Brexit - The Final

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
GE looks inevitable now to get rid of the Dear Squeaker
Convention is that nobody stands against the Speaker in their constituency, Bercow would be returned automatically in any election.

To prevent Bercow being re-elected as Speaker after that you need some one to be nominated by 12 others, incl 3 outwith the nominee's party, and with the current divisions in Parliament, not sure that's likely to happen.

John Bercow is bellend, but his lambasting of the thicker than 2 short planks Mark Francois this afternoon was amusing to say the least.

No-one insult's the members in such a simultaneously, correct, cutting, polite and waspish way as the current speaker

Last edited:
Is it the final, people having been losing faith in politicians in the UK for a long time

Their handling of Brexit has shown their contempt for the common man

If there is one good that comes out of this, perhaps there will be more calls for direct democracy borne out of distaste for modern politicians

I don't think Brexit is enough, we need to remove as much power from politicians as possible and give the electorate more of a say in day to day decision making
A disagree from Bagl0ck, the idea is officially a winner if the people's SPOTY thinks it's a bad idea

I rest my case, you couldn't wish for better seal of approval...

For once, I agree with Marr.

1552950615572.png

Last edited:
Nobody is really in control right now, Parliament is like car crash telly. Its bloody great!
Indeed, "Take back control" they said. There's a lot of IBS sufferers on arrse mind, Irritable Brexit Syndrome appears to make some angry. Most entertaining.

as much as I dislike the odious little twat he has a point, bringing the same so called "deal" back again after it was so comprehensibly defeated twice is taking the piss even for our so called rulers

Parliament has to be taken seriously, surely and it strikes me that the Speaker is upholding parliamentary dignity.
I suspect we both know he'd doing nothing of the sort. Indeed, he's debasing parlimentary dignity by completely ignoring Erskine May at whim, while using the same as justification for decisions as and when it suits his personal agenda.

The people dripping about Bercow's intervention are missing the utter constitutional carnage initiated by a Government losing multiple vital votes by 140+ margins and even, somehow, surviving.

Parliament has to be taken seriously, surely and it strikes me that the Speaker is upholding parliamentary dignity.
How do you ever sit down for a quiet pint with @History_Man ???

I know I shouldn't be surprised by this bunch of bastard politicians and what they get up to, but to have No Brexit mentioned at all after such a vote in the referendum is sick and a total slap in the face of the voters!

May and her cabinet need to unite and confirm they are going to give the outcome of the referendum some respect and take us out.

Say No Brexit is an impossibility - it is the only respectable outcome.
That'll be 17m voters... out of...

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
The people dripping about Bercow's intervention are missing the utter constitutional carnage initiated by a Government losing multiple vital votes by 140+ margins and even, somehow, surviving.

There are two problems - May and parliament.

It has been obvious for many months that May's deal hadn't a prayer of getting past Westminster in its present for. It only passes if we can unilaterally exit the backstop. And the EU has no intention of allowing that - they hope to derail Brexit all together. The only way May would have got a deal from the EU was to prepare seriously for a hard Brexit from the start, then invite the EU to give us a deal to prevent that. Instead she became fixated with getting a deal from the EU - any deal - without considering if she could get the resulting sh!te deal past Westminster. It has been obvious for 9 months (and discussed in this thread's predecessor) that she couldn't get the deal passed unless the backstop was removed - yet she held steady on course for the iceberg.

Parliament - which is still dominated by remain supporting MP's - has used May sh!te deal as an excuse to try and derail Brexit. With the opposition holding the further hope that they can bring down the government and bring about a premature General Election.

Our problems stem from putting political pygmies in charge at Westminster.

Wordsmith

does not matter how many it was out of whatever, more voted out than in, it`s called democracy, something that is being totally ignored by the bastards who rejoice in their democratically elected position
To represent their communities... some of whom can not vote.

There are two problems - May and parliament.

It has been obvious for many months that May's deal hadn't a prayer of getting past Westminster in its present for. It only passes if we can unilaterally exit the backstop. And the EU has no intention of allowing that - they hope to derail Brexit all together. The only way May would have got a deal from the EU was to prepare seriously for a hard Brexit from the start, then invite the EU to give us a deal to prevent that. Instead she became fixated with getting a deal from the EU - any deal - without considering if she could get the resulting sh!te deal past Westminster. It has been obvious for 9 months (and discussed in this thread's predecessor) that she couldn't get the deal passed unless the backstop was removed - yet she held steady on course for the iceberg.

Parliament - which is still dominated by remain supporting MP's - has used May sh!te deal as an excuse to try and derail Brexit. With the opposition holding the further hope that they can bring down the government and bring about a premature General Election.

Our problems stem from putting political pygmies in charge at Westminster.

Wordsmith
Agree totally.
But what have pygmies ever done to deserve that final sentence?