Brexit - The Final

What was that Dig for Victory message all about? Remind me again. ;-)
Something about no food coming from Europe during world war 2 ;-) Talking of tomatoes and lettuce, I grew up in Aberdeen and we didn't see any of that stuff in the winter (Oct - May) and precious little in the summer.
If we ever went for a meal out (a real treat back in the day) my grandmother would have a cold meat salad, but no green stuff WTF??!!

EU officials regret getting into bed with Remainers
Bruno Waterfield
September 12 2019, 12:01am, The Times
One Brussels source said the EU had “made mistakes” with Labour and was now horrified at Jeremy Corbyn’s position

One Brussels source said the EU had “made mistakes” with Labour and was now horrified at Jeremy Corbyn’s positionDARIO PIGNATELLI/BLOOMBERG /GETTY IMAGES
European Union officials and diplomats are “tearing their hair out” at the twists and turns of Labour’s “mad” Brexit policy and regret past tactical alliances with Remain campaigners.
One Brussels source close to negotiations said the EU had “made mistakes” with Labour and was now horrified at the party’s convoluted position as political chaos in Westminster raises the prospect of Jeremy Corbyn taking the keys to Downing Street.
“They want us to negotiate a ‘credible’ deal and then they will campaign against it in a referendum? That is mad. How can we negotiate with people like that?” an EU source said. “Their divisions and magical thinking are as bad as anything the Conservatives produced — perhaps worse.”
The source expressed regrets that links with Sir Keir Starmer, the shadow Brexit secretary, had helped shape Labour tactics that backfired by contributing to three defeats for Theresa May’s withdrawal agreement.
There is growing belief among officials that hardline Remain supporters, such as Sir Keir, have helped create a political crisis that has rebounded on the EU by unravelling the deal.

Officials regret not cultivating other Labour MPs who support a withdrawal agreement to avoid alienating their party’s voters who backed Leave in northern and Welsh constituencies by campaigning to reverse Brexit.
“It would have been better to talk to sensible MPs like Stephen Kinnock or Lisa Nandy who want an agreement,” said the source.

More widely, European governments now believe that it has been a mistake to back Remainers such as Tony Blair and Lord Mandelson, who have links in Brussels and Paris, in their efforts to use delays to the Brexit deadline to keep Britain inside the EU.
Donald Tusk, the president of the European Council, has been active in encouraging Remain campaigners to press for extensions to the Article 50 process culminating in the recent House of Commons legislation to prevent a no-deal Brexit this week.
President Macron held private meetings with Mr Blair this year to offer a two-year delay to Brexit, in order to give Remainers the chance to reverse the 2016 referendum.
“Remainers in the EU once saw merit in extension because it kept Britain in the EU. That is changing and it is changing fast in the capitals,” a senior EU diplomat said.
“It has not been helpful and has been a get out jail free card allowing the Westminster parliament to think they do not have to take responsibility for the withdrawal agreement.”
In essence: they regret not cultivating other Labour MPs; translation:we backed the wrong lot.

Cnuts.

It's germain to the discussion of what food we can eat when they blockade the ports and we are fighting for the last loaf.
You'll thank us when we are out!
Chap on the radio yesterday who is heavily involved in transport logistics, former chief of Dover Port. There is a solid plan now (as of Tuesday) to have 150 pop up check points all across UK to check paperwork to ensure that lorries are port ready. Lorry and logistic companies only move stuff to and from, it's up to the exporter to have completed the paperwork. If the vehicle isn't port ready it doesn't get into Kent. He stated that we should expect no problems exporting as usual, if you live in France you'll get your Caerphilly cheese as usual in Carrefour. He couldn't comment on whether you'll get your favourite brie in Tesco or not for the first couple of weeks.
He was very very firm that talk of starvation, no drugs Etc is absolute nonsense.

Something about no food coming from Europe during world war 2 ;-) Talking of tomatoes and lettuce, I grew up in Aberdeen and we didn't see any of that stuff in the winter (Oct - May) and precious little in the summer.
If we ever went for a meal out (a real treat back in the day) my grandmother would have a cold meat salad, but no green stuff WTF??!!
There's a company in the UK, supermarket supplier, plants a million lettuce a DAY automatic with a no-driver rig. Enough lettuce can be produced to supply our needs. (Other veg available,) :cool:

Dredd

LE
The fact that it includes two pictures of what I can only imagine is a diseased and disfigured unicorn tells me all I need to know:

a. About the person who wrote it.

and

b. The sort of person who would agree with it.
You don't see it as a representation of the farcical situation that we find ourselves in where there are actually only two positions as it currently stands, and yet Parliament has voted against both in the hope that this would make those who are trying to fulfill the stated will of the people as an impossibility and simply give up?

Tell me, what is the other option not already stated?

Chap on the radio yesterday who is heavily involved in transport logistics, former chief of Dover Port. There is a solid plan now (as of Tuesday) to have 150 pop up check points all across UK to check paperwork to ensure that lorries are port ready. Lorry and logistic companies only move stuff to and from, it's up to the exporter to have completed the paperwork. If the vehicle isn't port ready it doesn't get into Kent. He stated that we should expect no problems exporting as usual, if you live in France you'll get your Caerphilly cheese as usual in Carrefour. He couldn't comment on whether you'll get your favourite brie in Tesco or not for the first couple of weeks.
He was very very firm that talk of starvation, no drugs Etc is absolute nonsense.
Of course the remain thrust is 'we're all doomed' due to the Brexit voters being thick ignorant old twats!
So exbluejob to know that middle England the City elite will not have a denuded cheese board makes this all good. The French scoff and booze industry have been trading on culinary mediocrity for a long time hopefully this might cause them to up their game.

Brexit_Pride

Old-Salt
I look forward to the return of rationing cards, Anderson shelters and a sense of national pride and togetherness.

I shall be supplementing my nutritional intake by covering yhalf acre behind the house with a selection of root vegetable plantations to make a few quid with on the black market. Don't take me for a spiv mind. All in the national interest

I look forward to the return of rationing cards, Anderson shelters and a sense of national pride and togetherness.

I shall be supplementing my nutritional intake by covering yhalf acre behind the house with a selection of root vegetable plantations to make a few quid with on the black market. Don't take me for a spiv mind. All in the national interest

You can’t dig up the people behind your squalid bedsits garden.

Niamac

GCM
OK it's important not to take our eye of the ball so close to Brexit.

It is of completely paramount importance that we achieve Brexit before January 2020 as that's when the new EU money laundering and anti tax evasion comes into force.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ho2331 Brexit 50
chuggafugga Brexit 70
Red Hander Brexit 58

Latest Threads