Brexit - The Final

Remember this guy ?

Today just got even better for him :D:D

Will the £300k he managed to crowdfund cover the legal costs ?
How is the other court case going; the one in Scotland?

A sly dig at Dominic Cummings?
Isn't it curious how easily people become targets of the independent/neutral/unbiased media once they are identified as a threat to the establishment... The obvious aim now is to try and cut away people from boris who have any original thought. If you recall the same happened with TM, as she junked her own advisory team and went with the establishment view and they surprisingly enough delivered more of the same.

The speaker is supposed to be impartial. Bercow is clearly not. If he wants to keep breaking convention then I would like to see Boris also break with convention and field a candidate against him in his constituency at the next general election.
It's odd isn't it, we voted to leave the EU, it wasnt Leave with a deal or Leave with no deal or Stay with an updated mandate or Stay with our bum holes free for the raping of, it was leave or remain....

We voted leave, the only thing stopping that democratic vote is politicians who have said from day one the Leave Voters were too thick to know what they were voting for! So they are now trying to put words in the mouth of the leavers to say, we know what you really meant......you meant leave with a deal (shhhh, dont tell the idiots its a deal that isnt really leaving!!!).

I think anyone who tries to stop this Tory movement under BJ will have seriously misunderstood the feeling in the majority of the UK.

Nobbygas

Old-Salt
And swinging and missing.

BoJo has stated it is not his attempt to prorogue parliament - which Bercow has voted to stop. Proroguing parliament to stifle debate would create a Remain 'stab in the back' legend that might come back to haunt BoJo.

What BoJo intends to do - if defeated in a vote of confidence and if no alternative government is formed - is to use his prerogative as PM to set the date of the resulting GE beyond the Brexit date, meaning we will leave the EU without parliament being able to stop it. That's entirely within BoJo's remit and Bercow couldn't stop it.

I also suspect - against precedent - if BoJo gets a majority in a GE, Bercow is toast and parliament will elect a new speaker with the gravitas for the job.

Wordsmith
I see a flaw in your plan! Doesn't then next Speaker have to come from the Labour benches? Don't they sort of 'rotate' the position? If so, where on earth are you going to find someone in Labour with 'gravitas' for the job?

21 MP's have signed a letter and are all looking forward to Johnson's reply

View attachment 410361

You are all sacked should be the reply.
Well Alberto Costa shouldnt count, Tom Tugendhat was in the army so he should know better, Phillip Hammond is butthurt, Nicholas Soames is related to Churchill, dear god I would firmly kick my Grand(son/daughter) in the (cnut/ballsack) if I knew they would breed that POS.

I agree.....

1565779152398.jpeg

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
I see a flaw in your plan! Doesn't then next Speaker have to come from the Labour benches? Don't they sort of 'rotate' the position? If so, where on earth are you going to find someone in Labour with 'gravitas' for the job?
Bercow broke precedent in the first place by campaigning for the job and Labour broke precedent by voting in, not the best person for the job, but the person most likely to annoy the Tory party.

It doesn't matter what party the next speaker comes from providing they of a stature appropriate for the job.

Wordsmith

No it doesn't have to rotate.
From 1928 to 1965 the four speakers were Conservative. Then it did rotate with Labour, Conservative, Labour, Conservative but the next 2 from 1992 were Labour. Then Bercow in 2009 until now.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Time for an independent. Frank Field.

Latest Threads