Brexit - The Final

Isn’t it a pity that the Iraq war and our troops sent to Afghanistan wasn’t scrutinised as much as this fiasco?

God I’m pissed off. And that Starmer is a little greasy slimy lefty toad, any one know why and how he got a knighthood?
Former Director of Public Prosecutions - it goes with the job...

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Former Director of Public Prosecutions - it goes with the job...
Well with my experience of the CPS I can state he wasn’t very good at that either.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Ref your last line, so is Grieve.
Beeb doing well at the moment. Loads of Cherry, Grieve, the slimy "I believe in democracy" frogspawn on every couple of minutes, McLuskey dribbling all over the place. Oh, and a quick burst of some bloke called Davey. Nothing like a bit of balance.Eh?
I think that is partly because the Brexiteers will be keeping a low profile at the moment - let Remain get all confident again then burst their bubble - once more! Job jobbed!

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
I think that is partly because the Brexiteers will be keeping a low profile at the moment - let Remain get all confident again then burst their bubble - once more! Job jobbed!
They're looking for the best ditch.

The judges are assuming the Government's intentions as being to restrict Parliament. Lord Young even says as much. Sufficient room to drive a coach and horses through that argument.

I find it interesting that a mere court has in effect overruled the Monarch. Prorogation was directed by the Queen. The Queen acted on constitutionally-binding advice, but ultimately, on her own (absolute) authority. For the court to direct that the Queen's actions were unlawful is dangerous territory.

Lastly, for a Scottish court to regulate the actions of the Scottish Parliament seems appropriate. For a Scottish court to regulate the actions of a UK-wide parliament seems inappropriate.

The fabric of the UK's democratic institutions is crumbling. It seems that the freedoms that millions fought for and have been established over centuries are the very enablers of that destruction.

A court overruling the Queen?
Parliament refusing to implement the requirements of a referendum?
Parliament passing legislation to direct its leader against his will?
The Government being defeated in a request for an election because of that?

What an unholy mess.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
This ended feudal tenure on land/property, and essentially made all land/property freehold.

England/Wales has some catching up to do, as land/property is still commonly leasehold title.
Aye, the Church of Scotland were not that best pleased. :eek:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ho2331 Brexit 50
chuggafugga Brexit 70
Red Hander Brexit 58

Latest Threads