Brexit - The Final

On another note, watching the C4News the other day, I thought Parliament jumped the shark, when a tearful MP suggested we need to get back to the work that matters like schools and hospitals. Brexit is dividing us :)

She may as well have followed the blimpish guards officer post-WW1 and suggested that "we can now get back to real soldiering again".

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
Romania joined the EU in 2007 and he came over with no qualifications. 4 years to earn his bachelor's, another two for a master's/MBA, plus the minimum ten years it generally takes to make partner gives 16 years. Which he somehow compressed into 12.

I like his hustle, grafted so hard he dilated time.
There was an Italian POW camp in the local area during the war. In 1945 on release many opted to stay. It is commendable just how many of the first and second generation of those prisoners, have really good flourishing business in this area. They mostly started off as local farm workers and then progressed from there.

lecky

War Hero
If there is to be another referendum I'd expect a general election first.

The Tory party would be insane to suggest a second referendum, which might not be needed if swinson's illiberal undemocratic party wind and she arbitrarily overturn brexi t or the brexi t party gets in and they ensure that the democratic mandate from 2016 is executed.
Agreed in theory, but that assumes Boris remains as Prime Minister up to the 1st of November. Whilst he remains Prime Minister then he is the National Executive the EU must negotiate with under EU Law.
Polls suggest that the EU won't be able to keep us in/frustrate Brexit if they force a GE through a VONC before Halloween.
However, if they can some how engineer a Boris resignation, then the opposition/Bercow/Judicial axis could assume to be the Executive that the EU has to negotiates with, when the Conservative party is rudderless and in the minority. Then safe in the knowledge that they've got the establishment and law on their side, they can get breathing pace to fight a second referendum, without calling a GE. Arguably, they could stand a better chance of control and success with a Second referendum, than with a GE. They have form for it.

It is vital that Boris stays as the Prime Minister for as long as is possible, up to the 31st, if we are going to assure any Brexit at all.

Agreed in theory, but that assumes Boris remains as Prime Minister up to the 1st of November. Whilst he remains Prime Minister then he is the National Executive the EU must negotiate with under EU Law.
Polls suggest that the EU won't be able to keep us in/frustrate Brexit if they force a GE through a VONC before Halloween.
However, if they can some how engineer a Boris resignation, then the opposition/Bercow/Judicial axis could assume to be the Executive that the EU has to negotiates with, when the Conservative party is rudderless and in the minority. Then safe in the knowledge that they've got the establishment and law on their side, they can get breathing pace to fight a second referendum, without calling a GE. Arguably, they could stand a better chance of control and success with a Second referendum, than with a GE. They have form for it.

It is vital that Boris stays as the Prime Minister for as long as is possible, up to the 31st, if we are going to assure any Brexit at all.
Gazing a little deeper into your crystal ball, should there be a second referendum (Gods forbid) how would you imagine that 'opposition/Bercow/Judicial axis' deal with an increased vote to leave the EU?

lecky

War Hero
I thought the consensus collective and its spearhead the BBC/C4News agreed with itself that 'Traitor' is a hate word and anyone who uses it are bad and probably planning to attack MPs ? odd, that when the other side uses it, then fine not a murmur in fact.

On Bercow the man was all ego when he was associated with far right elements and now feeds off the adulation of remain. I fear for the man, once he moves out of the limelight.
Comes under the same rules as not being allowed to mention we "helped them out" during World Wars, whilst constantly being reminded that comparatively small numbers of their citizens, defied their governments and fought for us in the said same conflicts

Exports 'comfortably higher' than before EU referendum

The barcode standards body GS1 says despite a recent cooling in foreign demand for UK goods, exports "remain comfortably higher than they were before the EU referendum vote".

Chief executive Gary Lynch says:“There is nothing to suggest that this recent decrease is indicative of a wider malaise, with businesses of all sizes telling us they remain confident in their continued ability to trade overseas.

Jings, crivvens and help ma boab.

What will the greetin faced CBI have to say about that ?

Truxx

LE
The UK is up to £420 million a week worse off due to the UK's decision to leave the EU finds the Institute for Fiscal Studies

Good job everyone voted for degradation of the £ and public services
I am worse off. Mostly to do with the prevarication and delay.

Does it make my outlook on the worth of remaining any different?

Nope. No. Nein. Niet.

Not even one jot.

Truxx

LE
Those data are a bit misleadimg as they are simple aggregates of population vs space. Projections to 2018 reveal that the highest population density in England is in the borough of Islington - over 15,000 per sq km. The lowest, in England is close to my home near the Eden valley in Cumbria - 24 per sq km. Although income levels are around 20% lower than the national average, this is countered by a higher economic activity rate, lower unemployment and high ratio of employment opportunity to workforceavailability (for those aged 16-64). Eden valley is regarded as a tight labour market and it hus has implications for housing, transport and road network construction.

The key point being that there must be a comprehensive post-inmigration plan to accomodate immigrants while providing them with realistic opportunities that do not negatively impact on the existing populations.
Bloody hell. I knew that the Eden valley was sparcely populated but most seem to be on here...

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
shrewd operator holding a pair of Jacks and your lot still can't beat him with a handful of Aces and a stacked deck. ;)
His continuous losing streak will come to an end any day now

I am worse off. Mostly to do with the prevarication and delay.

Does it make my outlook on the worth of remaining any different?

Nope. No. Nein. Niet.

Not even one jot.
I'd expect nothing else

True.

He will have us out of the EU and smash a GE. All the rest is meaningless in comparison.
I'm not convinced. We'll soon find out.

No indication that no10 is doing aught but flailing around

Gazing a little deeper into your crystal ball, should there be a second referendum (Gods forbid) how would you imagine that 'opposition/Bercow/Judicial axis' deal with an increased vote to leave the EU?
As per standard EU protocols. Just ignore and carry on regardless.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
chuggafugga Brexit 19
Robbo_72 Brexit 50
retread2 Brexit 145

Latest Threads