Brexit - The Final

Again, a strong indication that Boris is seeking a deal, followed by a “one Nation” approach to healing the divisions within the electorate. I agree that if he gets a deal he may not push for an early election if he doesn’t have to, but will most probably focus on some popular and unifying policies...
Article about that here: "The landing zone" | Conservative Home

Personally, I would in extremis accept a WA as a starting point. Much as Ireland did after the War of Independence. Get out, even a bit out, and start from there.
I can't however see a WA getting through the HoC - who will compromise?

That's wishful thinking from a group still trying to influence the EU.
I would put as much faith in what they have to say as I do in Baggys drivel.
This chap has just been on LBC with Swarbrick hanging on his every word.
He actually repeated that 'Boris is fine with the WA minus the backstop.' I don't believe this to be the case.

That's it. Compromise to remainers means revoking A50 and staying in.
Thing is, I am with you in terms of being a committed leaver. That said, there isn't any evidence that we are going to 'no deal'. Unless Cummings has a realistic cunning plan, it is deal or stay in (depending on GE). Just get out, and we can keep getting further out over the next 30yrs.

Article about that here: "The landing zone" | Conservative Home

Personally, I would in extremis accept a WA as a starting point. Much as Ireland did after the War of Independence. Get out, even a bit out, and start from there.
I can't however see a WA getting through the HoC - who will compromise?
Definitely a risk, but if he has movement on the backstop this is the most contentious issue in the public mind. It would be hard for the opposition to argue that they could get a better one.

Voting it down would be deeply unpopular with all those (including the E.U.) who now want BREXIT done and dusted.

Well that is the Islington set sorted out, the French have stockpiled a years worth of champers in dear old blighty, despite Brexit. Some of these foreign johnnys are quite sound you know.

Thing is, I am with you in terms of being a committed leaver. That said, there isn't any evidence that we are going to 'no deal'. Unless Cummings has a realistic cunning plan, it is deal or stay in (depending on GE). Just get out, and we can keep getting further out over the next 30yrs.
Any foot still in the EU camp will give the remainers sufficient oxygen to keep remaining and will cost us dearly.
I had 40 years of the CM/EEC/EU not giving a flying feck about my wanting to leave and watching the elected buffoons of Westminster signing off more and more of our sovereign status whilst milking us in ever increasing sums and not giving us the opportunity to decide that we have gone too far.

Again, a strong indication that Boris is seeking a deal
I was listening to Amber Rudd on the Today program this morning. Her perspective (as a friend of Boris, and as someone attending the no-deal planning meetings) was that all the focus was on no-deal, and insufficient effort put towards getting a deal.

When pushed, she said that she believed that Boris wanted a deal, she just didn't believe he was really doing much about actually getting one.

Social Democrats have a place in the big tent, but need to be reminded, we are not all the same and a real democracy tries to accommodate all views and peoples. In a sense, show a little respect. Which is probably what is missing both from them and those in the opposing camp who have adopted the progressive relentless approach to re enter the public debate.

Too many have been having it their way for too long hiding away from criticism behind made up ism's and other marxist malarky, Society has been hanging its backside out for the left and they have managed to make a complete hemoroid of it, turning everything upside down and inside out...Now they don't like it becasue people are challenging the narrative.

They can't even see past their own ignorance and sense of self righteousness, Which is why i personaly call them out at every opportunity with mockery, memes and whatever else.
Do i see them getting better, quite the contrary, they are getting regressively worse.
When the hemoroid bursts, it's going to mess their party and will no doubt be somebody elses fault.

Happy days eh.

So, when are we going to see the governemnt communications and contingency plans between Westminster and Brussels, Particularly during the periods 1991-92 and 2006-07.
More importantly, when are the court cases going to be filed against those involved?

Brexit is the symptom of Massricht and Lisbon, this needs to be investigated.

Hopefully, my call to Sir Nige gets through tonight.

I was listening to Amber Rudd on the Today program this morning. Her perspective (as a friend of Boris, and as someone attending the no-deal planning meetings) was that all the focus was on no-deal, and insufficient effort put towards getting a deal.

When pushed, she said that she believed that Boris wanted a deal, she just didn't believe he was really doing much about actually getting one.
I’d argue that at this stage it has to be a convincing pantomime (to quote BL) to prevent the opposition having a single option to block.

Also, the greater the Remain noise about not leaving without a deal, the more they will have to swallow if he actually gets one.

In truth, I know no more than the next man, but studying the run of play so far leads me to this conclusion.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Haven’t watched the news today, haven’t read any news either. Spent the day pottering around and watching the cricket.

Funnily enough I’m in a very good mood this evening. Just saying, thank you.

Any foot still in the EU camp will give the remainers sufficient oxygen to keep remaining and will cost us dearly.
I had 40 years of the CM/EEC/EU not giving a flying feck about my wanting to leave and watching the elected buffoons of Westminster signing off more and more of our sovereign status whilst milking us in ever increasing sums and not giving us the opportunity to decide that we have gone too far.
Serious question:would you choose a compromise WA, or no Brexit?

Chap on the radio yesterday who is heavily involved in transport logistics, former chief of Dover Port. There is a solid plan now (as of Tuesday) to have 150 pop up check points all across UK to check paperwork to ensure that lorries are port ready. Lorry and logistic companies only move stuff to and from, it's up to the exporter to have completed the paperwork. If the vehicle isn't port ready it doesn't get into Kent. He stated that we should expect no problems exporting as usual, if you live in France you'll get your Caerphilly cheese as usual in Carrefour. He couldn't comment on whether you'll get your favourite brie in Tesco or not for the first couple of weeks.
He was very very firm that talk of starvation, no drugs Etc is absolute nonsense.

For all it is fashionable to complain about government departments, they are all very much on top of this.
I am not the only transport manager on Arrse so others here can confirm, there are frequent and comprehensive updates on everything from trailer registrations to driver CPC qualifications in the EU etc.

I do wonder if the paddies are quite so prepared though.
Probably bucks the trend a little around here to actually give a toss about how the Irish fare from Brexit but they stand to be hurt pretty badly and I don't think little Leo's government has a grip on it.
I believe 80% of Irish exports pass through UK ports, if the EU makes commercial transit between UK and EU difficult Ireland is going to suffer pretty severely as collateral damage

Last edited:
Not an option this side of a general election...
I beg to disagree, given the fatuous response from the EU. Bearing in mind they've already backed the wrong horse with Corbyn and said so and they are again trying to pull the rug from under johno, when he says there is a deal that can be done. Ireland and the EU are lying toerags and the EU have already said they are preparing for a no deal. Johnno need not even bother putting the options in the manifesto. "We will not be blamed for this"....well er yes and thrice yes you will.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
chuggafugga Brexit 61
Red Hander Brexit 58
deanol Brexit 189

Latest Threads