Brexit - The Final

The best summary of the failure that is Crusty's life that I have seen written on Arrse.
You’re a STAB major after thirty years, and a 52 year old low grade civil servent. With at least one failed marriage under your belt.

Deep down, do you honestly believe you’ve applied yourself successfuly to anything?

You’re a STAB major after thirty years, and a 52 year old low grade civil servent. With at least one failed marriage under your belt.

Deep down, do you honestly believe you’ve applied yourself successfuly to anything?
Given that you can't even get basic facts right, you have just proved that what Grownup_Rafbrat wrote about was absolutely correct. Failed again Crusty, but keep swinging, it's keeping us all entertained! :thumleft:

Last edited:
Given that you can't even get basic facts right, you have just proved that what Grownup_Rafbrat wrote about was absolutely correct. Failed again Crusty, but keep swinging,it's keeping all entertained! :thumleft:

Not busy in the portacabin today I take it? You should use this time to do some courses or something - or maybe a bit of self-reflection. You retire soon and have basically done nothing with your life :)

Tony Blair warns Boris a no-deal Brexit 'could be catastrophic' and demands second referendum | Daily Mail Online

could be catastrophic. The second referendum is to be between remain and leave with no deal... I'm pretty sure the remain ship has passed. The choice is deal or no deal surely?

And South Ireland's deputy pm is saying the backstop won't be negotiated.
The EU has rearranged the deckchairs and its full speed ahead.
In the UK, our media and establishment are still fighting to retain membership on the basis of fear.

Nothing ever changes, my feeling is still of doubt about Boris as he is not a revolutionary and will almost certainly try to work within the system and good luck with that when it cuts him off at the knees.

Not busy in the portacabin today I take it? You should use this time to do some courses or something - or maybe a bit of self-reflection. You retire soon and have basically done nothing with your life :)
I wish that I could retire soon Crusty but, sadly, the, Treasury had other ideas when they reformed CS pensions in 2015...

Anyway, given that you are a scientist of both means and influence, perhaps you could write to Philip Hammond and ask him to sort it out before he leaves No. 11 Downing Street on Wednesday? I'm sure that a (badly spelled) letter from Dr Dr Crusty Lobster MMA will do the trick... :rambo:

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
This via tw@tter. Appears doom monger in chief is on his toes before he gets the push. Excellent news if true.

He is indeed jumping before he is pushed - and hoping to lead a back bench rebellion against a no deal Brexit.

That cunning plan falls flat on its backside if the Conservative position in the polls improves to the point where they might win a GE. That might just happen with the 'Boris bounce' to be expected as he enters a honeymoon period with the voters + a further 'Boris bounce' as Brexit supporting voters voters get someone determined to deliver Brexit. In those circumstances, BoJo might welcome an early GE.

The other thing to be expected from the doom monger in chief being replaced is a more positive view on Brexit coming out of the Treasury - which in turn will impact positively on public opinion.

Wordsmith

I wish that I could retire soon Crusty but, sadly, the, Treasury had other ideas when they reformed CS pensions in 2015...

Anyway, given that you are a scientist of both means and influence, perhaps you could write to Philip Hammond and ask him to sort it out before he leaves No. 11 Downing Street on Wednesday? I'm sure that a (badly spelled) letter from Dr Dr Crusty Lobster MMA will do the trick... :rambo:
Well you have a bit of time to try and make a difference then. It’s never too late. Now off you pop.

Not a recruiter - manager of a team of highly skilled technicians, from PhD to Graduate, via ex Royal Signals, all with different qualifications, in jobs that when advertised, request degrees. Myself from a highly technical background, blagged myself into a technical traineeship at an excellent company at 19 after leaving full time education at 17. No degree but much post education study and a track record that meant I was never out of work in 40 years in the industry.

You make assumptions, talk nonsense and get it wrong.
NB being a recruiter for technical jobs =/= working in a technical role.

In fact recruiting seems like a completely dreadful job and most recruiters have almost no understanding of the work the people they are placing do.
If you are talking, public sector, such understanding is not encouraged.The priority is meeting racial, non-binary, disability quotas.

He has been a very busy person over the weekend in his bedsit, jumping between accounts and arranging his next waffle party.
Where would this site be without the, ahem, input of Crusty/Dick Nipples? Where else would we get to witness almost daily proof that the old adage of 'Don't do drugs kids' was, in fact, correct...

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Johnson likely to avoid immediate confidence vote if he becomes PM

Not going to happen without Labour support.

The best thing they could all do is bring down the Government.

It will ensure that the UK leaves the EU on 31 October as there is no way a GE will happen before then.
The other reason Labour are keen to avoid a confidence vote is that they're languishing at the low twenties in the opinion polls and will (along with the Tories) lose seat to the Limp Dems and TBP if there is an early GE.

Johnson, if he has any political nous, will make a determined effort to Brexit. He either Brexits, (in which case the Tory opinion polls results may allow him to go for an early GE), or he gets the Opposition + some rebel Tory MP's to block Brexit - in which case he goes to the country stating the the verdict of the referendum is being overturned by parliament and only the Tories are willing to respect the results of the referendum. And I suspect BoJo would win a 'people versus parliament' GE.

Wordsmith

Latest Threads