Brexit - The Final

I answered a question. No straw-clutching involved.

Johnson has also said leaving with no-deal is a million to one possibility, so I would't put too much faith in his words if I were you.
With one correct answer and three incorrect ones.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
With one correct answer and three incorrect ones.
Simplistic binary thinking is what has led the UK to its current embarrassing impasse. As I say, Sep is going to be fascinating. All this should have happened last winter but I had under-estimated PMTM's Olympic standard of kicking the can right into the autumn of 2019. Impressive stuff.

The Parliamentary arithmetic is now much harder for Johnson and his majority could vanish in one day.

I recommend you try not to be so blinkered. There are two battles here. One is plebiscitary democracy versus the representative form (I prefer the latter). The other is the Legislature versus the Executive (I prefer the former).

After all, many voted Leave in order for Parliament 'to take back control', even though it had never lost it. So, it's going to be a hoot.

I may have said all of this before over several years.

What does “While it evolves, it lives” mean? How on earth does that equate to the opt outs lasting forever? The opt outs will be in place, only as long as the EU wishes them to be in place.

My point is simple, so simple in fact that you seem to have ignored it. Reform from Within, the wish of many, is this not a backwards step for the EU?
T_T 2016 called, he agreed. Stop press: We're leaving. Your points are irrelevant to the thread title socky.

You learn something new everyday, Labour’s momentum selected BoJo, or was that intended to be ironic

I heard him this morning and was left with this problem, if we can’t expect the EU to back down, why on earth should we be expected to?
You re forgetting we have a significant majority of cowardly pussies in parliament who cave at the first sign of trouble - I honestly don’t think that there has ever been crappier And weaker Peoples representatives in all of uk history - all of those Hammond signatories haven’t an ounce of fight in them unless it’s against their own country ! - they wouldn’t dare challenge their masters in Brussels - if nothing else it has demonstrated just how far the eu indoctrination has gone into our political ‘betters’

Simplistic binary thinking is what has led the UK to its current embarrassing impasse. As I say, Sep is going to be fascinating. All this should have happened last winter but I had under-estimated PMTM's Olympic standard of kicking the can right into the autumn of 2019. Impressive stuff.

The Parliamentary arithmetic is now much harder for Johnson and his majority could vanish in one day.

I recommend you try not to be so blinkered. There are two battles here. One is plebiscitary democracy versus the representative form (I prefer the latter). The other is the Legislature versus the Executive (I prefer the former).

After all, many voted Leave in order for Parliament 'to take back control', even though it had never lost it. So, it's going to be a hoot.

I may have said all of this before over several years.
A remain cabinet brought us to the embarrassing impasse.
I expect you know this.

Another useful contribution. No time to address the questions posed to you though? Why could that be?
It's in the spirit of the OP. Thick socky.

Lifeboat21

Old-Salt
While it evolves, it lives. Therefore the opt outs last forever.
What’s your point?
The opt outs were being closed down as quickly as the European Union could get around to it.

Hence why QMV was being brought in to replace the exiting unanimous decision voting system.

Little cuts.

Admittedly QMV could have helped UK reform some of the issues but at the same time it was a direct threat to any sovereignty that European states had.

The better option would have been to allow everybody to move along at their own pace. Don't even bother with this 'two speed europe' nonsense. Don't force anything on anyone and let them come to the decisions as needed.

Your post makes almost as much sense when translated into Klingon.

Wordsmith :smile:
I had you down as a Klingon speaker. The last person who proudly announced that to me kept his mobile phone in a gun style shoulder holster.

Borris is preparing us for a 'people versus parliament' general election campaign.

I'll look forward to telling them that we're leaving, yet again.
You don't say?

This may have been asked before, and if so, apologies.

Boris says he wants to renegotiate TM’s agreement because he wants to remove the backstop. The backstop would prevent there being a “hard” border between RoI and NI.
EU says it will not remove the backstop and will not negotiate.
Chances appear to be that we are becoming ever more likely to leave with no deal on 31 Oct. If we do leave with no deal, that will mean there will be a hard border. So if EU doesn’t want a hard border, why don’t they want to negotiate with Boris’s government to see if they can salvage some sort of compromise?

All the other ones.

Leave without a deal.
Leave with a deal.
Revoke Article 50.
Seek a further extension in order to have an early election or another referendum.

That's what next month's fun in Parliament will be about. I'm rather looking forward to it. I don't see why people are struggling with the very obvious possibilities since they've always been there.
You do realise that your third proposition would be subject to the conditions laid down by Macron, which would be rather France dictating our politics. We can kiss bye bye to Parliament having any further relevance to this country, they’ve effectively wasted three years.

This may have been asked before, and if so, apologies.

Boris says he wants to renegotiate TM’s agreement because he wants to remove the backstop. The backstop would prevent there being a “hard” border between RoI and NI.
EU says it will not remove the backstop and will not negotiate.
Chances appear to be that we are becoming ever more likely to leave with no deal on 31 Oct. If we do leave with no deal, that will mean there will be a hard border. So if EU doesn’t want a hard border, why don’t they want to negotiate with Boris’s government to see if they can salvage some sort of compromise?
Hubris, arrogance, or both.