Brexit - The Final

Be honest! Only the two parties can work this out together, not one party alone. And the WA with the backstop isn't the solution. There should be a solution both parties can live with. Something without "We finally turned them into a colony and that was our plan from the first moment ."
Victim by association.

We’ve told them we’re leaving, we’ve told them we’re not building border infrastructure- been there, done that. If they wish to “protect” their customs area, they’ll bloody well have to sort something out.
We’re offering to do it in partnership- they’re saying there’s no room for negotiation. If they truly give a shit about maintaining the approximation of peace currently enjoyed in Ireland, they need to stop using the place as a means to disrupt Brexit.
The backstop, as already pointed out, was a concession. It was all going great until the DUP kiboshed it. I wouldn't be at all shocked to lose NI over this. If their economy suffers they may say "feck it, at least the papes know where we are."

Evening Special.

Typo schmipo.

You're the subject of public ridicule for the metronomic, fury-induced illiteracy, far exceeding the odd typo, which you display whenever your latest edifice of Remainer shoite is obliterated by those who are better informed (everyone else).

It has been much in evidence of late and I cannot wait for the crescendo of cr@p, with the attendant linguistic holocaust, that will surely be the defining feature of Graculus in October.

Meantime, have a hug.
Started early on the w(h)ine? Typo Finder General's a suitable name and you come running. Good lad.

Quick!
Someone post a link to 'The New European' or another remain truth site....or better still, a tweet from someone, an expert, or someone who wants the IRA to blow up the government, 'cos #FBPE init, or if you're a celebrity, why not call for protesters to throw acid instead of milk.

new european.jpg

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
The people of NI take it seriously, how about giving them a referendum on it? ;-)

The backstop is not an exercise of EU control but an EU concession. This is a point the Minister now in charge of no-deal planning, Michael Gove, repeatedly stressed in his previous role.

What Boris Johnson and the Brexiteers get wrong about the backstop
Surely not even you can be that stupid?

Do not you understand the basic dynamics of high tariff zones and low tariff zones and what happens when the high tariff zone can't control the inward flow of goods from a low tariff zone?

Quick!
Someone post a link to 'The New European' or another remain truth site....or better still, a tweet from someone, an expert, or someone who wants the IRA to blow up the government, 'cos #FBPE init, or if you're a celebrity, why not call for protesters to throw acid instead of milk.
That imaginary acid still stinging? Try more oil.

Surely not even you can be that stupid?

Do not you understand the basic dynamics of high tariff zones and low tariff zones and what happens when the high tariff zone can't control the inward flow of goods from a low tariff zone?
Which low tariff zone would this be?

NI voted remain. Their reasons for doing so, I respect. However, the majority across the UK voted leave. Sadly, if NI won't accept that, then the 6 have to decide if they're going to stay with the UK or be subsumed back into the original 32.

Can't have it both ways, Skid: you're Brit/N Irish or you're going to be completely Irish. Unity has it sacrifices as well as its benefits. Just think, the S. Irish health & welfare systems beckon as a Brucie Bonus!
NI needs to decide whether it wants to stay in the EU more than it wants to stay in the UK. We can't have the tail wagging the dog.

If it wants to stay in the EU it should ask, by way of referendum, to leave the UK and unify with the RoI. That's if the RoI will have it. If not it could always go for complete independence and seek to join the EU as an independent country. It might take a while.

Get your facts straight, the EU have made this a problem, not the UK.
I see. "We can't figure out how to solve our problem - I know, let's blame it on someone else!"

We have a currently working solution to the international treaty, and open border - a Customs Union. It is us who have decided to leave that Customs Union, and yet you believe that it is the EU causing all the problems?

Hello, Kwik-Fit? I've taken the wheels off my car. It's your fault that my car won't drive!

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Fraser creates new deals out of old news, I fear for his sanity. He forgets that this will leave us under the auspices of the ECJ, not convenient to remember it today I suppose
You should tell him this. I'm sure he'll be deeply troubled - or not.

People read what he writes and he gets paid for it, whereas people read what you write and laugh.

I see. "We can't figure out how to solve our problem - I know, let's blame it on someone else!"

We have a currently working solution to the international treaty, and open border - a Customs Union. It is us who have decided to leave that Customs Union, and yet you believe that it is the EU causing all the problems?

Hello, Kwik-Fit? I've taken the wheels off my car. It's your fault that my car won't drive!
Did you vote to remain in 2016?
Why would you do that?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Which low tariff zone would this be?
The UK, which has been the primary free trade champion within the EU. This is one of the reasons why the likes of Scandinavia, the Netherlands and Germany are rather concerned about what Brexit does to the balance of the argument.

You should tell him this. I'm sure he'll be deeply troubled - or not.

People read what he writes and he gets paid for it, whereas people read what you write and laugh.
People read the Beano and its writers get paid. It's also better informed and more honest than the Tele. His fiction is entertaining though.

The UK, which has been the primary free trade champion within the EU. This is one of the reasons why the likes of Scandinavia, the Netherlands and Germany are rather concerned about what Brexit does to the balance of the argument.
When did this happen then?

Some great posts today Gracs.
Don't let any turn you away from you dreams, mash away. I like ambition and people who know their limits.

syrup

LE
So the imposition of Brexit (if it happens) and leads to the break up of the union. It’s not the brexiters fault.
It’s everyone else’s. Truly the ways of the Brexit believers are strange.
But Brexit and the DUP may yet achieve something I really thought I’d never see in my lifetime. Or ever give another second thought to.

If Remain and Corbyn bring down the Government and seize power by promising everyone an Independence referendum will that be the Brexiteers fault also?
Or do you think Sinn Fein and the Scots and Welsh Nationalist won't demand referendums

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ho2331 Brexit 59
chuggafugga Brexit 70
Red Hander Brexit 63

Latest Threads