Brexit - The Final

Try Derry, there’s lots and they’re only sort of mental compared to elsewhere.
I met this 40 year old Irish gal (when I was 31/31 - can't remember now) at Duck and Waffle while randomly having drinks with some colleagues after work....she looked good and we chatted up, with her taking the initiative (weirdly)....as I was likely drunk. And woke up in the morning in a hotel room...long story. I still can't actually remember what happened. Only thing I know . is she was was Co.Cork.

I met this 40 year old Irish gal (when I was 31/31 - can't remember now) at Duck and Waffle while randomly having drinks with some colleagues after work....she looked good and we chatted up, with her taking the initiative (weirdly)....as I was likely drunk. And woke up in the morning in a hotel room...long story. I still can't actually remember what happened. Only thing I know . is she was was Co.Cork.
Bravo Bravo walt (yes that is an insult).

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Since taking up post, BoJo has moved from a position of :-

the backstop must be dropped, I won't talk to Eu leaders until they have dropped the backstop.

To a position of:- flying in and knocking on their door.

Merkel has cleverly killed BoJo's narrative dead, by passing the parcel to him. BoJo will be flying home with the backstop problem in his lap. It is now his baby!

Maybe, he should give Davis a bell ,he was bristling with solutions!
Your conclusion must have been reached by watching news from the Planet Zog!

Nigerian passports do not come as a single item for a single person.
They come in many multiples involving differing names, legends and places of issue for that same single person.
Don't you have any in East London any more?
I should contact the Nigerian consulate/ embassy for details then..;)

I sense Merkel is quite astute and now realises that realpolitik is the best solution for deutschland.
To be honest I think you are wrong there. At the presser Boris got in his 'we can do this' dig at her utter feckup over the space doctors, and she ad libbed a 'yeah couldn't do it in two years but lets spank it out in 30 days' back at ya.

Boris has now made her off the cuff comment at the presser by his pushing it today in Paris 'a thing' and can run with it. 30 days, set in stone by the Hun. Their idea. Blocks the remain ******* and all he has to do is hand over a working paper on how the soft border will work in a months time, right after Leo/EU hand over theirs, as it clearly requires both to play ball.

What? No effort on your side? Well gadzooks and cripes, thought you chaps were playing with a straight bat etc, at which point far too late to do anything other than feck them off on no deal.

To be honest I think you are wrong there. At the presser Boris got in his 'we can do this' dig at her utter feckup over the space doctors, and she ad libbed a 'yeah couldn't do it in two years but lets spank it out in 30 days' back at ya.

Boris has now made her off the cuff comment at the presser by his pushing it today in Paris 'a thing' and can run with it. 30 days, set in stone by the Hun. Their idea. Blocks the remain ******* and all he has to do is hand over a working paper on how the soft border will work in a months time, right after Leo/EU hand over theirs, as it clearly requires both to play ball.

What? No effort on your side? Well gadzooks and cripes, thought you chaps were playing with a straight bat etc, at which point far too late to do anything other than feck them off on no deal.
What would have been your preferred outcome?

What would have been your preferred outcome?
That is my preferred outcome. Whatever gets us over the line on 31/10 is fine. Then we can start talking seriously with the nations of the EU27 without Barnier and more importantly remainers.

Which rather makes one wonder why its being discussed at all. How are 600+ British MPs and the representatives and parliaments of 26 other nations expected to review a revised WA in c.30 days?

You probably couldn't even do a basic UK house sale and completion before 31 Oct, let alone draft legal terms to decide the political and economic fate of a nation for a generation or more.
Because BJ will be found out

That's my take, too. Stick a bit of lipstick on XPMTM's WA and try and get it through Parliament. If it fails again the ball is back in his court.

Essentially that is what yesterday and today were about, in my opinion.
You think ?

I think the ball will be very much in the out on the 31 October court. Which is nothing to do with Johnson and everything to do with UK Law.

Must try harder

Too soon to say. Ask me again when anything of substance happens. The last two days were merely a reiteration of the existing situation.
No. Boris was being criticised for solely making plans for a no deal Brexit without any attempt at renewing negotiations. This trip negates those whinges- it is pointless and thankless but he has reiterated our position regarding the unacceptable backstop- it’s up to the EU whether they want to accommodate us.
His time has been much more constructively spent making plans for no deal. Business leaders who were uneasy at Theresa May’s inertia have some confidence that this debilitating impasse will soon be over.
The problem is that you are so emotionally invested in the issue that it has blinded you to the simple truth that if, for argument’s sake, you won this fight... the country would be a poorer place for it than our leaving the EU ten times over could ever make it.

I'm enjoying the Remain hysteria climbing higher and higher.
You're displaying your shit observational skills for all to see.

No. Boris was being criticised for solely making plans for a no deal Brexit without any attempt at renewing negotiations. This trip negates those whinges- it is pointless and thankless but he has reiterated our position regarding the unacceptable backstop- it’s up to the EU whether they want to accommodate us.
His time has been much more constructively spent making plans for no deal. Business leaders who were uneasy at Theresa May’s inertia have some confidence that this debilitating impasse will soon be over.
The problem is that you are so emotionally invested in the issue that it has blinded you to the simple truth that if, for argument’s sake, you won this fight... the country would be a poorer place for it than our leaving the EU ten times over could ever make it.
Merkel pushed it right back at him, it isn't about a deal, it's about the blame game.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
chuggafugga Brexit 61
Red Hander Brexit 58
deanol Brexit 189

Latest Threads