Brexit - The Final

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Question for Skid!

When you voted Remain, what did you vote for?

More Europe
Less Europe
Status Quo
Status Quo didn’t bother me one bit. Unlike a lot of brexiters who seem to see the Eu as either as an all consuming monolith and/or a teetering wreck.
It can’t be both, yet in some fevered minds it seems to be the case.

I know. I know. I should have listened to Farage and Johnson, believed we were capable of having our cake and eating it.

It was going to be the easiest deal ever and we were going to enjoy all the benefits without any responsibilities, yet still give a load of money to the nhs.
Boy will I feel stupid when this all pans out.

smff73

Old-Salt
Status Quo didn’t bother me one bit. Unlike a lot of brexiters who seem to see the Eu as either as an all consuming monolith and/or a teetering wreck.
It can’t be both, yet in some fevered minds it seems to be the case.

I know. I know. I should have listened to Farage and Johnson, believed we were capable of having our cake and eating it.

It was going to be the easiest deal ever and we were going to enjoy all the benefits without any responsibilities, yet still give a load of money to the nhs.
Boy will I feel stupid when this all pans out.
Fair enough Skid, thanks for your reply. But the question is, would the EU have been content with the Status Quo, surely it's an evolving entity?

Robme

LE
I did try, I seriously did. But Robme doesn't seem able to or to want to write a coherent post. I'm sure that he's trying to make some reasonable points but it makes my eyes bleed trying to decipher it from the chaff that surrounds it, with the constant use of phrases like Mafia and Chicken Little etc so to save time scrolling past his posts I've now decided to put him on ignore. It's so much easier.
For all others, the Mafia = The Gaulighters of the EU, Chicken Little = Dominic Greave, the Lillets = all Chicken Little Supporters and those who think like him. It’s easy.

Whilst everyone is on a sentimental journey back to 2016...

Deflection. Come on, answer the question. You wouldn't answer my previous question, saying you'd answered it many times before.

This is a new question. What are you scared of?
You're a sock, living in the past. Forget it.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Fair enough Skid, thanks for your reply. But the question is, would the EU have been content with the Status Quo, surely it's an evolving entity?
What on Earth is it going to do?
Why would it bother us, we had a seat at the top table were well thought of and listened to. (Despite what Guido, Biff and assorted loons say).

We (and Ireland) have opt outs we can’t be coerced into something we don’t want to be.

What’s wrong with it evolving, everything does.
Not evolving means going backwards.

I keep saying it. I see no good side to Brexit. I see nothing but harm and having blown our reputation for diplomacy and strategy. We suddenly find we no longer have any gunboats.(and we’re down a shipyard)

smff73

Old-Salt
You're a sock, living in the past. Forget it.
No answer then? Why am I even trying to debate?

What on Earth is it going to do?
Why would it bother us, we had a seat at the top table were well thought of and listened to. (Despite what Guido, Biff and assorted loons say).

We (and Ireland) have opt outs we can’t be coerced into something we don’t want to be.

What’s wrong with it evolving, everything does.
Not evolving means going backwards.

I keep saying it. I see no good side to Brexit. I see nothing but harm and having blown our reputation for diplomacy and strategy. We suddenly find we no longer have any gunboats.(and we’re down a shipyard)
But I thought Reform from Within was one of the options preferred by many (BL?). Surely that's going backwards?

Are the opt outs guaranteed for the lifetime of the EU?

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
No answer then? Why am I even trying to debate?

But I thought Reform from Within was one of the options preferred by many (BL?). Surely that's going backwards?

Are the opt outs guaranteed for the lifetime of the EU?
While it evolves, it lives. Therefore the opt outs last forever.
What’s your point?

Robme

LE
That is sadly no longer an option.

Much better to be in the tent than out.

We also do a lot of bilateral trade with the European Union. This is now at risk.
Of course it’s not an option, Blair and CMD went over their and both got a broom rammed up their arses, because they asked for change. Most of the leaders of European nations fully recognise that, it’s just the Mafia who are hanging on by grim death to their master plan to destroy the EU from within. Need qualification for that? Just ask the idiot running Orland at the moment, who is now fully aware that the EU has shafted him and that the Irish Government will be paying for and manning an Irish/U.K. border.

Latest Threads