Brexit - The Final

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Tell us again how the Speaker has the unilateral authority to recall parliament.
He doesn't. He needed a helping hand from the Supreme Court. These things happen.

Happy now?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
A proper beasting by A Neil:

Thanks for the heads-up
Gutted, smoked and ready for breakfast - dun up like a kipper!

It's an example of a racist leave voter complaining because people speak English with an accent. It needs to be shown for what it is.

It's no surprise on any level that you believe this too.
The above post was a reply to me.
Are you really that thick?
@amazing__lobster

Our story today starts here:

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/brexit-the-final.291401/post-9538484

I then posted a few links highlighting the comparative differences in learning different languages.

You then fell a bit quiet.

Then I spotted this today, and decided to have a little fun:

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/goto/post?id=9569025

I agreed, that indeed it was rather "exotic".

Then this, with my reply also:

You continued to assert this:

I replied:

And then this little beauty - note the bit in bold (my bold)

You removed that last comment, then put it back in again later it would seem. Forum glitch?

I digress though - here comes the first counter from me to one of your strawmen attempts:

And then we have this pearler: Note my bold :)

And then... note my bold again :)

Which led to...

Which led to...

Then for some reason...you start on about Indians...

And then...

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/brexit-the-final.291401/post-9569441

Countered by:

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/brexit-the-final.291401/post-9569457

And yes, rather a lot of post-posting / re-adding going on from you during that exchange. Unless my Ipad was only showing me bits of your posts after I'd already quoted them, and then once I mentioned it - they suddenley appeared again? It really is a problem that several others on here seem to have experienced with your posts.
I'd ask a mod if I were you.

Do you still want to know what you were actually trying to argue about btw?

Right...

What else do you need explaining?
You'll have to excuse him. He's acting a bit thick, calling all & sundry racist & denying all sorts.
And yet again failing to back up his lies. But they've been quoted, so here for posterity.

The above post was a reply to me.
Are you really that thick?

You'll have to excuse him. He's acting a bit thick, calling all & sundry racist & denying all sorts.
And yet again failing to back up his lies. But they've been quoted, so here for posterity.

What are you going on about?

I think I am in love,

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I am not really sure what you are actually arguing. I say the Speaker did not recall parliament, the Speaker says he did not recall parliament but you say he did...

[QUOTE=Mr Speaker himself]"In the light of that explicit judgement I have instructed the House authorities to prepare not for the recall - the prorogation was unlawful and is void - but for the resumption of the business of the House of Commons.
As there was no prorogation and Parliament was not in recess nor properly adjourned how could there be a recall?

Recall of Parliament Explainer
[/QUOTE]

Point out to me where it says the Squeaker has any autonomy in recalling/starting or even finishing parliament. In fact each day can only end after a vote by members, not on the Squeaker's say so.

Always got time to educate you.

Can I take some kudos for handing a "PHD" type his arse on a plate on a debating forum? ;)

Not really - I didn't read it because it seemed like a lot of effort, but I see two key issues whilst we are here.

Your surprise system is triggered by brown people who speak Italian because you are bigoted. (unless you also find it exotic when a Brit speaks any second language).

And think the order someone learnt English in, is the same as how fluent they are.

Oh and at one point you also quoted some statistics that I suspect describe how long it takes the average monolingual Brit to learn a language, rather than someone who is already likely to be trilingual.

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I think I am in love,
Good speech - to a virtually empty chamber. I was hoping the BBC would be reporting the unwise actions of the Squeaker meeting with EU officials to discuss delaying brexit, I must have missed it. :rolleyes:

Not really - I didn't read it because it seemed like a lot of effort, but I see two key issues whilst we are here.

You surprise system is triggered by brown people who speak Italian because you are bigoted. (unless you also find it exotic when a Brit speaks any second language).

And think the order someone learnt English in, is the same as how fluent they are.

Oh and at one point you also quoted some statistics that I suspect describe how long it takes the average monolingual Brit to learn a language, rather than someone who is already likely to be trilingual.

Ffs...

Let's throw this open to the floor eh?

Who thinks Lobster has a valid point?

Who thinks I have a valid point?

To make it even more simple, who thinks I'm wrong?

I've tried to explain as much as possible to you, I've served you pointers to read up and as well as your own arse on a plate. I can do little more apart from sit on your knee and read to you.

Btw, are you saying all Pakistanis are brown????!!!!! Are you assuming their pigmentation?!!!
Who was the one who turned the conversation onto skin colour?? Oh..er...it was you!

You surprise system is triggered by brown people who speak Italian because you are bigoted. (unless you also find it exotic when a Brit speaks any second language).

You are such a twisting, lying sack of bollix.

M'eh.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
chuggafugga Brexit 18
Robbo_72 Brexit 50
retread2 Brexit 144

Latest Threads