Brexit - The Final

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
The GE is one of the reasons that the extension is likely to be a long one.
Rubbish. A GE can take place 6 weeks after it is called. If Brexit is delayed, the GE could easily take place before Christmas.

The reason for the long delay would be the hope the Tory lead in the polls would evaporate.

That would not happen. If the GE is delayed, the current opposition will have to negotiate - which they will rapidly find politically toxic with BoJo gleefully laying into their failure to get a deal.

Wordsmith

Dream on. The Tories got 9% of the vote in the European elections after May called off Brexit. They know not Brexiting would be fatal to the party.

There may be a Brexit extension, but it won't be the Tories applying for it. BoJo will resign instead, refuse to nominate a successor and let the opposition parties request the delay.

Much of the Labour industrial heartlands was Brexit supporting. Guess what'll happen to the Labour vote if its instrumental in delaying Brexit.

Wordsmith
The Euro elections are irrelevant in a GE.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
BoJo will not fight a GE on No Deal. He will continue with his current waffle, that he can secure a Deal, but needs a majority to do so.
BoJo will fight on a "deal if we can/otherwise no deal" manifesto. That will result in the TBP share of the electorate backing the Tories.

33% + 12% = big majority.

Particularly with the Remain vote split between Labour and the Limp Dems

Its the strategy he's clearly been following for months.

Wordsmith

I posted stats demonstrating an increase in hate crime this morning. Yet the denialists claim that there's no problem.

Hardly surprising

Oyibo

LE
BoJo will not fight a GE on No Deal. He will continue with his current waffle, that he can secure a Deal, but needs a majority to do so.
I can see why your username is Panic-in-Detroit

Old-Salt
The GE is one of the reasons that the extension is likely to be a long one.
A general election does not need an extension greater than three months.

If the Labour Party finally grow a set and agree to an election in November then either the Conservatives will win a working majority and we leave on their terms or Labour will win an adequate number of seats, get into one or more confidence and supply agreements and then A50 will be revoked.

If A50 is revoked then either there will be a second referendum which may or may not start the whole shiteshow anew or the 2016 referendum will be regarded as advisory with no further action.

BoJo will fight on a "deal if we can/otherwise no deal" manifesto. That will result in the TBP share of the electorate backing the Tories.

33% + 12% = big majority.

Particularly with the Remain vote split between Labour and the Limp Dems

Its the strategy he's clearly been following for months.

Wordsmith
He will fight it on his current position. ( 1,000,000,000 to 1 chance of a No Deal).

I doubt he will have a pact with TBP. He will hope that the TBP will Hoover up Labour votes.

He's not expected to be impartial in the case where the Executive (i.e. 10 Downing Street) decides that it's going to shut down the House of Commons in order to stop it doing its job. In that case, I'd suggest that he should be expected to defend the House's role within the UK constitution.
.....and there lies the problem.

Why would I need to check it?
Apologies for delay, I've watched a film.

Now you have achieved a certain 'ninja' level of education, yeah?

Are there not any immediate reasons that come to mind? drawing on your knowledge of learning L2 and L3 there is nothing that stirs your pique?

Do you actually have something to say on this matter or did you simply feel you ought to be seen to reply (I'd give up on other's perceptions of you to be honest).

It's been suggested I put you on ignore. Have never resorted to that yet. I see you more as a plaything than a hindrance.
How does it feel, as a "PHD" to be outclassed, multiple times, and re-demonstrated (with workings shown) by some non-degree-holding with far more life and world experience than you- minion?

There are some knowlegeable people on here, there are some people of note on here to, on this very thread. I know who they are.
You don't though. I'm a nobody...and even I chewed your arse.
You really need to reassess who or what you market yourself as because, you are lacking in many areas.

Apologies for delay, I've watched a film.

Now you have achieved a certain 'ninja' level of education, yeah?

Are there not any immediate reasons that come to mind? drawing on your knowledge of learning L2 and L3 there is nothing that stirs your pique?

Do you actually have something to say on this matter or did you simply feel you ought to be seen to reply (I'd give up on other's perceptions of you to be honest).

It's been suggested I put you on ignore. Have never resorted to that yet. I see you more as a plaything than a hindrance.
How does it feel, as a "PHD" to be outclassed, multiple times, and re-demonstrated (with workings shown) by some non-degree-holding with far more life and world experience than you- minion?

There are some knowlegeable people on here, there are some people of note on here to, on this very thread. I know who they are.
You don't though. I'm a nobody...and even I chewed your arse.
You really need to reassess who or what you market yourself as because, you are lacking in many areas.
No idea what all of this says, as it's a lot and can't be bothered to read it all but generally if someone has an L2 then they will pick up L3, L4 etc faster.

Although in the early stages there will be some interference between the new language and the older non-L1 languages until the brain adequately sorts out how it accesses this new data - house-keeping as it were - so it would be normal for someone who speaks, say, German L2, but is learning French to mix up German and French words initially. This is likely because the brain knows it's not L1, it activates L2 automatically. Then gradually it learns these new rules (unless you're a Chomskian) and syntax do not belong with the L2.

You have have raised an interested question though - automatically we translate stuff from our L2 into our L1, rather than answer directly with our L2 (its been shown in clever language studies looking at brain activity). I wonder if someone who has multiple Ls, if the translation cascades all the way down. Probably not, but interesting question anyway.

No idea why you think you are nobody, not smart etc btw. Generally in my experience, a decent proxy measure of smarts is how much a person reads.

Last edited:
No idea what all of this says, as it's a lot and can't be bothered to read it all but generally if someone has an L2 then they will pick up L3, L4 etc faster.

Although in the early stages there will be some interference between the new language and the older languages until the brain adequately sorts out how it accesses this new data - house-keeping as it were - so it would be normal for someone who speaks, say, German L2, but is learning French to mix up German and French words initially. This is likely because the brain knows it's not L1, it activates L2 automatically. Then gradually it learns these new rules (unless you're a Chomskian) and syntax do not belong with the L2.

You have have raised an interested question though - automatically we translate stuff from our L2 into our L1, rather than answer directly with our L2 (its been shown in clever language studies looking at brain activity). I wonder if someone who has multiple Ls, if the translation cascades all the way down. Probably not, but interesting question anyway.

No idea why you think you are nobody, not smart etc btw. Generally in my experience, a decent proxy measure of smarts is how much a person reads.
Absolute fceking bollix.

Please cite any fr1gging linguistic reference I would recognise as a pukka academic one to back up the faeces you've just posted.

Absolute fceking bollix.

Please cite any fr1gging linguistic reference I would recognise as a pukka academic one to back up the faeces you've just posted.

You pretend you know this stuff, but you need a reference for Chomsky because you are not sure if he's ever said language is innate? Innateness hypothesis - Wikipedia

Or here, read this abstract : Do Bilinguals Automatically Activate Their Native Language When They Are Not Using It? - PubMed - NCBI (most models being the operative word in the opening sentence that this is not contentious).

Or the complicated relationship between L2 and L3: Can a Second Language Help You Learn a Third? (you can access the proper reviewed links at the bottom of the article - though maybe also admit the academic who wrote it knows more than you - though it safe to say a dead cat knows more than you).

Stick to complaining about the children that have been unfortunate enough to end up in your classroom - that's probably safer than you actually trying to 'teach' them anything.

Now go to bed you silly, racist old tool.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
chuggafugga Brexit 18
Robbo_72 Brexit 50
retread2 Brexit 144

Latest Threads