Brexit - The Final

Ffs...

Let's throw this open to the floor eh?

Who thinks Lobster has a valid point?

Who thinks I have a valid point?

To make it even more simple, who thinks I'm wrong?

I've tried to explain as much as possible to you, I've served you pointers to read up and as well as your own arse on a plate. I can do little more apart from sit on your knee and read to you.

Btw, are you saying all Pakistanis are brown????!!!!! Are you assuming their pigmentation?!!!
Who was the one who turned the conversation onto skin colour?? Oh..er...it was you!
Interesting point.

Not really - I didn't read it because it seemed like a lot of effort, but I see two key issues whilst we are here.

You surprise system is triggered by brown people who speak Italian because you are bigoted. (unless you also find it exotic when a Brit speaks any second language).

And think the order someone learnt English in, is the same as how fluent they are.

Oh and at one point you also quoted some statistics that I suspect describe how long it takes the average monolingual Brit to learn a language, rather than someone who is already likely to be trilingual.
"You surprise system"?
If it should come to asking for an extension, could you write the letter?
They'll never make head nor tail of it!

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Is that OK then in your view?
If yes, on what authority was the Squeaker acting? Take your time.
He had a meeting first with the Prime Minister, and then with his counterpart, the Speaker of the House, I have no idea what was said, but most likely pleasantries and trying to get a gist of what Johnson's plans are and then with Bercow, much the same at first but most likely to get idea from man in the ground on how he expects Parliament to go about things over the upcoming weeks. Its not a sneaking behind people's backs usurping democracy conspiriwibble. Two professionals have a publically declared meeting appraising the situation.

Nothing wrong at all with that.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Ffs...

I've tried to explain as much as possible to you, I've served you pointers to read up and as well as your own arse on a plate. I can do little more apart from sit on your knee and read to you.

Btw, are you saying all Pakistanis are brown????!!!!! Are you assuming their pigmentation?!!!
Who was the one who turned the conversation onto skin colour?? Oh..er...it was you!
Lobster is a troll, just stick it in ignore and let life just smoothly pass you by.

Ffs...

The lobster's never had a valid point in his life. HTH.

SHAPE is still there
ACO is part of SHAPE.
I'm afraid you are somewhat misguided, although understandably. Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe (SHAPE) was an organisation that took over responsibility (Post WW2) for the security of W. Europe. In this guise it undertook the Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA) with the French Government. Unfortunately forced to displace a few years later, it took up a SOFA with the Belgian government under the title SHAPE, notwithstanding that the name of the HQ had changed to Allied Command Europe (ACE) in 1951. In 2003 ACE became Allied Command Operations (ACO). Apparently, so I am told by the ACO LEGAD, if they want to officially change the name from SHAPE to ACO, then they they will have to renegotiate the SOFA, which they do not want to do as they saw the disaster when NCIA was created. SHAPE is the official name of the terrain upon which ACO finds itself headquartered, even though there is no more Supreme Headquarter Allied Powers Europe.

So SHAPE is a place, not a command, and LIVE OAK was an ACE undertaking, not SHAPE and not ACO as I said, but all the same NATO. The LIVE OAK building is still there, just behind bldg 102.

btw...ACO is brill! They pay me a fortune each month for pretending I am clever.

Good speech - to a virtually empty chamber. I was hoping the BBC would be reporting the unwise actions of the Squeaker meeting with EU officials to discuss delaying brexit, I must have missed it. :rolleyes:
The EU seem to have the aucustics down to a tee for their preference.
The microphones are very responsive and only seem to be tuned to near sources, a bit like the noise suppressing headphones you get. Applause is muted and jeers are very muted.
Thank fvck we are leaving.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
He had a meeting first with the Prime Minister, and then with his counterpart, the Speaker of the House, I have no idea what was said, but most likely pleasantries and trying to get a gist of what Johnson's plans are and then with Bercow, much the same at first but most likely to get idea from man in the ground on how he expects Parliament to go about things over the upcoming weeks. Its not a sneaking behind people's backs usurping democracy conspiriwibble. Two professionals have a publically declared meeting appraising the situation.

I wonder if you would take the same POV if the Squeaker advocated Brexit? Somehow I doubt it.

Lord alone knows.
The court has no power to send a letter to the EU to revoke, it only has the power to compel the PM to Obey the law as required by the Benn Act.
Agreed. But the plaintiffs appear to be asking the court to send a letter.

Ffs...

Just put the idiot crustacean on ignore, it keeps the thread on topic and helps in keeping it readable.

I'm afraid you are somewhat misguided, although understandably. Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe (SHAPE) was an organisation that took over responsibility (Post WW2) for the security of W. Europe. In this guise it undertook the Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA) with the French Government. Unfortunately forced to displace a few years later, it took up a SOFA with the Belgian government under the title SHAPE, notwithstanding that the name of the HQ had changed to Allied Command Europe (ACE) in 1951. In 2003 ACE became Allied Command Operations (ACO). Apparently, so I am told by the ACO LEGAD, if they want to officially change the name from SHAPE to ACO, then they they will have to renegotiate the SOFA, which they do not want to do as they saw the disaster when NCIA was created. SHAPE is the official name of the terrain upon which ACO finds itself headquartered, even though there is no more Supreme Headquarter Allied Powers Europe.

So SHAPE is a place, not a command, and LIVE OAK was an ACE undertaking, not SHAPE and not ACO as I said, but all the same NATO. The LIVE OAK building is still there, just behind bldg 102.

btw...ACO is brill! They pay me a fortune each month for pretending I am clever.
The canteen do a proper good Americano and Moules et frites.

Lobster is a troll, just stick it in ignore and let life just smoothly pass you by.

I think the irony is asking for opinions on a thread mainly populated by people who voted Leave, as if you have any chance of the majority getting remotely close to the correct answer.

Oyibo

LE

That depends on whether one believes a treaty is being negotiated or not.

Or whether Bercow is an unbiased Speaker.

Or whether Sassoli was acting with altruistic intentions, and not in the interests of a foreign power.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

"So SHAPE is a place, not a command"

That can be said for any Headquarters.

Old-Salt
He doesn't [have the authority in his own right to recall parliament]? He needed a helping hand from the Supreme Court. These things happen.

Happy now?
Confused rather by your apparent volte face... some time back (before the SC ever appeared on the horizon to give Mr S a helping hand) you asserted that the Speaker had in his own right, the authority to recall parliament at will. (You will no doubt recall the many posts mocking that assertion?)

You are now saying that he doesn't actually have that authority at all? That without a request from government (traditional) or the interference in matters Parliamentary (non traditional) of the SC he has no such authority?

You can see how somebody hanging on to your every word as unimpeachable fact may become confused.

Last edited:

Truxx

LE
Lord alone knows.
From MSN

A Scottish court has delayed a decision on whether Boris Johnson should be forced to ask for a Brexit extension until after the final deadline has passed next week.

Anti-Brexit campaigners had asked the three judges, the lord president, Lord Carloway, Lord Brodie and Lord Drummond Young, to issue court orders forcing Johnson to send the letter to the EU required under the Benn act.

That legislation, the European Union (Withdrawal) (No 2) Act, requires Johnson to write to the EU asking for an extension until 31 January if he fails to get a Brexit deal agreed at Westminster by 19 October.

In an unusual move, Carloway said the issues were so significant and time-sensitive that the court could not make a definitive ruling on whether the prime minister had broken the Benn act until 19 October had passed.

He said the judges would suspend a final ruling on whether to order Johnson to comply, or send the Benn act letter to the EU itself, until Monday 21 October. Then, he said, “the court will expect to be addressed on the facts that present themselves”.

My bold.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Lord alone knows.
They tried yes but the CoS decided in lieu of the legally binding averuwotsitments submit by the Govt they did not have to send a letter. The Government, and its legal advisers, the proper ones ie Advocate General and Attorney General, agreed in law to abide by the Courts ruling.

Now the CoS is remaining seised (staying in Session), which means it can automatically issue a Court Order should the Government try to dodge it, rather than new Court Order proceedings having to be started, which means the PM would be liable for Contempt which would mean either a fine or imprisonment for those involved, which would be interesting.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
chuggafugga Brexit 18
Robbo_72 Brexit 50
retread2 Brexit 144

Latest Threads