Brexit - The Final

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I've heard of mumsnet and had a look just now.

Genuine question, has any Arrser ever got laid by going on there?
I have, but then I'm married to her.

Truxx

LE
Ohhh.

I remember that.

But can't remember why he had to go over there.

Last time I was there I was accused of being sexist for describing what went on in a Mess do. ie pulling the chair out for the ladies and pouring the port.
The probably thought that "pulling the chair out for the ladies and pouring the port" was a euphemism...

Durty scutters.

Which leaves open the question of whether the Tory party that emerges at t'other side of this will bear much resemblance to the party that existed previously.

Worst case (particularly if it remains sufficiently popular to govern) would be that it is transformed into an entity that encourages and facilitates economic liberalism/disaster capitalism (the Trump model, basically), in which the only two ways of playing the game are beggar-my-neighbour and devil-take-the-hindmost.

I doubt even Maggie T at her most "there's no such thing as society" would applaud.
Those options cast in stone, of course.

I'm not entirely sure this shambles is heading, but the commentary I'm reading is we are heading for a written constitution as its clear an unwritten one with (no joke intended here with the next statement).... parliamentary democracy doesnt work. Nor would it appear does collective responsibility either.

The problem we have however is they will never agree to a written constitution. As for the supreme court? Who the fcuk do we think we are? This is Great Britain not the United States of Bloody America. Another one to thank that prick Blair for. Last time we had a shambles like this, a few people lost their heads and we had a bit of a civil war.

I'm not sure if Queenie has the ability to intervene but perhaps she may want to invite the odd General or four around for hot chocolate and a fireside chat. Someone needs to close Parliament and start again and some politicians need taking for a ride over the North Sea in a Merlin.
You'd get more in a Fat Albert with the webbing removed and the ramp down. Just saying like....

Which leaves open the question of whether the Tory party that emerges at t'other side of this will bear much resemblance to the party that existed previously.
I'm sure that will be equally true for some of the other parties.

The Tories are shedding much of the liberal element so I think they will reposition themselves in the currently vacant slot at the centre-right of politics.

The Labour Party will continue to move farther left as Momentum strengthens its iron grip so Labour will become more and more extreme left wing, anti-Semitic, communist-lite.

The Lib Dems are now both illiberal and undemocratic having taken the decision to totally ignore the wishes of the 17.4 million voters who voted to leave the EU. They seriously think they have a chance of forming the next government with a majority which shows just how deluded they really are.

The yeSNP will be even more vehemently anti-Tory and will continue to bang the drum for another referendum.

The Green Party will carry on in the same vein full of moonhowling, bat-shit-crazy, tree-hugging yoghurt knitters.

Worst case (particularly if it remains sufficiently popular to govern) would be that it is transformed into an entity that encourages and facilitates economic liberalism/disaster capitalism (the Trump model, basically), in which the only two ways of playing the game are beggar-my-neighbour and devil-take-the-hindmost.

I doubt even Maggie T at her most "there's no such thing as society" would applaud.
The Torys have been long in need of a reset as they were crammed with the likes of Grieve and Clarke. One nation conservatism does not mean having the party filled with europhiles. The clue is in nation.

The Tories are shedding much of the liberal element so I think they will reposition themselves in the currently vacant slot at the centre-right of politics.

The Labour Party will continue to move farther left as Momentum strengthens its iron grip so Labour will become more and more extreme left wing, anti-Semitic, communist-lite.

The Lib Dems are now both illiberal and undemocratic having taken the decision to totally ignore the wishes of the 17.4 million voters who voted to leave the EU. They seriously think they have a chance of forming the next government with a majority which shows just how deluded they really are.

The yeSNP will be even more vehemently anti-Tory and will continue to bang the drum for another referendum.

The Green Party will carry on in the same vein full of moonhowling, bat-shit-crazy, tree-hugging yoghurt knitters.
That leaves the BREXIT party then as the only bunch of non nutters

The Tories are shedding much of the liberal element so I think they will reposition themselves in the currently vacant slot at the centre-right of politics
Not if JRM and chums continue to dictate the Tory agenda.

If centre-right is somewhere in the the clockface quadrant between 00:30 and 01:30, I'd see Moggie wanting to get a lot closer to 03:00!

The Tories are shedding much of the liberal element so I think they will reposition themselves in the currently vacant slot at the centre-right of politics. Well if they don't under Boris then they never will.

The Labour Party will continue to move farther left as Momentum strengthens its iron grip so Labour will become more and more extreme left wing, anti-Semitic, communist-lite. I hope so.

The Lib Dems are now both illiberal and undemocratic having taken the decision to totally ignore the wishes of the 17.4 million voters who voted to leave the EU. They seriously think they have a chance of forming the next government with a majority which shows just how deluded they really are. As the next GE will show them.

The yeSNP will be even more vehemently anti-Tory and will continue to bang the drum for another referendum. Lets hope that the rest of the UK doesn't get a vote on Scottish independence then.

The Green Party will carry on in the same vein full of moonhowling, bat-shit-crazy, tree-hugging yoghurt knitters. They will always be an insignificant fringe party.
Fixed

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
@Brotherton Lad

What are your plans post 31/10 wrt this website?

Your whole identity on here the past 2 years has been 'Brexit" and your obfuscations.
You used to be the 'go-to' person if any info or comment was required on all host of other subjects, and your input was well received and well regarded.
Nowadays you identify by only one topic.

What is your plan if we do exit with no deal on Oct 31st? It strikes me that a significant chunk of your time and effort will need replacing with something else.

As you say...this may very well be a "panto" and drag on and on. Have you planned an exit strategy if it doesn;'t and ends on the date agreed though?

This is a genuine question btw. Not trying to snipe.
Will you simply 'moonwalk' out of the Brexit threads and into Mil history or...

will you join mumsnet?
I'll still be here pointing out the stupidity of the fantasy.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
So you've binned being a useful poster and will just continue being a tedious troll. OK, whatever floats your boat between shifts.
I'm retired.

How is the Brexit slow motion train crash panning out for you, so far?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
chuggafugga Brexit 18
Robbo_72 Brexit 50
retread2 Brexit 144