Brexit - The Final

Living as I do outside the UK, it's interesting to watch British (or at least English) exceptionalism in full flow. I don't just mean the hard Brexiteers who think that the UK will be able to ride out the storm and emerge into the land of unicorns, but remainers who genuinely seem to think that Britain leaving the EU is the worst act any country has committed, ever. In other words, if the UK isn't the best country in the world, then it must be the worst. The idea of just being happy with being a moderately prosperous and influential nation seems alien to them. You get the same kind of attitudes in the USA and, to a certain extent, Australia, but Brexit has taken the UK up to a whole new level. Regardless of the rights and wrongs of leaving the EU, we really, really need to get over that.

Robme

LE
That is sadly no longer an option.

Much better to be in the tent than out.

We also do a lot of bilateral trade with the European Union. This is now at risk.
There will be no EU/U.K. trade at risk, or do you seriously believe that the EU it self will purchase the excess cheese, Fizzy nasty, BMW’s which we still want to buy. Of which. Once tariffs have been applied in response to EU tariffs, the only thing that will be running of the shelves will be french cheese, well gone off.

Robme

LE
That is sadly no longer an option.

Much better to be in the tent than out.

We also do a lot of bilateral trade with the European Union. This is now at risk.
Read the withdrawal agreement numb nuts, and there you will see the prime alpha causation for the reason why we are leaving without a deal. Which other muppets anywhere in the world, when faced with a ya-bo-sucks to a proposed agreement, insists that it is presented again? John Bolton, got it in one.

No answer then? Why am I even trying to debate?

But I thought Reform from Within was one of the options preferred by many (BL?). Surely that's going backwards?

Are the opt outs guaranteed for the lifetime of the EU?
You're still a sock. Making stuff up.

Robme

LE
Living as I do outside the UK, it's interesting to watch British (or at least English) exceptionalism in full flow. I don't just mean the hard Brexiteers who think that the UK will be able to ride out the storm and emerge into the land of unicorns, but remainers who genuinely seem to think that Britain leaving the EU is the worst act any country has committed, ever. In other words, if the UK isn't the best country in the world, then it must be the worst. The idea of just being happy with being a moderately prosperous and influential nation seems alien to them. You get the same kind of attitudes in the USA and, to a certain extent, Australia, but Brexit has taken the UK up to a whole new level. Regardless of the rights and wrongs of leaving the EU, we really, really need to get over that.
We have it’s called Brexit.
Can I suggest as somebody living outside the U.K. you start with the withdrawal agreement and see for yourself just what the EU classify as an agreement to have nothing more to do with the artificial controls on trade aka EU style

Couple of points, as I said above, Reform from

Evidence I am a sock? What am I making up? Why is your default setting abuse mode? I am simply asking questions.
Cheers sock.

The older I get, the less faith I have in experts. Don't you remember what the experts told us would happen if we didn't join the Euro?
Do you mean Gordon Brown and the experts at the BoE who set the criteria for joining, the "five economic tests" in the knowledge that we'd not meet them?

Robme

LE
I was the only male in a shared house of eight girls for a year when at university. No, they did not all get on, in fact, far from it. I once had to to break up a fight in the kitchen where one was threatening another with a knife. The 'threatened' party was welding a cast iron skillet pan with intent. The argument was over a bag of salad leaves. :roll:
All my roomies back in the day, simply thought I was an overgrown slut, who apart from the Bishops daughter steered a wide hearth.

What on Earth is it going to do?
Why would it bother us, we had a seat at the top table were well thought of and listened to. (Despite what Guido, Biff and assorted loons say).

We (and Ireland) have opt outs we can’t be coerced into something we don’t want to be.

What’s wrong with it evolving, everything does.
Not evolving means going backwards.

I keep saying it. I see no good side to Brexit. I see nothing but harm and having blown our reputation for diplomacy and strategy. We suddenly find we no longer have any gunboats.(and we’re down a shipyard)
Well they seem to be a little hard of hearing when we said we're leaving. We had opt outs from some of the shittier bits, but frankly why would we pay a fortune to be part of an organisation that has shit bits in the first place?

So? That doesn't make him Mystic Meg does it?
Might just as well have been. He was in the Int Corps, after all!! As it says in someone's signature block on here, "The Intelligence Corps, making sh!t up since 1940."

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Am I the only one to look at that and think that there shouldn't be a comma before the word 'and'?
And those friends who are super-sensitive to typos on your Facebook page? Psychological testing reveals they're generally less open, and are also more likely to be judging you for your mistakes than everyone else.

Gen question Grac?

When you voted Remain, what did you vote for?

More Europe
Less Europe
Status Quo
Whatever you want, whatever you like, whatever you say, you pay your money, you take your choice

Latest Threads