Brexit - The Final

It reminds me of something Homer would say. Leaving the EU would be difficult, and if something is difficult, it's not worth doing.
the article is hardly worthy of this fine country.' I'm ashamed it's written in English, although I can see why @amazing__lobster would enjoy it.

'I would say to the House as I said to those who have joined this government: "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat". We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and of suffering.'

Now that is the correct use of English.

Truxx

LE
I recall the article you posted. I had no idea about DHL and the NHS before you posted the article.

So what does it have to do with the anticipated shortages?

edit: they do all of it you say?

Battering you say?
Yep

Battered flounder.

As DC is out and about plugging his book I thought this might be interesting. Funny how memories fade and we forget what we were promised.
Granted the source is Brexit Direct Action, but no actors were employed in its production!

smff73

Old-Salt
I suspect I won't succeed, but that's OK - I don't necessarily have to convince you, we just have to come up with a compromise that addresses most of each of our concerns. I understand that you're worried about issues like immigration and sovereignty, just like you should understand that I'm concerned about free and frictionless trade, and cutting down on tax avoidance.

So, for instance: we look at the impact of immigration by increasing the funding of public services to those areas which are actually affected. Look at the rates of access to council housing, or places in primary schools, or even crime rates - once they're the same as the rest of the country, then surely the argument against immigration is reduced? Or we look at how many of our laws are actually driven by unelected bureaucrats in Brussels (as opposed to what politicians say, in order to shift blame away from themselves).

While we're at it, we can agree that tax avoidance is brilliant if you're a billionaire newspaper owner, or a multimillionaire hedge fund owner, but it's f***ing annoying for those of us who believe in paying their fair share. So perhaps we sign up to the EU tax avoidance directive, even after we've left the EU, so that we get to see who really had that as their primary motivation for Brexit...
So free and frictionless trade is not possible outside the EU? Do you not think free and frictionless trade is in interest of the EU, considering we buy far more from them than they do from us?

I'm not sure I understand your point immigration. Are you suggesting that significant investment goes into areas affected by immigration, over and above that required by the immigrants, thereby benefitting existing residents?

Why do you think the EU is uniquely capable of dealing with tax evasion? Do you think it may be possible that if we left, we'd be more than capable of dealing with it ourselves?

Old-Salt
Looks as though Tom Watson may be the next 'high profile' casualty of Brexit then.

How shite do you have to be for Momentum to think you're a cnut?

Looks as though Tom Watson may be the next 'high profile' casualty of Brexit then.

to be fair the noncefinder general is a massive arrsehole with illusions of granduer but one thing I can gaurantee you this morning is that oild BoJo is probably giving Carrie a celebratory shag and a few high fives!

Why do you think the EU is uniquely capable of dealing with tax evasion? Do you think it may be possible that if we left, we'd be more than capable of dealing with it ourselves?

You don't have to worry about that - you Brits practically invented tax evasion with all your offshore islands and stuff.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Not much, just not a Momentum supporter is enough!

What a silly post.
Brexit may come with some problems which will frighten simple minds.
Well I am shocked.

So desperate are the EU

No Sirree, the EU do not interfere in Domestic Politics :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Not sure what you hope to achieve by speaking to these 2 no marks b
I try my best to avoid labelling the other side with words like 'traitor', but the evidence speaks for itself. A slice of our establishment are working to what they believe are our best interests(which is fine), but then colluding with a foreign power, against the government that was elected by the people.

I know many have said it over 3 years on here (before I joined), but a Vichy mind-set is rife amongst remain. Can you imagine if Farage was off to Moscow for cosy chats with putin and working against the british government ?

Le_addeur_noir

On ROPS
On ROPs
For some reason both the UK government & EU Commission appear somewhat reluctant to publicise the detail.
Perhaps it's due to people being too thick to understand what it all means - can't be frightening nor confusing them with facts now, can we...
Not an abject surrender to the EUSSR in prospect, then?.

The 39 billion handed over, plus much, much more to come in subsequent years, and we will be taking in far more illegals from the continent, and the asset-stripping of British industry will enter it's final phase?.

Previous governments under May, Cameron, Brown, Blair and Major for sure, but better is hoped for from the present incumbents. Are we going to be shafted-yet again?

What a silly post.
Brexit may come with some problems which will frighten simple minds.
Well I am shocked.
The audience has being deemed simple and project fear seriously underestimated the British People..

A more nuanced attack line which is applied in Club Med countries, where the idea is pushed that the local politics is that corrupt, their economies are better off inside the big tent was a more plausible one i.e. all our government are useless, leaving the EU is bonkers..... The reality, is hardly anyone believes what they read, or watch anymore as we all know the data is spun.

Le_addeur_noir

On ROPS
On ROPs
I try my best to avoid labelling the other side with words like 'traitor', but the evidence speaks for itself. A slice of our establishment are working to what they believe are our best interests(which is fine), but then colluding with a foreign power, against the government that was elected by the people.

I know many have said it over 3 years on here (before I joined), but a Vichy mind-set is rife amongst remain. Can you imagine if Farage was off to Moscow for cosy chats with putin and working against the british government ?
IMHO many of the 'establishment' are in the pay of the EUSSR.

It is on record that Blair was ( still is?) advising Macron on how to undermine the British government.

Link,

Thls is treason pure and simple.

And how many others in Britain taking secret payments from the EUSSR and/or Soros?.

So desperate are the EU

No Sirree, the EU do not interfere in Domestic Politics :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Not sure what you hope to achieve by speaking to these 2 no marks b
To prevent the UK leaving without a deal. Obviously.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
chuggafugga Brexit 18
Robbo_72 Brexit 50
retread2 Brexit 144

Latest Threads