Brexit - The Final

Prefer to see the remain sticker nailed to his head.
With 8” nails
Agreed, and I voted Remain. The man is an utter ****.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
You were doing so well In your first paragraph & a half, then you went & spoilt it by reverting to your usual congenital idiot mode.

Never mind, plainly there is a chink if Light in there somewhere.....
...and this time we didn’t even get past the first page before the names started flying. Sigh.

The people dripping about Bercow's intervention are missing the utter constitutional carnage initiated by a Government losing multiple vital votes by 140+ margins and even, somehow, surviving.

Parliament has to be taken seriously, surely and it strikes me that the Speaker is upholding parliamentary dignity.
Bollocks, he’s not impartial and the wholw drama started well before any ‘votes’ ffs.

Bercow? To be taken seriously? HDQ for him the nasty little ****, and I’m a Remainer!

...and this time we didn’t even get past the first page before the names started flying. Sigh.
Do you really want to go there special? Last time we had banter you had a very public, very embarrassing meltdown.

You do seem have an unerring ability to state the moronic...

Is it the final, people having been losing faith in politicians in the UK for a long time

Their handling of Brexit has shown their contempt for the common man

If there is one good that comes out of this, perhaps there will be more calls for direct democracy borne out of distaste for modern politicians

I don't think Brexit is enough, we need to remove as much power from politicians as possible and give the electorate more of a say in day to day decision making

I think he was telling Treeza to have a General Election and then, if she wins, she can come back and try again. He was heavily emphasising " the not permitted in this parliamentary session" line.

Quite why it took him 10 minutes to say that can only mean he likes the sound of his own voice.

Oh come on Sixty, Brexit is just starting to get really interesting!

Mrs Jagman fancied a kebab this evening so I duly trotted off to our local Kurdish run donner emporium.
Quiet in there but the Kurds behind the counter asked my opinion on Brexit, the owner was stressed about the possibility of his tomatoes from Spain becoming more expensive, the other two fiercely defended Brexit as being a good idea.
Last week at work a Romanian driver who works for me expressed vigorous support for Brexit (before I professed an opinion), one of my Poles wants to go home to Poland but his wife won't allow it. Another Pole says he is now British and wants out of the EU. Around 5% of our Eastern European workers have already gone back East, the remaining ones are quite content to watch Brexit with interest.

This close to Brexit Day its getting more and more interesting.

The real conclusion at the moment is that nobody knows what will happen in 11 days time.
Its extraordinary and fascinating. Opinion on Arrse is not disimilar to that encountered out in the real world, its a pretty momentous moment in British history and we are watching it unfold infront of us.
Nobody is really in control right now, Parliament is like car crash telly. Its bloody great!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The people dripping about Bercow's intervention are missing the utter constitutional carnage initiated by a Government losing multiple vital votes by 140+ margins and even, somehow, surviving.

Parliament has to be taken seriously, surely and it strikes me that the Speaker is upholding parliamentary dignity.
Parliament dignity or parliament anarchy. Are you saying we don't need a government and that once we have appointed MPs we no longer require leadership within that august body?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I know I shouldn't be surprised by this bunch of bastard politicians and what they get up to, but to have No Brexit mentioned at all after such a vote in the referendum is sick and a total slap in the face of the voters!

May and her cabinet need to unite and confirm they are going to give the outcome of the referendum some respect and take us out.

Say No Brexit is an impossibility - it is the only respectable outcome.

Whether Brexit happens or not, I am also intrigued as to what will happen to parliament. Will the brewing shitstorm, contempt and hatred for pretty much most of the sitting MP's just evaporate as it did after the expenses scandal? Or will there be genuine change?
The trouble is that many voters like me may be forced to vote for the scumbag that is currently there just so Momentum cannot get power. Dr Phillip Lee has been a turd in every vote so far, even though his constituency voted 53.9% in favour of leaving. I would love to get rid of the traitorous, smug little twat but without a third party of any substance, a vote against him is a vote for Corbyn and I don't hate my country enough to do that.

It is also worth hearing in mind when that Adonis chap starts blathering on about a second referendum.

I've just listened to Laura K's Brexit cast; she reckons changes could be made to the WA without involving the EU making changes to it. For example more powers could be given to NI in the WA, creating a substantive change that way. Or by seeking a short extension to Art 50 in the outcome that the WA is passed, or a long extension in the event that it isn't, and stapling that to the WA.

I still reckon a third vote on the WA is on the cards; it just hinges on what Bercow decides is substantive or not.

Whether Brexit happens or not, I am also intrigued as to what will happen to parliament. Will the brewing shitstorm, contempt and hatred for pretty much most of the sitting MP's just evaporate as it did after the expenses scandal? Or will there be genuine change?
The trouble is that many voters like me may be forced to vote for the scumbag that is currently there just so Momentum cannot get power. Dr Phillip Lee has been a turd in every vote so far, even though his constituency voted 53.9% in favour of leaving. I would love to get rid of the traitorous, smug little twat but without a third party of any substance, a vote against him is a vote for Corbyn and I don't hate my country enough to do that.
Plus add to that your MP doesn’t necessarily toe the party manifesto or even his own