Brexit - The Final

Let's be honest. There is no longer a recognisable strategy on either side. There may well be objectives, but their plans are completely derailed. What we now have is both sides standing toe to toe and slugging at each other like fat boxers whose eyes have been closed by the swellings brought on by repeated blows.

Dominic Cummings is not standing in the shadows, his fingers clasped, twiddling his thumbs while cackling quietly over his cunning plan. Grieve and Hammond are not relaxing in their chairs, stroking their Persian cats Blofeld-like.

All they have left is the hope that their side doesn't lose.

This is now a slugfest, which will only end when one of them collapses or the bell rings.
Remain strategy: ruthless PR, spin & campaign to overturn result in any form.

Government: stand fast & repel further legal challenges & ideally focus on some kind of a deal that will be DUP & HoC approved.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

What are the chances of that headline being streamed across the bottom of the BBC Breaking News banner? :-x
The Beeb are in full on cream themselves mode today, it's all about the Scottish Court ruling and the 'pressure' building on Boris to recall parliament. :roll:
They have completely failed to follow up on the fact that today's ruling has not yet been ratified, won't be until Friday and in any case is being appealed next Tuesday. So there is no need for anyone to return to parliament just yet, despite all the cross party* show ponies parading themselves on the screen outside the locked doors at Westminster.

Government of National Unity my arse!
We both know it'll be full blown Scottish Court reject PM prorogued & the usual suspects being interviewed with candy floss outrage.

I did enjoy the BBC Simon McCoy Nigel Evans interview earlier today though.

Have to admit, this is bloody marvellous practice for the vocabulary!

بوريس جونسون
Boris Johnson is the new one, Brexit was great to try and transliterate.
My new word of the day

انفصال
("Infusual")
Schism, Breakup, seperation
Screenshot 2019-09-11 at 15.26.57.png

We both know it'll be full blown Scottish Court reject PM prorogued & the usual suspects being interviewed with candy floss outrage.

I did enjoy the BBC Simon McCoy Nigel Evans interview earlier today though.

Nigel Evans is playing a lone hand at the moment on the Brexit side and is always good value. He clearly has the nod from Team Boris to put himself out there (if you get my drift)!

No. Select committees have no authority to sit after Prorogation. They still did, though, informally.
wrong, it's only before a general election when they may not be elected again. During period of a parliament, i.e between elections they continue to hold the positions their parties selected them to. Boris did say that the prorogation was for the purposes of a Queens speech. But since the Scottish courts have crossed the political divide hey what next- perhaps wee nikki will declare UDI or perhaps she will say that Edinburgh now seats Parliament. Who knows in the land where the bong tree grows. All I know is an English Parliament is closer than ever before.

At the moment the Scots judges are only going on surmise, conjecture and some redacted and unredacted documents. They actually have no idea what information was given to the queen by the privy council. JRM has already said that discussions with the queen are private. Unless they can force the queen or one of the privy counsellors to tell them what was said then they actually do not and can not know.

What are the chances of that headline being streamed across the bottom of the BBC Breaking News banner? :-x
The Beeb are in full on cream themselves mode today, it's all about the Scottish Court ruling and the 'pressure' building on Boris to recall parliament. :roll:
They have completely failed to follow up on the fact that today's ruling has not yet been ratified, won't be until Friday and in any case is being appealed next Tuesday. So there is no need for anyone to return to parliament just yet, despite all the cross party* show ponies parading themselves on the screen outside the locked doors at Westminster.

Government of National Unity my arse!
My malicious side half wishes for a GNU led by Corbyn, to sit back and watch the BBC et al try and justify it in the national interest and watch the first polls.. It would put all the elements I think are anti-British in one camp and fits neatly into my agenda of 'we need to reform this shower of sh*** root and branch'..

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
well I can't wait to see the evisceration of Corbyn at the party conference.
By whom? I would think that McD's Stasi are controlling the admission tickets.

Labour just want anarchy so that the people will vote for extremists like the modern XXXLW Labour Party , they're playing straight out of the Goebbels play book right down to blaming the Jews for everything

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ho2331 Brexit 50
chuggafugga Brexit 70
Red Hander Brexit 58

Latest Threads