Brexit - The Final

Skid, I hate to break this to you, but no one on the mainland cares about NI. No one. As Meerkatz keeps suggesting, time for you to learn the RoI national anthem and fly the tricolour.
Little England, we'll get there eventually.

@exbleep is suffering from a severe case of Remaineritus. The symptoms are anxiety (possibly leading to a nervous breakdown on 1st November), acute paranoia about the impact of Brexit and similar delusions thereof about how the UK will fare after Brexit. The symptoms are heightened by inhabiting the Twittersphere, where multiple sufferers from Remaineritus exchange increasingly far-fetched information.

I'm not sure if there is a cure.

Wordsmith
You're suffering from a prolonged case of talking bollocks and fibbing.

I involved the Mods immediately. They pinged chilly. You are screeching to an empty room. Thanks for your concern.
Snitch and snitch mod.... I hope he asked for consent...

Fcuk me you really are that dense aren’t you?

I thought you were one step above the croutons, a very small step, but a step nonetheless. Plainly I overestimated you.
Cheers Knacker.

What fantasy? Man up.

Well that goes to show what a bunch of shitcunts they all are.
Although I suppose when they retire and need to sell a book they will remember what a rebel they were.
I think it was more a combination of the afterglow of the Balkans plus a desperation to demonstrate how important the (insert service title here) were.

See "Losing Small Wars" for details.

I think it was more a combination of the afterglow of the Balkans plus a desperation to demonstrate how important the (insert service title here) were.

A lot of believing our own stories without taking into account the difference between 1950's and 60's end of Empire and now, with an army a third of the size. Never mind the lack of colonial administrators who knew how to do it and a public willing to accept casualties.

Have we learnt?

Just telling it how it is. And I like Northern Ireland and have been there several times (not Op BANNER though).
It's where we'll end up at this rate though. Did you see and wince at Boris with afneil? Neil wasn't full on either.

Admiral Leach who told Thatcher what was needed in the Falklands, that is Integrity...... Something went awry with our senior officers in the late 90s and my suspicions, were a shrinking service led to many of them to start to lose professional integrity and adopt the 'got to get along, to go along' disease.

On brexit; the same thing happened with our politicians of all hues. They lost integrity on Europe and both sides have lied their a**es off before, during and after the referendum to the extent everyone is completely confused and demoralised.

Admiral Leach who told Thatcher what was needed in the Falklands, that is Integrity...... Something went awry with our senior officers in the late 90s and my suspicions, were a shrinking service led to many of them to start to lose professional integrity and adopt the 'got to get along, to go along' disease.

On brexit; the same thing happened with our politicians of all hues. They lost integrity on Europe and both sides have lied their a**es off before, during and after the referendum to the extent everyone is completely confused and demoralised.
I was on the central staff in both the mid 90s and then in the early 2000s. Your point about the change in culture is spot on, as the atmosphere between first and second periods was like chalk and cheese.

I could write a book. But I won't.

A lot of believing our own stories without taking into account the difference between 1950's and 60's end of Empire and now, with an army a third of the size. Never mind the lack of colonial administrators who knew how to do it and a public willing to accept casualties.

Have we learnt?
That is not what the issue has been. It was the end of the cold war and the rise of the "out of area"/"expeditionary" warriors. Long on promises, short on proper capability and a lack of appreciation and understanding that a (proper) Op is for a generation, not just for Christmas.

Have we learnt?
Not sure you have champ, but keep swinging...