Brexit - The Final

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Very different negotiating tactics from BoJo.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/25/boris-johnson-no-deal-uk-brexit-divorce-bill
Boris Johnson has said the £39bn Brexit divorce bill would not “strictly speaking” be owed to Brussels in full in the event of no deal, insisting: “It’s not a threat. It’s a reality.” Speaking to broadcasters as he prepared to meet the European council president, Donald Tusk, at the G7 summit in Biarritz, Johnson said: “If we come out without an agreement it is certainly true that the £39bn is no longer, strictly speaking, owed.”
I doubt it's escaped BoJo's and Cumming's notice that the Brexit bill was the first thing the EU wanted settled - before negotiations for the WA even started. Therefore it must have been one of the most important things for the EU.

The reason for that is obvious. As soon as the UK stops ponying up £8.6 billion net a year, either countries have to pay more - moving at least 6 - 8 countries from net recipients to net contributors to the EU. Or the EU has to cut back on programs with EU stamped all over them. Either option will be unpopular with member states.

The EU had May over a barrel. She couldn't envisage life without a deal and a close connection to the single market - with all that implied about keeping EU rules and tax levels.

BoJo has quite correctly seen that the UK's future is trading with the rest of the word - 85% of world trade compared to the EU's steadily shrinking and now minuscule 15% share. He's also worked out that trading with the US and Commonwealth is getting on for three times as big a market as the EU. As BoJo has no interest in remaining in the single market and is willing and able to rapidly sign trade deals with the rest of the world, the EU has no hold over the UK. Which is why BoJo is (diplomatically) thumbing his nose at them.

Now why couldn't we negotiate like that in the first place?

Wordsmith

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
View attachment 412776

Point 3.
Have you realised it's you yet, Mr mashed potato head?
Care to link to what 'changes' were made and to what, instead of making life up, you blarney stone licking buffoon.
Yes it’s all there. From one who’s followed and stalked me all over the place. I’ve said it before. It shouldn’t be too difficult for you to find, if not you, someone.

Again and from repetition it had something to do with ‘taxation, neutrality and family matters’ there could be more. But the changes were certainly not insubstantial.

I take it the ‘Blarney Stone licking buffoon’, is just more humour?

‘A Blarney Stone licking buffoon’, oh tell me you didn’t.. Or better still. Tell me you did. It probably tasted familiar.

You’re probably the sort of person who took the piss out of the people in the carry out before you got your food.

Motorcyclehelmet.

You’re probably the sort of person who took the piss out of the people in the carry out before you got your food.
What is a 'carry out'?
We have Eastern Europeans to deliver food to our front door these days, removing the necessity to watch the freak show that is a 'take away'.
As the Easty beasties disappear, we'll employ out of work Paddies from the RoI to do our menial tasks on temporary work visas so they leave their families at home in the bog and at night, live in a cardboard box.
You seem a bit triggered lately. You seem to consider people responding to your drivel are somehow 'following you around'.
See point 9 below....that's you that is, Mr Potato head.
word salad.JPG

What is a 'carry out'?
We have Eastern Europeans to deliver food to our front door these days, removing the necessity to watch the freak show that is a 'take away'.
As the Easty beasties disappear, we'll employ out of work Paddies from the RoI to do our menial tasks on temporary work visas so they leave their families at home in the bog and at night, live in a cardboard box.
You seem a bit triggered lately. You seem to consider people responding to your drivel are somehow 'following you around'.
See point 9 below....that's you that is, Mr Potato head.
View attachment 412800

You laugh, but remember, nipping over courtesy of the CTA to the UK for a job has always been Irelands economic safety valve when the Dail makes an arse of the economy.
What to do after a no deal Brexit makes the 2008 crash look like amateur night.

Non EU migration seems to have increased somewhat. Strange how that can be if we have a points based system
The inference I drew from this is that you think EU immigrants (ie, those coming into the country as opposed to ‘migrants’- those who are leaving) are more likely to make the necessary points than non-EU immigrants. Why?

I think someone should remind @irlsgt that according to Mr. Non, and many others within the EU, that..................

"Nothing is agreed until everything is agreed."
I wonder if he's reflecting about taking that stance now?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Anything happened yet, chaps? Or is Johnson still the new Messiah?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
chuggafugga Brexit 61
Red Hander Brexit 58
deanol Brexit 189

Latest Threads