Brexit - The Final

Stop brexit and return to normality...we don't need any of this shite...can't believe that there are still mongs out there who think it is "worth it"....worth what exactly? Boris is happy, Gove is happy...senile losers have given these fools the power to inflict carnage under the clown's mask of democracy. Self harm cannot be part of any democracy. That a bunch of idiots can harm the security and prosperity of hundreds of millions because they were deluded during a brief campaign of lies. Now they say things like "worst case scenario"...when all scenarios based upon reason are bad. No scenarios exist that show that we will benefit from brexit... Only hopes and fantasies...

Denial in the face of reality will not save us from this totally unnecessary mess. If you are a mong leave your usual mark of confirmation for our records. Thanks.
you are deffo the bloke with the megaphone

And constantly undermining her. No shocks there.

Truly through the looking glass.
As I understand it, YELLOWHAMMER contains the worst case scenario. MDCOA as it were. There's also a whole host of other possibilities enclosed within I believe.

It's called good planning.

Alas mongs don't realise that and are taking everything in there as gospel.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
BBC are full on Project Fear this morning. Former head of the Civil Service, who admits to being a "let's have another referendum" fan and is allowed to push, without challenge, the article posted over the weekend listing all the 'potentisl' issues of No Deal !

John McDonnell permitted to make unchallenged political statements and telling us how great Jezza is. Any poor challenge was just batted aside and he continued with his statement, as that is what it sounded like!

Also the news that house sales are up is the fault of Brexit. Personally I don't see how buying now will save anything. Surely if they wait for the exodus of Remainers house prices will plummet!

No change from the BBC in the lead up to brexit.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
For Factortame not HS2, you do get that?

The HS2 obiter was this:

It is, putting the point at its lowest, certainly arguable (and it is for United Kingdom law and courts to determine) that there may be fundamental principles, whether contained in other constitutional instruments or recognised at common law, of which Parliament when it enacted the European Communities Act 1972 did not either contemplate or authorise the abrogation.

Explained by Elliott with this:

This analysis has practical implications for the primacy of EU law. It has always been clear that that primacy is qualified in the sense that, as a matter of domestic constitutional law, Parliament is free to derogate from EU law provided it makes its intention sufficiently clear. However, the views advanced by Lords Neuberger and Mance in HS2 suggest that the primacy of EU law within the UK system may be more qualified than has so far been appreciated. In particular, it suggests that the “constitutional” status of the ECA does not conclusively establish that EU law prevails over everything except an explicitly-inconsistent Act of Parliament. Instead, the extent of EU law’s qualified primacy is, on this analysis, delimited by other constitutional measures—including (some) other “constitutional” legislation, and perhaps (some) common-law constitutional rights and principles—whose claim to constitutional fundamentality may prove more compelling than that of the ECA itself.

As explained years ago, as an obiter it was more than anything a shot across the bows of the ECJ from the Supreme Court, who are more than capable of looking after justice in the UK

Truly fascinating to see someone pull something from the background as the main point, did you just see what you wanted to?
The principle wasn't tested so there's nothing of substance, simply an interesting view. Look at the number of qualifiers in the passage you quoted which I've highlighted.

The primacy of EU law was established by treaty and recognised by the ECA. No amount of legal tap dancing round peripheral issues changes that essential fact.

Stop brexit and return to normality...we don't need any of this shite...can't believe that there are still mongs out there who think it is "worth it"....worth what exactly? Boris is happy, Gove is happy...senile losers have given these fools the power to inflict carnage under the clown's mask of democracy. Self harm cannot be part of any democracy. That a bunch of idiots can harm the security and prosperity of hundreds of millions because they were deluded during a brief campaign of lies. Now they say things like "worst case scenario"...when all scenarios based upon reason are bad. No scenarios exist that show that we will benefit from brexit... Only hopes and fantasies...

Denial in the face of reality will not save us from this totally unnecessary mess. If you are a mong leave your usual mark of confirmation for our records. Thanks.
Keep taking the pills.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Which is why he’s doing what he said he wasn’t going to do. Go to Europe, convince them to give him something he can sell to brexiters as a win.

Stay on as PM, and continue trading with some fancy new name. Not wreck the economy, cause social and economic chaos and slip the Eu a few bob as ‘transitional payments’.

We stay in the Eu, giving our new position a fancy new title, (something crusaderish to make the brexiters think they’ve got something) and if the european leaders ask how he’s going to get this one past the brexiters. All he has to to is point at a bus and say ‘I sold them that, I can sell them this’.

If they still aren’t convinced, Johnson can show them his original pro remain article for the Telegraph and remind them that he’s got Cummings working for him. Cummings who was a remainer, who’s family still receive CAP money and is detested by Farage,
Going to Europe is good politics. Johnson has to show that he's willing to talk and that he did everything he could to reach an equitable agreement.

He could try to be as cynical as you suggest but I doubt there would be any shortage of critics willing to point that out, in which case The Brexit Party would hand the Tories another shoeing.

I don't think your scenario's very plausible.

Last edited:
Largely due to the cancerous attitude from a significant number of Remainers which seems to assume that because any given Leaver can't give a detailed point-by-point plan for any aspect of leaving the EU with or without a deal then Brexit is:

1. Stupid
2. Wrong
3. Illegal
4. Dead last winter

We get you're disappointed you didn't get your way; what we don't get is this whole petulant, entitled, vicious attitude that Remainers think they can overturn the result simply on the basis of their objection to a democratic result.

Are you expecting Leavers to suddenly say "Oh, you're right. How could we have been so silly? It just needed three years of continually being told we're thick racists to realise. Let's cancel Article 50."?

The UK must leave the EU on Oct 31. This is the only way to lance the boil.
You are correct, nothing remain has offered amounts to any meaningful change. From BL one liner digs to the rambling twitter stories of grac, or the project fear stories peddled by all, everything they peddle is simply negative in nature...... The more sophisticated have finally evolved a little towards: 'Deal, but remaining is better than deal' as part of its referendum2 approach. But that is hardly a battle cry to once more storm a breach.

Remain has to be serious and offer an alternative, as it rejected TM/EUs brexit lite deal.. Its time they stepped forward with alternatives that move the country towards a final chapter and not simply throwing half the nations opinions on the bonfire of their vanity and hubris.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
You are correct, nothing remain has offered amounts to any meaningful change. From BL one liner digs to the rambling twitter stories of grac, or the project fear stories peddled by all, everything they peddle is simply negative in nature...... The more sophisticated have finally evolved a little towards: 'Deal, but remaining is better than deal' as part of its referendum2 approach. But that is hardly a battle cry to once more storm a breach.

Remain has to be serious and offer an alternative, as it rejected TM/EUs brexit lite deal.. Its time they stepped forward with alternatives that move the country towards a final chapter and not simply throwing half the nations opinions on the bonfire of their vanity and hubris.
Remain doesn't really have an argument that will resonate with the wider public beyond the damage that will be done if we leave a large and established trading block after almost fifty years. All the other arguments are political; with resonance for social democrats as the EU broadly drives their agenda, or speak to the personal economic advantage of specific groups, many of whom are in the South East. The only ideologically appealing policy for Remain to engage the wider public with would be EU reform, and no-one's buying that.

The arrogance of brexit come from those darts and dominoes, fag smoking beer headed, losers who think that their ignorance trumps the reality provided by experienced experts. We will soon see who is right... The problem is that when defeated with legs and arms hacked off they will proclaim... It's only a scratch. We know about such idiots.

Remain doesn't really have an argument that will resonate with the wider public beyond the damage that will be done if we leave a large and established trading block after almost fifty years. All the other arguments are political; with resonance for social democrats as the EU broadly drives their agenda, or speak to the personal economic advantage of specific groups, many of whom are in the South East. The only ideologically appealing policy for Remain to engage the wider public with would be EU reform, and no-one's buying that.
And is essentially remains problem in a nutshell.. The best chance of stopping no deal was to endorse TMs deal. But given they had control of parliament, they felt no requirement to back down and vanity and hubris is writ large with that class.....

Even IF parliament succeeded in stopping no deal, they are bereft of ideas in turning around the public. They have adopted a wishful thinking that they can win another vote (GE/Referendum) and I am not convinced at all that is the case and won't blow up in their faces.

The arrogance of brexit come from those darts and dominoes, fag smoking beer headed, losers who think that their ignorance trumps the reality provided by experienced experts. We will soon see who is right... The problem is that when defeated with legs and arms hacked off they will proclaim... It's only a scratch. We know about such idiots.
Ironically, I think it was Tony Blair himself who said (as a talking head on a series I watched a few years ago) that in his view there was no strong economic reason to remain in the EU, but politically we had to. So what you say makes sense, and implies that the hidden imperative behind the remain establishment is in fact largely political.

I may have misheard him, so apologies if someone has the quote recorded...

As I understand it, YELLOWHAMMER contains the worst case scenario. MDCOA as it were. There's also a whole host of other possibilities enclosed within I believe.

It's called good planning.

Alas mongs don't realise that and are taking everything in there as gospel.
AFAIK, what was leaked, was the up to date likely scenario!

The issue is not, that a document was leaked, but the substance of the likely consequences.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
All very febrile in here today and yet nothing has happened.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
The increasing number of leaked papers (mostly old/obsolete) demonstrates the need for further action against the Remoron shitwits, both politicians & CS whose sole aim is to derail Brexit.
It's clear they care nothing about damage done to the UK economy by their actions, whilst simultaneously screaming about how leaving the EU will do what they're already doing.

Nasty, small-minded, anti-democratic & at times resorting to violence & criminality - that's radical Remain.
BoJo has a big political problem to handle.
  1. He has to show he's committed to Brexit to attract ex-Tory voters back from TBP.
  2. He has to publicly demonstrate that there are people trying to overturn the result of the referendum.
  3. He has to sell his vision of post-Brexit Britain to the electorate.
He can best do that be being statesmanlike and not throwing his toys out of the pram. Calm, measured steps towards Brexit will be far more effective than being shouty and sweary.

The Hammond's, Grieve's, Gawke's and all are finished as senior politicians anyway. If BoJo Brexits and wins the follow up GE, they'll end up an embittered minority on the back benches - assuming that they haven't defied a three line whip and be expelled from the party first.

Wordsmith

Ironically, I think it was Tony Blair himself who said (as a talking head on a series I watched a few years ago) that in his view there was no strong economic reason to remain in the EU, but politically we had to. So what you say makes sense, and implies that the hidden imperative behind the remain establishment is in fact largely political.

I may have misheard him, so apologies if someone has the quote recorded...
I can't recall a bigger lie in history than that which is perpetuated by the remain movement i.e. Brexit is all about economics.... Weirdly, most of the remainers on this site are allegedly against a USE, which makes them breathtakingly stupid or part of that conspiracy of silence.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ho2331 Brexit 59
chuggafugga Brexit 70
Red Hander Brexit 63

Latest Threads