aged 16 to escape poverty and the dole queue.

So no, no early privileged life here, I'm afraid.

Fair enough - and I suspect most of us have had similar early life experiences.

Just for the record, I don't want to offend anyone here for the lack of my knowledge about UK Unis.

All I know are: (through colleagues, flatties etc.)
-Oxford
-Cambridge
- Imperial
- Bath
- Nottingham Trent
- Oxford Brookes
-Cranfield
- UCL
- King's

That's it.

Just for the record, I don't want to offend anyone here for the lack of my knowledge about UK Unis.

-Oxford
-Cambridge
- Imperial
- Bath
- Nottingham Trent
- Oxford Brookes
-Cranfield
- UCL
- King's

That's it.

We have 131:

You are almost certainly J O'B. You are even using the same phrases.
I don't listen to him, read his tweets if someone I follow retweets him. I'll take it as a compliment. ;-)

I don't see a problem.

Do you feel the need to talk to random people, strike up a conversation with some bloke you don't know, in the gents perhaps? Cos I don't, but if you do, I'd suggest it's you who will be having the problems.
What a strange example of free association.

You could have chosen to write anything, but you decide to write about chatting to strangers in mens toilets.

-Oxford
-Cambridge
- Imperial
- Bath
- Nottingham Trent
- Oxford Brookes
-Cranfield
- UCL
- King's

That's it.
OK

There are 120 or so other Universities in the list. Some would argue that many of them are not 'real' Universities - just jumped up Polytechnics.

Some of these 'upstarts' are good in certain subjects - some of the redbricks or Russell group unis are shit in some subjects - this varies year on year - rather dependent on the academic staff (If one is called Amazing Lobster - run away VERY FAST).

The reality however, is that many employers look at the Uni rather than the degree so Oxbridge is always a winner; UCL, Imperial, Manchester etc. will also give you a good head start in the job-finding lottery.

TUC? I go by my experience in the work market Frank. HTH. You'll note yon Banzai bloke isn't rushing in to tell us about his big wage rise.
Soldiers got more than a two pence rise, those on minimum wage got more than a two pence rise, as did a load of public sector workers
Infact anyone getting more than a 0.3 rise on 12 quid would get more than 2 pence.

Sounds like a bollocks story doesnt it?

What a strange example of free association.

You could have chosen to write anything, but you decide to write about chatting to strangers in mens toilets.
You were the one who thought not chatting to strangers was problematic, so I assumed that you would be comfortable chatting to strangers anywhere. So, do you or don't you chat to strangers?

You reckon? You're wrong.

The EU referendum wasn’t quite the largest democratic exercise in UK history
Those who have infiltrated this site and don't post on anything other than Brexit and immigration threads you mean?
I know how democracy works, it's working,

You don't get to define it.
Out of curiosity, was that mandate observed, or was ignored because it didn't fit a narritizs?

-Oxford
-Cambridge
- Imperial
- Bath
- Nottingham Trent
- Oxford Brookes
-Cranfield
- UCL
- King's

That's it.
I'm surprised that there are no Scottish unis in your list.

Yes, seriously; I read all my links.
You appear to have missed a fair bit then., which you'd get if you were thinking. The same with wage rises. It's very specific and sector related.

FFS, she'll be giving him Chinese burns for fibbing next.

Out of curiosity, was that mandate observed, or was ignored because it didn't fit a narritizs?

I'm surprised that there are no Scottish unis in your list.
I am racking my brains and I think one of my bosses came from Edinburgh Uni...I could be wrong how I spell it...I don't know if it's Uni of Edinburgh or Edinburgh Uni.

That's one of the things I love about the UK - you don't need to be particularly intelligent or have any kind of gift in order to succeed.
Indeed. Other than determination you don't need much else to succeed here. Why you chose not to is a matter for you.

Latest Threads